Lulzsec: "It's The Beginning Of The End For Sony"

If they have genuine reasons for complaint or grievances against Sony then there are plenty of perfectly legitimate ways they can take action. They could file a class action lawsuit, arrange mass-protests outside Sony HQ, write to local politicians, take their cause to consumer groups, get letters printed in newspapers/magazines, etc, etc... So why don't they? Because those perpetrating the hacking against Sony aren't doing it for any reason other than to do what they do best - cause trouble, steal data, make money.

That anyone has sympathy for these hackers astonishes me and worries me greatly. How would those who support this like it if someone who didn't like them (disgruntled work colleague, ex-girlfriend/boyfriend) stole their car? That's ok, right? They have a problem with you, so they are excused from the law.

Hacking is illegal and I hope every single one of them gets caught and jailed for so long they can't even comprehend what a computer is anymore.

This x1,000. Absolutely no excuse at all to inconvenience Sony's customers in the way they're doing. Of course they did try to arrange a mass protest at one point and failed miserably.

Shame on Sony for doing the right thing and protecting their property! :rolleyes:

This must be in the "New Hackers Cookbook".

1.) Make sure and warn your victim well in advance you're going to take them down.

n00bs. nuff said.

This must be in the "New Hackers Cookbook".

1.) Make sure and warn your victim well in advance you're going to take them down.

n00bs. nuff said.

What makes it worse is your victum just sits there after you warn them and lets you do it.

I don't care how evil Sony, Microsoft, Apple, and Nintendo (Nintendo..evil?) are; there's no reason whatsoever to support hackers. What they're doing is illegal and morally wrong. They have no right to take on some self-righteous cause to bring people harm (that's pretty much what they're doing by stealing information).

This IP address thing is ridiculous. Seriously. If you visited geohot's sites and your intention is simply to read up on news for enjoyment, then you have nothing to worry about. It's only a fricken IP address and if you're clean, there's nothing Sony can do. Now if you're not, and you do visit the sites for the purpose of participating in this hacking nonesense then you deserve whatever the law dictates.

Sony is a business, and they're out to make money. You're not required by law to buy their products; your're not held at gunpoint to give them your money. I see nothing wrong with them operating and trying to make the most buck out of subpar products....aka milking and being greedy. Soon or later, if they suck at what they do, the market will show it. If you hate Sony so much, why care?

Btw, I used to like the Playstation brand (mainly due to superb 3rd party support) but their slow networks have put me off. Oh well, not being able to play online games for a month forced me to do other things such as playing basketball!

What makes it worse is your victum just sits there after you warn them and lets you do it.

Well, have you got a choice for them, genius? Oh, I know, maybe Sony can flee? Yeah! All their servers dig a hole in the sea and go hide themselves!

Or maybe they can hire a computer wizz that will fix their network in the next 30 minutes?

Come on, be realistic here, huge networks need time to be built correctly. Now, this wasn?t Sony?s case apparently, but then it also needs time to be fixed. It can take weeks, months. Stop trying to think it?s as simple as securing your home network which has 3 computers connected to it.

Seeing them get hacked during E3 presentation would be funny as hell but also embarrassing for them after what has gone on recently. I guess they will do everything in their power to make them not be made a mockery of... I would not be suprised if there is some mud slinging at E3 from Microsoft and Nintendo to get a few digs in :laugh:

Seeing them get hacked during E3 presentation would be funny as hell but also embarrassing for them after what has gone on recently. I guess they will do everything in their power to make them not be made a mockery of... I would not be suprised if there is some mud slinging at E3 from Microsoft and Nintendo to get a few digs in :laugh:

They could always operate on a closed network during E3.

Well, have you got a choice for them, genius? Oh, I know, maybe Sony can flee? Yeah! All their servers dig a hole in the sea and go hide themselves!

Or maybe they can hire a computer wizz that will fix their network in the next 30 minutes?

Come on, be realistic here, huge networks need time to be built correctly. Now, this wasn?t Sony?s case apparently, but then it also needs time to be fixed. It can take weeks, months. Stop trying to think it?s as simple as securing your home network which has 3 computers connected to it.

This!

Do people really think that the almighty Live service was built in a day? Sony are most likely building the whole infrastructure of the PSN again, that's not something that will happen overnight. They have got the online back up and running well enouugh, just give them time to finish off the other bits.

http://gamercrypt.com/content.php?421-Sony-hackers-plotting-attack-on-PSN-or-getting-played-by-Sock-Puppet-Software

In an earlier article it was discovered that 2 other hacker groups were aiming at Sony for bragging rights. Obviously not far from your memory are the names Lulzsec and Idahca. After close observation of the twitter feed for Lulzsec there have been a few interesting points of interest that needs to be disclosed. Including Sock Puppet Software and the high risk of another PSN attack.

