GNU / Linux September 2009 Desktops

There is no hardware acceleration for XBMC yet, the developers are just starting to code for it.

Its does now, this little 1.6ghz Intel Atom can play 1080p video perfectly! :)

Jazz Jackrabbit! That was my most favourite game ever!

Same here :D

My newbie Ubuntu (jaunty) desk for Sept. Lots of screenlets.

post-289316-1252149422_thumb.jpg

post-289316-1252149486_thumb.jpg

Holy hell! Now that's a nice setup! Love the wallpaper, layout, everything!

Clean:

screenshotclean.jpg

Dirty:

screenshotdirty.jpg

Arch Linux x64

Minimal Gnome (modular)

No desktop effects or bloated plastic windows (my windows appear instantly as if by magic!)

PM for Wallpaper (only have it in 1360x768, had it so long forgot where source is)

Pretty boring, but maybe worthy of a post because of Dockbarx which adds a Windows 7'esque taskbar applet and lets users be rid of the ugly and hard to theme default Gnome window list. I've not bothered skinning it because it works great as is, but it is very customisable and stable on my box. It's in the AUR for for Arch users.

Holy hell! Now that's a nice setup! Love the wallpaper, layout, everything!

Thanks!

here's the info.

Theme - Unity

Emerald - Oxygen Air 1.0

WP - 200723081211-3797.jpg

Icons - blendedcrystal-2.2

Screenlets

WaterMark =28

FolderView =1

MainMenu =1

Windowlist =1

Clean:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9854/screenshotclean.png

Dirty:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5606/screenshotdirty.png

Arch Linux x64

Minimal Gnome (modular)

No desktop effects or bloated plastic windows (my windows appear instantly as if by magic!)

PM for Wallpaper (only have it in 1360x768, had it so long forgot where source is)

Pretty boring, but maybe worthy of a post because of Dockbarx which adds a Windows 7'esque taskbar applet and lets users be rid of the ugly and hard to theme default Gnome window list. I've not bothered skinning it because it works great as is, but it is very customisable and stable on my box. It's in the AUR for for Arch users.

It looks really great + thanks for that applet, might give it a shot.

I knew I had seen those screenshots before today... Arch Linux forums ;)

It's quite a radical difference, KDE vs awesome, don't you think? I'm currently using gnome, but I'm very interested in awesome. I'm hearing it is supposed to be blazingly fast. Also, certain gnome tools have been giving me troubles lately (especially gnome-power-manager), so I'm more than happy to possibly dump them in favour of a bunch of acpi related scripts.

Got my new monster machine and decided to do something not as dark this time. Just started yesterday... work in progress...

Great Theme, can you offer details on where you got it or how you created it, also what distro are you using?

Sorry for the late responses. I changed my wallpaper since then and no longer have it on this machine... but I am positive I have it at work on a flash drive. I can upload it on Monday. I had quite the time finding it online.

Great Theme, can you offer details on where you got it or how you created it, also what distro are you using?

I'm using Ubuntu. The icon theme is called Minty. The dock at the bottom right is AWN with transparency alterations. I went into gconf-editor and made it so that AWN aligned right instead of center. Conky is displayed on the left with a very minimalistic config. My theme has since changed too and I was trying to find it for you with no luck. I've usually used lassekongo83's themes but don't see the one I had in there. I'm sure for that particular one I used Emerald.

I wouldn't put a pic of sewer pipes on my desktop...

and PC Linux OS really needs to switch to Kde 4.3.

Maybe this will be more to your standards.. :)

PCLinuxOS Minime 2009.1 KDE4 W/plasma widgets

Wall by YC

kde4sm.png

My newbie Ubuntu (jaunty) desk for Sept. Lots of screenlets.

Howdy, how did you get the Gnome Version number to display. I tried:

${gnome}

But it didn't work, I mean:

${kernel}

Works fine. I'm confused :(

Howdy, how did you get the Gnome Version number to display. I tried:

${gnome}

But it didn't work, I mean:

${kernel}

Works fine. I'm confused :(

Right click the system Information screenlet/select properties/options/system information/Distribution name and version and put a tick in the box.

post-289316-1253024539_thumb.jpg

I use conky - I'm guessing that WaterMark is a separate app, one shall look into it.

I'm using Watermark. It's a 3rd party extension to screenlets. configuring conky to suit my needs is beyond my ability. My CRS is getting worse every day. :)