Unfortunately, your options are to wait and hope they release it as a DLC, or try and find someone who pre-ordered from Amazon who doesn't want it.

I got my pre-order DLC code for the Subaru Impreza WRX STI from GAME today via e-mail (Y)

GRRRR... lol. So jealous. lol.

GRRRR... lol. So jealous. lol.

It's slower than the 05 STI if it makes you feel better. :laugh:

I'm sure they'll release it eventually. That and the 1M are pretty popular new cars.

It's slower than the 05 STI if it makes you feel better. :laugh:

I'm sure they'll release it eventually. That and the 1M are pretty popular new cars.

Don't really care if it's slow or not. lol. I drift it, I don't race. lol.

Getting a bit frustrated at how many cars have terrible understeer

Street cars? Most street cars do have terrible understeer unless you mess with their suspensions. In general, mass-manufactured cars are designed to reel themselves in should the driver go into a corner hot. On the opposite side of the coin, lots of race cars have so much downforce that they seem to plod through corners unless they're going fast.

Modified though, you shouldn't have much trouble getting them to rotate on throttle. Also, this game seems to have improved its weigh transfer physics over Forza 3, so slamming on the brakes and cutting the wheel does a good job of getting those econo-boxes to turn in better.

Well I just completed all the AutoVista challenges and the faster street cars had terrible understeer. Never thought to amend their setups - not sure I got a chance too, tbh.

Trying to get the achievement for fully exploring a car in autovista and it's not giving me the cheevo - even though I'm positive I've explored the whole thing!

with stability off the cars seem to act as if they are skating in a number of situations...doesn't look natural

I know what you mean - sometimes it seems like the cars have all-wheel steering as the car is at an angle but is travelling straight...

Is anyone playing the game with the official MS Wireless Racing Wheel? If so, how is it?

I am a little sketched out on using the wheel, mine was part of the recall were supposedly the power supply brick could potentially heat up and catch on fire.

I called MS to get a replacement, twice actually, but for some reason even though they said I would, I never got the replacement power supply.

I have used it here and there since then, but it does worry me a tad it could catch fire, but I am wondering if the game really is a much different, better experience, with the wheel?

I've read a few reviews for it, DL.

A few things stood out:

1. No shoulder buttons at all on the wheel. Could be crucial for certain games

2. Not fixed wheel so you're likely to get shoulder/neck strain from holding it out in front of you.

3. The sensitivity is very hard to zero in.

I just can't bring myself to fork out for it considering I use this setup for my pc:

643a038f.jpg

Is anyone playing the game with the official MS Wireless Racing Wheel? If so, how is it?

I am a little sketched out on using the wheel, mine was part of the recall were supposedly the power supply brick could potentially heat up and catch on fire.

I called MS to get a replacement, twice actually, but for some reason even though they said I would, I never got the replacement power supply.

I have used it here and there since then, but it does worry me a tad it could catch fire, but I am wondering if the game really is a much different, better experience, with the wheel?

I used mine in the demo and I loved it :)

I've read a few reviews for it, DL.

A few things stood out:

1. No shoulder buttons at all on the wheel. Could be crucial for certain games

2. Not fixed wheel so you're likely to get shoulder/neck strain from holding it out in front of you.

3. The sensitivity is very hard to zero in.

He's talking about the old MS wireles racing wheel, which is a fixed wheel. with pedals.

Got myself a used Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel off ebay for EUR200 which feels really amazing, still no good without the game though which is still on it's way from Game UK.. :(

Will join the Neowin club when I've finally received it here in Berlin..

I rented the game seeing as I don't have enough cash to buy the game from a local store. I can say that I'm in love though, and that I have every intention to buy the game as soon as possible. Another fantastic racer from Turn 10. I requested to join the Neowin car club, but I can understand if there are a limited number of spots.

Interestingly though, I tried to upload a 'Big Shot' (8.3 Megapixels!) to ForzaMotorsport.net, and it reported that it could not upload. The interesting part is that it refers to the connection as a 'connexion'. Is that an actual term, because I've never seen it before. I'm still trying to upload my large photo of the E39 M5. If I get it up, I'll stick it in the thread. Massive photos of beautiful cars are something I definitely want to see more, so I'm also keeping the thread for images bookmarked.

Yeah forget I even asked about which was better. It is the wheel hands down no questions asked. :punk:

10 times better easily. It really does immerse you into the game so much more, and it is so damn responsive. Especially in the beginner car, I was literally skidding around corners and the wheel has resistance, force feedback, etc.. It is just such a kick ass experience.

