Yup! I'll give it another go later. I've tried it on a few different cars including the Halo Warthog

It that actually in the game?

Dunno if it's drivable but you can explore it in autovista.

Cool! (Y) I so need this game now....hate being broke :pinch: :laugh:

What do those 4 turn squares towards the top left of the screen mean? Is it if you get all 4 solid, you did the turn properly? And 1 solid square is the worst possible turn? Or is it the other way around? Or is it just an indication of what kind of turn you are facing? I honestly have yet to figure it out. :blush:

It took me a while to work out as well, since it seemed to receive no explanation whatsoever. When all four of the blocks are solid white then you've done something perfectly. With cornering, that means you've hit the apex at an optimal speed for leaving the corner again. With slipstreaming or drafting, it means you've been able to stick behind someone for ages and make the most of their presence in front of you. With passing, it means you've passed someone with as small a gap as possible and also without making contact. They're a bit like the 'Accolades' in Modern Warfare 2, in that they seem to do nothing. The difference is that they can unlock new titles for your card in game.

It isn't. It's just a hidden AutoVista easter egg, according to Turn 10's Dan Greenawalt. I'm sure it would have pleased a lot of people if it had been driveable, but according to Turn 10 themselves getting realistic handling information for a vehicle which does not exist and is radically different to the road-going vehicles in game is too difficult to attempt.

it's not drivable, but it's in autovista. Btw, did you guys find Clarkson's 'review/rant' of it? I can't find it. I found the Cortana review of it.

Got my LCE and been playing the game for the last few days. Gutted tho as due to some dirty wee so and so hacking my account and buying up £50 of points Ive had my account suspended and locked. Takes up to 3 weeks for the investigation so sitting here with my codes for the vip content and lce extras and unable to sign in to use them ><

Still great game. The new tracks are fantastic and the improvements to the old ones is jaw dropping, just as shame a few havent made it into the final cut. But hope we get the dlc trackwise. Car packs are great, but they need more love for tracks.

The free cars etc for a Forza 3 lvl50 save is pretty nice, as is the extra one for having a Forza 3 LCE. Shame nothing for a F3 Ultimate Edition save :(

@DirtyLarry: usually you don't need to tune, it may help you a bit, I don't know anything about cars but have done some simple tuning for better or worse in the previous games, but you can also have your neowin friends send you tuning setups for the cars :)

Nice, that will help a lot. (Y)

I went into the tuning last night, and they have a hell of a lot more options than GT5, so it was a little overwhelming for a person like me. I did use the Auto one to upgrade my Mazda from a Class E to D I believe it was.

I am now onto the 3rd part of the World Tour, forget what it was as it was late, but so far I only have one 2nd place, the rest were all 1st place finishes (I did restart 2 races to get 1st as well). So I am still loving it as the learning curve is perfect so far.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

4 bars = perfect

You see them for turns, passing, drifting and drag (slipstream) afaik

Yup - started it...I've literally explored everything but I'm clearly missing something :/

It took me a while to work out as well, since it seemed to receive no explanation whatsoever. When all four of the blocks are solid white then you've done something perfectly. With cornering, that means you've hit the apex at an optimal speed for leaving the corner again. With slipstreaming or drafting, it means you've been able to stick behind someone for ages and make the most of their presence in front of you. With passing, it means you've passed someone with as small a gap as possible and also without making contact. They're a bit like the 'Accolades' in Modern Warfare 2, in that they seem to do nothing. The difference is that they can unlock new titles for your card in game.

Thanks for the further explanation. (Y)

Needless to say, I have not seen that many 4 square turns. :laugh:

I am getting there though.

And I have to say, the rewind feature is perfect for someone like me. I have not used it all that much, but I definitely have used it. Has given me the opportunity to correct some bad decisions for sure.

Needless to say, I have not seen that many 4 square turns. :laugh:

I am getting there though.

And I have to say, the rewind feature is perfect for someone like me. I have not used it all that much, but I definitely have used it. Has given me the opportunity to correct some bad decisions for sure.

If you're trying to get some high-graded turns, enable the Racing Line. If you run along that line you'll get them, or so I've heard. Getting enough turns with a four square rating will unlock some emblems and titles for your Playercard (which is something I really like having in Forza). The Rewind feature is great to have if you cause a massive crash or if you are rammed off the track by the AI. I've noticed the game seems to disable it during the final few corners of the last lap though. Maybe I'm unlucky, or maybe the game is trying to get you to push harder or something. I'm not really sure, but Rewind is incredibly helpful.

Having real difficulty connecting to the Forz storefront this evening

Whew, so it's not just me? I was trying, and failing, to access my Messages since apparently someone else shared a car with the Neowin Racers club. Edit: and that somebody was you! :p

How do I join the ca club. I go to the my car club and join car club section. And it says enter club tag and A to select, but I can't hit anything...

Got the game yesterday, and absolutely love it. I am really liking the new way they've done the racing seasons different from Forza 3, how you can explorer various cars with Autovista, the amazing lighting and graphics, and yeah, pretty much every damn thing about the game. It's very close to a 10/10 in my opinion.

How do I join the ca club. I go to the my car club and join car club section. And it says enter club tag and A to select, but I can't hit anything...

I had NoLimit06 on my friends list already, so it was just a case of seeing him in the list, clicking his name and requesting to join his club. He's in the Neowin Racers club, though, and apparently there are two Neowin clubs for whatever reason. The servers for the game don't seem to want to run smoothly tonight as more people come online and play.

Thanks again for the invite ;) Haven't had time to play the past few days but I am off on Monday and plan to be glued to the TV :p

Wait.. We have two Neowin clubs now?

Yeah, we need to sort this out. I started one because I didn't see you had started one. A couple people joined mine. I have 3 members. I'd rather keep it all under one roof, so to speak. So let's decide right now to consolidate to one. I'll be honest, between work and family I haven't had the time I wished to play so I wouldn't be able to spend a lot of time online, etc. There would be no opposition from me to close mine and have the three people move over to DigitalE's. Then we need to make sure the one club gets promoted on here so people know which one to join.

Well digital's club has 9 or so now

As long as the leader of the club is willin to stay the line and keep it alive down the road and don't just think its a col think to do right now for a few weeks. And whenever he does runout of the and will, give off the leadership.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

I thought I'd do a handbrake turn across the line which looked brilliant...until the AI took control of the car which led to my car being hit by 4 other cars to roll, flip and bounce down the pit lane straight.

Cost me loads of credits :x