Jeff Bridges Officially Cast in R.I.P.D.

185805915.jpg

Last month it was reported that Jeff Bridges was in talks to join Ryan Reynolds in the Robert Schwentke-directed supernatural comedy R.I.P.D. Today it's being reported that the deal has been sealed, and he will be play a police officer in the Rest In Peace Department. This is the same character that Zach Galifianakis was attached to play before he dropped out.

The film is based on the Peter Lenkov comic that centers on a police force comprised of undead officers. Reynolds will play Nick Cruz, a recently slain police officer who joins the force and tries to find his own murderer. Bridges will play Roy, a veteran member of the force.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/jeff-bridges-confirmed-ripd-ryan-reynolds-27712

• 2 months later...

R.I.P.D. (2013)

(Rest In Peace Department - this comic is like Ghostbusters on crack ;) )

Studio: Universal & Dark Horse comics

When: June 28, 2012

Director: Robert Schwentke (Lie to Me (TV); Red, The Time Traveler's Wife, Flightplan)

Producer: Lawrence Gordon, Neal Moritz, Mike Richardson (for Dark Horse)

Writing: Peter Lenkov (Dark Horse comics), Phil Ha, Matt Manfredi

Synopsis: A recently slain cop joins a team of undead police officers working for the Rest in Peace Department, and tries to find the man who murdered him.

Cast-

Bo: Jeff Bridges

????: Kevin Bacon

Nick Walker: Ryan Reynolds

Procter: Jodie Foster

DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT. JEFF BRIDGES AND "RIP" anywhere in the same sentence makes me very sad.

Anyways, never heard of RIPD, but with that cast (Minus Ryan that is) how can you go wrong?

• 1 year later...