"Anonymous" Hacks Iran Gov't Networks

"Anonymous" Hacks Iran Gov't Networks. Releases over 10,000 secret emails.

Hacker group Anonymous has successfully stolen and released more than 10,000 emails from Iran's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. More attacks on the repressive regime are said to be "in the works."

Hacker group Anonymous has leaked 10,365 ?top secret? emails from Iran?s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Anonymous says the files were accessed after the group infiltrated the Iranian Passport and Visa Office email center. All the files are currently available for download from MediaFire , as well as various BitTorrent sources.

Most of the emails concern visa applications for ?an oil meeting,? according to an unnamed source who spoke with the International Business Times. And ?many? of those are reportedly for people ?from China.? A quick perusing of the files shows that, in most case, the emails are from Iranian government officials alerting visa applicants of their status.

As of this writing, the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is still down. According to a user of the #OpIran IRC channel, the attack on the mail servers ?is a multi-site incursion using a variety of exploits and hand-crafted methods.? The user added that ?the action [against the servers] is considered ongoing,? but said that there is new ?information under review.?...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=36a_1307157259

These guys never fail to amuse.. Has there been an influx in cyber attacks recently or is there just more media attention since the PSN hack?

The main reason for people taking badly to Anonymous as of late was because of Sony, right? Well, what if Anonymous really was a scape goat for it? That would mean Anonymous haven't actually done much of the things people are p***ed at them for. Maybe Anonymous isn't so bad after all? :shiftyninja:

I don't really know; I'm just playing a bit of Devil's Advocate.

• Like 1

at least they're doing something good for a change...but still, this could deteriorate an already tense relationship

That depends how good Anon "members" (or rather participants) are at being anonymous, and indeed what methods they're using. Even so, they probably aren't all in one country.

The main reason for people taking badly to Anonymous as of late was because of Sony, right? Well, what if Anonymous really was a scape goat for it? That would mean Anonymous haven't actually done much of the things people are p***ed at them for. Maybe Anonymous isn't so bad after all? :shiftyninja:

I don't really know; I'm just playing a bit of Devil's Advocate.

Anon have actually denined all implication in the Sony attacks, the only thing that points to them is a text file with their signature but anyone could have put that there.

• Like 3

Anon have actually denined all implication in the Sony attacks, the only thing that points to them is a text file with their signature but anyone could have put that there.

Exactly.

Exactly.

And why would they put a txt file.. if they wanted to really show it was them I'm sure they would go all out!!

Whoever is doing this have better sleep with at least one eye open. Just remember sooner or later someone is going to figure you out, and those someones may not play very nice. . . :shiftyninja:

Yes Anon and Lulzsec are different

How do you know they are different? Is it possible that one or both might have members who are spies for governments?

"Anonymous" is anyone who wants to call themselves that. Mostly just a bunch of script kiddies though.

that's what i thought, but apparently they are more then that if this is true.

And why would they put a txt file.. if they wanted to really show it was them I'm sure they would go all out!!

Sorry but there is too much "they" in your respond to know who you are referring to.