Anticipation on June 26...Is Neowin News predicting correctly?

lol

This site is hosted for Microsoft by arvato digital services.

? 2009 This site is maintained by or for one of the following Microsoft Corporation affiliates: Microsoft Licensing, GP, Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited, or Microsoft (China) Co. Limited, and the applicable entity is referred to as “Microsoft” throughout this site

Probably just announcement of upgrade program for software or anytime upgrade.

Of course we predict things correctly. How dare you doubt our supreme foresight? :shiftyninja:

wo!!wo!!wo!!wo!! :o

Wait until June 26, if win7 did RTM, then you'd get my salute.

Good find (Y)

Actually the credit goes to segobi in 7F, but I guess the poor guy got hypnotized by that avatar and sort of acted slow lol. :laugh:

Well duh....

The fact it say "upgradeoption" in the url gives it away.

Most likely pricing and upgrade information. Which should be pretty obvious.

Site registered to "Microsoft Licensing GP" in Reno, NV? Hosted on a German server belonging to Bertelsmann Media. Maybe this is for their European customers? Or they are outsourcing marketing? It just seems strange that a site for Microsoft's flagship product would be handled outside of Redmond and the main MSFT infrastructure.

Edit: seems the site has changed since I saw it this morning; so the bottom says that it's maintained on behalf of MSFT by Microsoft Licensing GP, and MLGP's website seems to suggest that they cater to special groups, like OEMs and not to the general retail market...

Wasn't this talked about a few months ago, where machines purchased after June 26th would be allowed to upgrade to the corresponding Windows 7 edition?

Vista Home Premium -> Windows Seven Home Premium, etc.

I went to the site and it says this for me:

Thank you for your interest. Please return to this site on June 26, 2009.

Seems that they are predicting correctly.

This is nothing people. Microsoft renamed "Windows 7 Technical Guarantee Program" to "Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program"

All it will list is the information for that program which is offering free upgrades to Windows 7 for users who buy Vista after June 26th. Of course they aren't going to update the page until then, or new PC sells would stall before that date.

Read all about it here:

http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?ar...pgno=0#overview

Of course we all know about the upgrade thing, and who cares the f about that??

We are concerned about the other Neowin prediction: win7 will RTM on June 26.

Cross my fingers lol. :hmmm:

FaiKee, where is that image from? WZOR has not updated anything on the website yet. Just curoius.

FaiKee, where is that image from? WZOR has not updated anything on the website yet. Just curoius.

I was just too bored for no-action lol. Sorry if that misled you. :sleep:

I was just too bored for no-action lol. Sorry if that misled you. :sleep:

Haha ;) I took one look at the picture after I posted and realized that. Just a tad on edge, that is all.

winfuture.de, apart from reporting the "showstopper bug" that delays the RTM, is still holding their place for the June 29 prediction. And....there is a rumor(repeat: rumor), that 7265 has been rebranded RTM gold code....so Neowin could still be a winner. ...... :rolleyes:

scr_26.jpg