'Genderless' Child Ignites Firestorm in Canada

carmatic

I fail to see how this is going to screw up the child later on in life...

I sure the hell don't remember my infancy.

they would only screw the life of the kid up later in life, if they keep up the you-have-no-gender thing especially if the child doesnt like it that way

but i think the main issue is that they are sort of using their baby to make a statement, and when the child grows up and learns of this, i doubt that the child will be very happy about it...

the parents when they were kids...

it looks like you need to know the difference between a 'goth' and a 'non conformist' ... by being 'goth' a person is already conforming to something

in fact, i have seen an article which says something to the effect of 'you dont conform to goth, goth conforms to you' or something like that... basically things like those goth characters and the potrayals of some of the posts in this thread are just more of those stereotypes which serve no purpose but to worsen the relationships between people ...

rajputwarrior

it looks like you need to know the difference between a 'goth' and a 'non conformist' ... by being 'goth' a person is already conforming to something

in fact, i have seen an article which says something to the effect of 'you dont conform to goth, goth conforms to you' or something like that... basically things like those goth characters are another one of those stereotypes which serve no purpose but to worsen the relationships between people ...

clearly you've never watched any south park episodes with these 4 were all they do is insult everyone else for being "conformists"...

c.grz

<sarcasm>They're just commies!!!</sarcasm>

Dotdot

Great so this kids gonna grow up without clear definition of its gender. Thats got to lead to some problems later. Children kinda rely on having a clear definition of the world and themselves as they grow up, its cruel and twisted not to.

But yeh way to impose a life of exclusion and hate upon your child. Total idiocy and tbh Im suprised child services havent looked into this. Medical experts would back me on the clear definition/routine stuff.

If a kid without routine = Broken adult, then wtf is this gonna result in. Stop denying your child the chance to a normal happy life, instead of subjecting them to one of nonsense and cloak n dagger sexuality.

carmatic

clearly you've never watched any south park episodes with these 4 were all they do is insult everyone else for being "conformists"...

yeah, thats the point of south park, everything in it is a stereotype ... the point being that the things you see in south park arent supposed to happen in real life

rajputwarrior

yeah, thats the point of south park, everything in it is a stereotype ... the point being that the things you see in south park arent supposed to happen in real life

like mommy and daddy giving the kid a barbie doll and a toy truck and get him to decide what he wants more. then showing up to school at the age of 5/6 and gets bullied to the point where he never wants to go to school again? you don't want to conform? fine, that's great, if you are an adult. you want your kid to go through hell, be depressed and in the extreme commit suicide due to bullying or pull a columbine? keep doing what these ass hats are doing.

carmatic

Great so this kids gonna grow up without clear definition of its gender. Thats got to lead to some problems later. Children kinda rely on having a clear definition of the world and themselves as they grow up, its cruel and twisted not to.

But yeh way to impose a life of exclusion and hate upon your child. Total idiocy and tbh Im suprised child services havent looked into this. Medical experts would back me on the clear definition/routine stuff.

hell i had a 'clear definition' of my gender as a child, and i did not like it.... everyone else sure did assume that i did, tho, despite my constantly escalating protests which lead me to being put in the roughest class in school, where the grades are the worst and we are left out of most of the facilities in our school

which, by the way, was entirely filled with boys, another instance of that 'clear definiton' i guess?

Dotdot

Worst case the kids gonna end up some sort of Sexual deviant... especially if they carey it on through childhood/teen years.

Dont want to generalise but look at the amount of cases where some sort of sexual abnormality from parents has led to folk with unhealthy sexual preferances.

Arkaic

kill parents with fire!

Way to screw up a growing person. Gender is not a bloody choice!

yea, mature.

not only the parents are idiots and named their kids ridiculous names, the kids are gonna have problems later in their lives.

sigh, the world is full of retards.

and people will never have problems? That's as stupid as their hippy bull****.

702343650.jpg

the parents when they were kids...

:laugh:

carmatic

then showing up to school at the age of 5/6 and gets bullied to the point where he never wants to go to school again?

bullied? because of a barbie doll or toy truck the kid had many years ago? this here is getting into the realm of psychology or some other form of human studies which i am pretty confident that almost nobody in this forum is an authority of....

like, we could speculate that the kid might have been raised in such a way as to have an influence on others which prevents bullying, or that if bullying does happen, the kid is more likely to openly talk about it and so the parents and the school can agree on a suitable outcome that doesnt involve the kid never wanting to go to school ... or something

krasch

hippy crap like this you think this story would come out of BC... stupid ****ing parents.

Yes, at least in BC one could explain it by the statistically higher recreational drug use.

