Got my notice of shipment yesterday! Can't wait :D

Stupid question but I haven't joined a club before; how do I get in on that?

Anyone seen the publicity stunt they're doing over here? :)

Forza 4 live at erm... Westfield

An unusual stunt to publicise Microsoft's racer

There's just three days to go until the release of Forza Motorsport 4 and with the gaming season really starting to heat up, Microsoft has decided on a rather unusual strategy to publicise the game.

'What precisely' we hear you enquire. Simply head on over to Forzawestfield.co.uk , where you can watch a live stream of MS mechanics building a Tornado GT40 at the Westfield shopping centre.

screenshot_268140_thumb_wide620.jpg

There's an interesting prize up for grabs too, which you can win by voting on which custom parts the GT40 eventually ends up sporting; today it's vents, tomorrow it's tyres and on Friday it's graphics.

What's more significant though is that the grand prize is the rebuilt Tornado TS40 itself - imagine how that would look parked on the old driveway.

They're on day 3 at the moment, which is the vents. Day 1 was shock absorbers (it was 68%/32% in favour of the fast road ones over the racing ones), day 2 was the brakes (53%/47% for the racing ones over the fast road ones). Day 4 will be the wheels (both Halibrand style wheels, with a choice of either 15" for the classic GT40 look, or 17" which will allow them to put on better tyres that give more grip and less sidewall deformation under cornering), and day 5 will be the graphics (simple choice here; it's stripes and the Forza logo either way, just a choice of having them in either white or black). :)

Here is a my 05' Mustang, more to come :)

6235846433_3a513eb478_z.jpg

This is one of the "Big Shots" which weigh in at almost 24mb ;) This is just scaled for the forum and flicker :)

Picked this up last night and played for a few hours. The game is awesome. I very quickly got bored with Forza 3, but in this one they're throwing new cars at you all the time, you can quickly get free upgrades from your favorite brands, and while the Season / Career mode is still not the most interesting driving experience, the Rivals mode is incredibly fun, and the "Quick Run", which is now basically Autovista, is a really cool way of highlighting some of the best cars in the game.

Also cool, the mixed classes races, the Rivals challenges with traffic, and the increased "bumpiness" of the tracks. They feel much more realistic at speed.

The bad? The rear-view mirror is 30fps and really sticks out.

I should get mine today! Will only have a precious little time to play it before I have to leave the country for two weeks on business. First time I've ever travelled that I'll be positively lusting to get back home so I can get on Xbox :laugh:

Damn it! My local shop had copys in and on the day I decide to leave my wallet at home. Going to have to phone them tomorrow and ask if they have a CE F4 in stock I can steal off them before release on Friday.

Any tips in demo playing on hard but cant seem to get past 2nd place. Quickly learnt just how little braking you need on this track, but damn Cpu is doing a helluva good job blocking me.

My Ghostbusters wagon.

Hope I can import old vinyls or its back to stage 1, either way will no doubt get a few nice cars done soon :)

Forza 3 but will post some stuff when I can from F4

post-29122-0-99819300-1318437798.jpg

post-29122-0-00789000-1318437875.jpg

I threw a bid in for a copy on eBay. I was going to go for the limited edition, but it's a little too much for my taste after the experience I had with the Forza 3 limited edition. I was stupid enough to buy it and then Turn 10 responded by selling the VIP cars to everyone for 800 Microsoft Points. I'm assuming the same will happen again, and even if it does not, I'm not too bothered by the cars included. I'm hoping to get the game for £30 or so, but I'll need to be very lucky to do that. I'll keep my fingers crossed I win the auction but I can't see myself getting too lucky.

Ok, I didn't see it anywhere so I made a Neowin car club. The tag is neow if anyone is interested in joining

Ok, I didn't see it anywhere so I made a Neowin car club. The tag is neow if anyone is interested in joining

I will when I get home tonight, I made my own just for the achievement :p

I totally missed it but DigitalE made a Neowin club: NWN. He'll probably have more time than I will so I'll close my club.

Any tips in demo playing on hard but cant seem to get past 2nd place. Quickly learnt just how little braking you need on this track, but damn Cpu is doing a helluva good job blocking me.

Have you tried disabling everything? IE, Steering: Simulated (I think it is), traction control off, stability off, assited lines off & abs off? Run manual (with clutch, if your a super god)

I'm not claming to be uber, but it's how I drive in Forza and find it great fun knowing if I go wrong it's me doing it.

I usually find some extra speed running in manual because I change it where I want to and usually go above the red line until I just about hit the limiter :p

Also remember, whilst we love to finish first, sometimes it's just not possible as the car winning is most likely to be of a much better spec, so winning isn't always possible.

The other thing to do is just to hit them of course :p

My LCE was delivered by the postman 30 mins ago; a day early and I'm so bloody glad I'm not at work today :laugh: (Y) :happy: http://cl.ly/Au5f

I'm quite annoyed there isn't a "Hate" button. Lucky!!!!!

I'm quite annoyed there isn't a "Hate" button. Lucky!!!!!

I'm sure you'll get yours soon enough :D (Y)

Imported my Forza 3 profile and got a nice bunch of cars gifted plus 60,000 credits. Had two races and now been throwing my beloved E39 M5 around the Top Gear track, the sound of its' roaring V8 makes me weak at the knees :laugh:

post-4583-0-51398700-1318499221.png

post-4583-0-88687400-1318499238.png

So much automotive bliss, I love you Turn 10 :wub:

Hehe, well mine said it has been shiped a few days ago, did you get yours from Game by any chance? That's where mines coming from.

On the Top Gear track, can it only be used for timed laps, and no races? Just thinking races would be interesting as it's a figure of 8

Yup, got mine from GAME; ordered it on Tuesday.

Not sure about the Top Gear track being in career mode (don't see why not?); I've been using it for hot laps with various cars :D