No sound coming out of projector to my amp - help! :(

I have a projector connected to HDMI to the Apple TV

On the back of the project is inputs to put audio cables in also - So I have a RED/WHITE combo going from back of projector to back of AMP

I play the projector and it works with APPLE TV via the HDMI port, however the sound is not coming out of the amp

Is it because I am connected via HDMI to the APPLE TV? So that is taking audio/video and overriding the audio cables I have going out the back of projector to amp? What to do? I'm so confused

(There is an inbuilt speaker in projector but obv. don't wanna' use that!

Have you tried removing the HDMI cable while playing something on the projector just to test to see if the audio will come through? I think it's some sort of conflict you are having with the projector and I think it is due to the HDMI or maybe you have to change the source on the amp..

When you say you have inputs for the audio cables, I'm assuming you mean it has outputs? If it says "input" around the area for the audio cables then that is where sound goes in to the projector, not how you take sound from the projector and put it in to the amp.

Also, remember that an HDMI cable covers both video and sound. There might be a conflict because of that.

When you say you have inputs for the audio cables, I'm assuming you mean it has outputs? If it says "input" around the area for the audio cables then that is where sound goes in to the projector, not how you take sound from the projector and put it in to the amp.

Also, remember that an HDMI cable covers both video and sound. There might be a conflict because of that.

If it's connected to the input connection then you have 2 inputs connected together, this will do nothing.

If it's connected to the output connection then one of 4 possibilities can occur:

1. It wil either override the HDMI by default (like mine does)

2. There is a choice of where the audio is output and you will have to configure where the audio goes in the projectors menu (like the projector at the local Cadet unit does), by changing it from HDMI to Phono

3. It will output to both at the same time, however this is rare.

4. HDMI overrides all other settings and your boned (this is common on cheap units)

If your amp has a HDMI input, it might be easier to connect the HDMI cable to the amplifier, then to the projector

If it's connected to the input connection then you have 2 inputs connected together, this will do nothing.

If it's connected to the output connection then it wil either override the HDMI by default (like mine does) or you will have to configure where the audio goes in the projectors menu (like the projector at the local Cadet unit does), by changing it from HDMI to Phono

If your amp has a HDMI input, it might be easier to connect the HDMI cable to the amplifier, then to the projector

I think that was my point, wasn't it? :)

Well yes, apart from I gave more detail, as well as a possible solution

Hehe pwned back - nice hit :)

:blink: Well now I'm very confused. But for the sake of argument I'm going to assume that means that your problem is sorted, and it was to do with attaching the wires to the input instead of the output.

• 6 years later...
  • dipsylalapo locked this topic