Mind you, Toronto is still kind of a hippie-friendly place compared to most other communities east of BC. Now if this were in Sudbury or Barrie, I'd be truly shocked.

rajputwarrior

bullied? because of a barbie doll or toy truck the kid had many years ago? this here is getting into the realm of psychology or some other form of human studies which i am pretty confident that almost nobody in this forum is an authority of....

like, we could speculate that the kid might have been raised in such a way as to have an influence on others which prevents bullying, or that if bullying does happen, the kid is more likely to openly talk about it and so the parents and the school can agree on a suitable outcome that doesnt involve the kid never wanting to go to school ... or something

whatever rock you live under seems to be working great for you. boy comes in playing with a barbie doll. you don't think any of the boys are gonna make fun of him for it? and then what, he runs to his parents and they lightly discipline a 5/6 year old with an hour detention or some crap and he goes on and does it again, but does it even more and worse now and threatens the kif if he does it again he'll get beat up. now the kid is scared and confused because he doesn't want to get hurt but at the same time he wants to play with his barbie doll. is it right? hell no! is this the reality? abosulutely.

i know about bullying, as i was bullied for being brown in a class full of white kids. i grew up in a small white town, it obviously got better as i hit high school, but little kids don't know any better.

these dumb parents are going to realize the stupidity of their decision and it's the kids who are gonna pay for it. conforming or not, suriving is more important, and being a completely offshoot of the norm in elementary, middle or high schools is gonna get you eaten alive. that's sweet that they think not eveyone should be the same or judged by their gender but by their inner being, that's great. good for them, adults understand that. kids dont.

Dotdot

hell i had a 'clear definition' of my gender as a child, and i did not like it.... everyone else sure did assume that i did, tho, despite my constantly escalating protests which lead me to being put in the roughest class in school, where the grades are the worst and we are left out of most of the facilities in our school

which, by the way, was entirely filled with boys, another instance of that 'clear definiton' i guess?

Thanks just proved my point. You had clear definition. Just because you werent comfortable with it doesnt mean it wasnt there. My point is that kids look to there folks to set the standard, say this is right or thats wrong, ur male or female.

True later in life things come out, other influences start to apply etc but Ive not been aware of the massess of gay people or even tom boys that didnt atleast get that definition from there folks.

If the kid "wants" to be genderless then live and let live its fine by me, but being so irresponsible as to impose it upon them. No.

I get that having the wrong definition imposed upon you may well be just as bad, but I cant help but feel that to be given a choice through out childhood can only serve to mess the kid up a bit.

What happens if its a girl till age 5, then a boy 5-10, before sucumbing to peer pressure age 15 and boom female again. At what point is the definitive point made and for what reasons? Puberty or just preferance?

They say choice is good, but not when its a child choosing before they even know themselves.

AnotherITguy

This child may very well turn out to have some fooked up future thanks to these hippies

Lexcyn

Judging by some of these comments a few of you need to ensure you will never have children. :no:

torrentthief

hehe, that sure is weird. I thought it was going to be a radiated baby that was born with no genatalia not a weird family rufusing to tell people their baby's identity.

Davo
Friends said they were imposing their political and ideological values on a newborn.

The irony of this statement is amusing. I love that people go absolutely apesh*t over restrictions being lifted that don't need to be there.

As it is, the lack of gender is not bothering the child like everyone suggests since it won't have any strong memories until it's atleast a toddler, and even then it won't know of gender ideals. Instead, it's bothering everyone else who has a problem.

To further illustrate the hypocrisy, the parents aren't saying the child can't have a gender, they just aren't releasing it. Meanwhile, opponents are saying it must have one despite it not being their child.

I was raised like a boy with GI Joe, TNMT, jean shorts, wrestling etc. but I was constantly asked if I was gay because I preferred drawing instead of sports. Those sort of judgments are based solely on gender restrictions. *That* is harmful.

rajputwarrior

Yes, at least in BC one could explain it by the statistically higher recreational drug use.

hey! we just smoke weed ;)

acnpt

Computer says no.

Kreuger
poor Storm, Jazz and Kio...stuck with ridiculous names by "hipster" parents...obviously their is a hermaphrodite situation going on
I know a girl who named her daughter Hunny after some stupid movie. Really? Are you that effing retarded? I hate people who use words, adjectives and nouns as names. Faith, Hope, Candy, Duck Duck Goose. Give me a freaking break.

Anyway, On topic; these parents are idiots.

Ji@nBing

IMO that's child abuse. They should have their kids taken away. Absolutely disgusting.

+deinabog

These parents are beyond stupid. Gender is not a social constrruct; there are real, measurable differences between men and women. Anyone who ignores basic biology or attempts to subvert it with socialization is asking for, and deserving of, a world of trouble.

Solid Knight

This is entirely pointless. As the kid gets older the gender will become apparent and the kid will fall in line.

+LogicalApex

The irony of this statement is amusing. I love that people go absolutely apesh*t over restrictions being lifted that don't need to be there.

As it is, the lack of gender is not bothering the child like everyone suggests since it won't have any strong memories until it's atleast a toddler, and even then it won't know of gender ideals. Instead, it's bothering everyone else who has a problem.

To further illustrate the hypocrisy, the parents aren't saying the child can't have a gender, they just aren't releasing it. Meanwhile, opponents are saying it must have one despite it not being their child.

I was raised like a boy with GI Joe, TNMT, jean shorts, wrestling etc. but I was constantly asked if I was gay because I preferred drawing instead of sports. Those sort of judgments are based solely on gender restrictions. *That* is harmful.

Finally a reasoned post!

+1

Xerax

When i read the title, i thought it was going to be about Bieber.