I think I may wind up loving this game. :laugh:

Let me explain why I put the laugh just now. I was never a fan of racing sims until I got into GT5 on the PS3. I tried all of the Forza's prior to that, and I just never "got them." I was always all over the track, could not get the feel for driving, and would get incredibly frustrated. I come from a Need For Speed background with racing games. But for whatever reason I finally got it with GT5, and realized one just really has to actually drive. I also did have a Logitech Racing Wheel for it, so I think that was one of the main reasons for finally getting a feel for it all.

The big thing is though I am not a car guy at all. I have no clue what the tuning really does and never really cared to learn, and still do not really. So I may be asking for some assistance there. :p Honestly it is usually that aspect of racing sims that makes me wind up not liking the genre. I liked GT5 as it was really simple, just more or less max the car out. I never did the fine tuning or any of that. So hopefully Forza has a similarly easy system. If I have to be adjusting tire pressure and the suspension just to win a race, the game will lose me.

So it looks like this will be my official introduction to the Forza series. Hopefully it is noob friendly.

But so far, and I literally have only done the first two opening races so things can change dramatically, but so far I am really enjoying it. (Y)

As for the tuning I have not had to tune a car yet as far as tire pressure and such, if you want to get into Drag racing and drift you will need to. Right now I am mainly using the quick upgrade system and it works out pretty good. I think you will be fine ;)

As for the tuning I have not had to tune a car yet as far as tire pressure and such, if you want to get into Drag racing and drift you will need to. Right now I am mainly using the quick upgrade system and it works out pretty good. I think you will be fine ;)

speaking of drifting, want to join me sometime? :) in F4 that is.Mind you I don't drift for points either. It's all about tandem.

Nice!! So you do not have to do the drag or drift if you do not want to? Because you just reminded me, drift is what killed Forza 2 for me. :laugh: That is one thing I definitely have never, ever, ever "got." So glad to hear it. Definitely. I did see the Quick Tune thing, but when I tried it out it already said my car was maximized for the E class.

Just got through Amateur. The whole Top Gear track with the bowling pins, super fun. I rented it through Gamefly and am already close to deciding on keeping it. Hope my wife gets over the fact a racing wheel is going to be in our TV room for awhile. :shiftyninja:

Oh since I did rent it I do not have the manual, and I just do not know from previously playing it, so what do those 4 turn squares towards the top left of the screen mean? Is it if you get all 4 solid, you did the turn properly? And 1 solid square is the worst possible turn? Or is it the other way around? Or is it just an indication of what kind of turn you are facing? I honestly have yet to figure it out. :blush:

Another question... How do you apply designs that you have purchased through the community? I purchased a couple of the free decal sets just to mess around, and I could not figure out for the life of me how to apply them?

I also applied for both Neowin groups I saw although I highly doubt I will be going online ever, so not sure what being part of the group actually means, but I went ahead and did it anyway. (Y)

Another question... How do you apply designs that you have purchased through the community? I purchased a couple of the free decal sets just to mess around, and I could not figure out for the life of me how to apply them?

I also applied for both Neowin groups I saw although I highly doubt I will be going online ever, so not sure what being part of the group actually means, but I went ahead and did it anyway. (Y)

go to Carer -> Paint-> Add Decals. Then go to add your decals (choose your side of car) then press A, Then select load layer group and choose which decal you want. I'm not sure for design wise though.

Well I just completed all the AutoVista challenges and the faster street cars had terrible understeer. Never thought to amend their setups - not sure I got a chance too, tbh.

Trying to get the achievement for fully exploring a car in autovista and it's not giving me the cheevo - even though I'm positive I've explored the whole thing!

Did you... start it?

@DirtyLarry: usually you don't need to tune, it may help you a bit, I don't know anything about cars but have done some simple tuning for better or worse in the previous games, but you can also have your neowin friends send you tuning setups for the cars :)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh since I did rent it I do not have the manual, and I just do not know from previously playing it, so what do those 4 turn squares towards the top left of the screen mean? Is it if you get all 4 solid, you did the turn properly? And 1 solid square is the worst possible turn? Or is it the other way around? Or is it just an indication of what kind of turn you are facing? I honestly have yet to figure it out. :blush:

4 bars = perfect

You see them for turns, passing, drifting and drag (slipstream) afaik

Did you... start it?

Yup - started it...I've literally explored everything but I'm clearly missing something :/