Here is the main event, either we are about to see an attack on the PSN network due to a member of the hacking group using the Lulzsec_Ops account to communicate or we are witnessing a ploy by the authorities to incriminate Lulzsec via confusion using SockPuppet Software. Either way things are about to get interesting.

Whether it's a day from now, weeks, months or 10 years, people will be caught. It's going to be delicious when they do to see who exactly these internet fame chasers are.

Whether it's a day from now, weeks, months or 10 years, people will be caught. It's going to be delicious when they do to see who exactly these internet fame chasers are.

And given medals for exposing how crappy Sony is with security? This is a mostly avoidable scenario, but Sony just didn't wanna "waste" the time or money to employ 2011 realistic security measures.

And given medals for exposing how crappy Sony is with security? This is a mostly avoidable scenario, but Sony just didn't wanna "waste" the time or money to employ 2011 realistic security measures.

Nope, dealt with by the law for illegal activity and disruption of services.

If they wanted to try and get themselves some medals, such exploits or flaws would've been communicated with Sony behind the scenes, not blown apart in public with mass "casualty" and carelessness. Yes, by all means make it public you found flaws and Sony's security is lacking, but go ahead and hack them based on these flaws? Hah, you can't tell us you're trying to make a companies security better by taking one step forward, and 1000 back by going about things in an illegal and completely disruptive and idiotic manner.

Nope, dealt with by the law for illegal activity and disruption of services.

If they wanted to try and get themselves some medals, such exploits or flaws would've been communicated with Sony behind the scenes, not blown apart in public with mass "casualty" and carelessness. Yes, by all means make it public you found flaws and Sony's security is lacking, but go ahead and hack them based on these flaws? Hah, you can't tell us you're trying to make a companies security better by taking one step forward, and 1000 back by going about things in an illegal and completely disruptive and idiotic manner.

Services? Of what?

292009133.jpg

I don't support what the hackers have done, but they've exposed how Sony take customers for granted, ****ty security and personal information leaked out to the internet, an absolute joke! Sony did provoke people and they got attacked, this is the norm on the internet.

I just want to throw out there that if anyone doesn't agree with my opinion, I will hack your computer and steal your data.

I mean, after all, you asked for it, right?

/s

Some of the comments here are ridiculous. Sony just wanted people to stop pirating games. They don't give a sh*t about jailbreaking in general. It wasn't until hackers made it super easy to pirate games that Sony started suing people.

As a friend of mine said tonight, I hope they all go to a "federal pound you in the ass" prison.

They all going to share a cell with some big muscle bound dude named "Ass Taker".

Yes, because Dell, Hp, Asus Lenovo, and Acer don't exist to compete against Apple. I can't even think of the last time I've seen a Sony laptop in the real world and I've never seen a Sony desktop. Nintendo also competes with XBox, and if a development company is only developing for Sony then thats poor planning by them.

Thats yet to be determined. They are riding on what happens during e3. If nintend screws up and doesnt make the new console worth it, it will be just xbox for real games.

I don't support what the hackers have done, but they've exposed how Sony take customers for granted, ****ty security and personal information leaked out to the internet, an absolute joke! Sony did provoke people and they got attacked, this is the norm on the internet.

I think the Joke is actually all the people who seem to think that their data is safe on any online system.... To blame Sony for this and say it is an absolute joke, must mean that our governments are even worse.... Please, before you speak, may want to take in all the facts about something before you speak... helps to not be seen , well, like a joke.

I think the Joke is actually all the people who seem to think that their data is safe on any online system.... To blame Sony for this and say it is an absolute joke, must mean that our governments are even worse.... Please, before you speak, may want to take in all the facts about something before you speak... helps to not be seen , well, like a joke.

This.

For those who are freaked out about data being safe, I hope you never use a credit card or have your money in a bank account.

Services? Of what?

<snipped>

Thats yet to be determined. They are riding on what happens during e3. If nintend screws up and doesnt make the new console worth it, it will be just xbox for real games.

Are you two really that immature or just that dense to still be saying the PS3 has no games? Really?

You know what though, you must have felt your comments were just in keeping with the thread itself, as the amount of ignorance combined with immaturity in this thread is absolutely astounding. So your comments are just par for the course I suppose. :no:

I can understand wanting to show a company that they are being corrupt or that they need to run things a bit different, however, constant attacks and not to mention disrupting service to Customers that have done nothing wrong. is NOT cool.