Windows 7 Vista Style FINAL

Does the start orb really look like that on 7?

Seems kinda.. weird.

There's an animated glow when u hover/click on the start button. It looks weird in the screenshot because of the low resolution

i noticed the creator said that its x86 vista only? but, i heard some people said it dont matter. if it was created on a x86, it will still work with x64, but is that true?

It looks good, however I am concerned about the resources for the Start button, does it really look like that in this visual style when hovering over the button or on a mouse-down/click event which would activate the Start menu? If so, it may be a better idea to use the resources from the Aero.msstyles in Windows Vista for that part.

I don't understand how a "windows 7" theme can ever be "final" by now due to the real theme not even being done itself. Surely you're have to upgrade this to match.

Looks nice though :p

If you didn't follow the stages of this visual style i have to say to you that when i started work on it i released a beta version which was not so similar to win 7 and when i complete it and made look like win 7 then i named t FINAL is that so hard so understand? :)

I'm sorry to inform you sir, but there are in fact, no skins for Windows 7. It's a slight mod of Aero, and a **** poor one at that.

Lord above, I'll never understand why people flock to ugly themes just because some billion dollar company designs them for an alpha product.

Seems you're now required to "donate" if you want to get hold of this theme.

So in effect, he's now selling a theme containing actual resources from Windows 7. Bad move, I'm tempted to report this to DeviantArt.

So in effect, he's now selling a theme containing actual resources from Windows 7. Bad move.....

I thought the same when I saw the updated style. Bad....move....!

I really enjoyed this theme.....until the creator started selling it. I agree with the above posts -- you are selling a theme that is somebody else's work. All you are doing is essentially porting it over to windows vista.

I'm sorry to inform you sir, but there are in fact, no skins for Windows 7. It's a slight mod of Aero, and a **** poor one at that.

Lord above, I'll never understand why people flock to ugly themes just because some billion dollar company designs them for an alpha product.

Although yes, it is just a mod of Aero, it is a quite good one. I don't understand what you feel is ugly about it.

What I don't understand is why artists insist on placing non-functional GUI components in their skins just to look more like the original. I wouldn't even consider using this skin simply due to the fact that there is a "show desktop" button to the right that does absolutely nothing.

Yeah guys sorry about that and also for the work of others i don't think so because i the original resources are very few and the most of the resources are mine (i can give you the .PSD if you want). :)

Also about the donation i did it only for the work i did with this style (and it was a lot). ;)

Btw the style has been updated. :)

Edited by DJ Gx

I think your Windows 7 visual style is the best out there. However, even though you may have created most of your theme from scratch, you are still taking concepts from the Windows 7 theme and therefore, cannot sell the work or claim any copyright to the work as your own. Back in the day, I used to port over OSX themes to Windows XP. When porting over themes, I would recreate all of the resources from scratch. However, I still had to get the original artists' permission to release the theme. All credits went back to him/her.