Windows Vista SP2 Beta v6002-16497 has been Released

Hey guys,

If you have access to Microsoft Connect and you've been accepted for the Windows Vista SP2 Beta, then hop along as Microsoft have release a new DVD .ISO image.

Windows Server 2008 SP2 Beta v6002-16497 DVD .ISO is also available.

If you have access to both Service Packs then Microsoft have provided a DataGrabber Tool available from Microsoft Connect also

Overview of the DataGrabber Tool

The Data Grabber was created to improve the bug filing process by automatically gathering important system information to include with your bug reports.

Edited by Windows Tester

Already on the Torrent Networks, damn, thats TOO fast.

I'll be checking out SP2 at some point but the changes between SP1 and SP2 are so minor it's almost pointless.

Thanks Windows Tester for the heads up (Y)

v6002-16497 - sounds delicious.

No problem anytime

Yeah i think the touch technologies in Windows Vista weren't mature enouh for prime time and i think in a lot of ways let the OS down, that and other things.

hmm... well tonight should be fun.. it's like christmas in October!

And tomorow is like boxing day, Ubuntu 8.10 comes out!

I will download SP2 beta when I've heard some reports from people, cause it seems like a waste of a download for my main OS if there is some crap feature which won't let me uninstall or something.

It'll be nice to see if they boost performance more like some have been saying. But with all the Win7 news people have forgotten about Vista SP2 mostly.

only time can tell with things like this. The only problem i have with such a publicly released version of beta software it it generally tends to make perceptions about things to people who have never even used the product.

Actually you can there's a .bat file curcling the Internet, it's more or less the same as the .bat file that was available for Windows Vista SP1, do to Winfuture.de via Google and use the translator.

Can someone tell me if installing this Service Pack 2 build shows build v.105 in System info in Windows Vista

Actually you can there's a .bat file curcling the Internet, it's more or less the same as the .bat file that was available for Windows Vista SP1, do to Winfuture.de via Google and use the translator.

Can someone tell me if installing this Service Pack 2 build shows build v.105 in System info in Windows Vista

tried the reg trick but it just shows the old build in wu.