E3 2011: Microsoft Press Conference

Really hope MS don't waste on stage time demoing these, they look really shoddy. Well Disneyland thing looks alright for what it is, Star Wars however :laugh:

Really hope MS don't waste on stage time demoing these, they look really shoddy. Well Disneyland thing looks alright for what it is, Star Wars however :laugh:

Looks fine to me, just seems like the sensor is having a hard time reading his movements. Not really my kind of game, though.

Edit: A.I. looks dumb on my second watch, too, but graphics look good. Hit or miss.

what's shoddy about them? Both games look pretty good...The disney game is obviously meant for kids and star wars demo seemed to work pretty good.

Weak list.

Is this the best we have to look forward to?

The only game that im remotely interested in is the Alan Wake game but then again I wont be if they ruin it with Kinect.

what's shoddy about them? Both games look pretty good...The disney game is obviously meant for kids and star wars demo seemed to work pretty good.

You serious? They look awful. Dont look responsive at all, all on rails, no ai whatsoever, poor graphics etc etc. I can understand some people wanting to defend Kinect but you have to look at it from a realistic POV, and they look terrible.

You serious? They look awful. Dont look responsive at all, all on rails, no ai whatsoever, poor graphics etc etc. I can understand some people wanting to defend Kinect but you have to look at it from a realistic POV, and they look terrible.

What you said. Star Wars looks terribly laggy, crappy graphics, clipping animations, weak on rails gameplay and simply, a shoddy use of the license. It just looks ****ing awful.

When people have a dream of light saber wars,

, not slow unresponsive canned animations and on rails gameplay. If anyone thinks this is some sort of "unfair hating", check what the majority think.

Some stuff from a press site

2-2.jpg

I was thinking earlier, and I bet MW3 comes on stage for a live demo (as COD usually does at 360 E3), but they finish with COD Elite free for Gold subs for 6 months or something? Wonder if Sony will demo Battlefield 3, or even funnier if both MW3 and BF3 had to share the same stage :p

Looks like MS's conf is 90mins not 1hr like some where saying yesterday online. This changes things a bit.

What you said. Star Wars looks terribly laggy, crappy graphics, clipping animations, weak on rails gameplay and simply, a shoddy use of the license. It just looks ****ing awful.

When people have a dream of light saber wars,

, not slow unresponsive canned animations and on rails gameplay. If anyone thinks this is some sort of "unfair hating", check what the majority think.

Graphics look fine, it's everything involving the gameplay that looks like crap.

Graphics look fine, it's everything involving the gameplay that looks like crap.

Yeah graphically it looks okay, gone quite childish in the theme, but really the controls seemed way off :pinch:

Yes, I am. The Disney game has good graphics for a kids' game and gameplay won't have more than basic AI. As far as star wars is considered, it's probably not ready yet? I will give it benefit of doubt unless Microsoft says it's shipping today.

The lag though apparent in places including when he summer saults (doesn't start until he is almost back on the ground) but otherwise the controls look ok (the force push seemed pretty responsive to me).

I only defend Kinect from some usual suspects on this board who will find any/every opportunity to troll even remotely Kinect related threads (like this one). Kinect has it's deficiencies(at least in current form) and there is no denying that.

Edit: It was also known to be on rails since it was shown the first time, so I am not sure if I would criticise that part.

Yeah graphically it looks okay, gone quite childish in the theme, but really the controls seemed way off :pinch:

That's why I was calling them crappy, but yeah standing on their own ground, don't look terrible or anything, I just feel the kiddie look should be left to Lego Star Wars.

They look even more cartoony than they did at E3 last year

340x.gif

Gotta love that gif also :p At least it's actually real now and not fake acting, albeit looking really rough.

Thanks.

Dosn't Google usally do a Live broadcast? google.com/e3

IGN/Gamespot do live videos as well.

The graphics are supposed to look cartoonish.

star_wars_the_clone_wars1.jpg

I know they're suppose to, just doesn't fit in with the bad ass light saber "dueller" I have in mind. Plus The Clone Wars? Never watching that, not a real Star Wars film :p

I know they're suppose to, just doesn't fit in with the bad ass light saber "dueller" I have in mind. Plus The Clone Wars? Never watching that, not a real Star Wars film :p

Never saw the appeal of Star Wars at all myself, so I really couldn't care less either way :laugh:

Never saw the appeal of Star Wars at all myself, so I really couldn't care less either way :laugh:

Thanks.

Dosn't Google usally do a Live broadcast? google.com/e3

Dunno, that's news to me. I know gametrailers does one, maybe it's cuz I don't care about what google does though. :p

Some early info seems to have made it's way out of MS.

Voice Search coming to Xbox LIVE

http://www.winrumors.com/e3-microsoft-confirms-voice-search-coming-to-xbox-live/

Not much info on how this will work and what else so we'll still have to wait for the show.

Oh, and also Halo4 is in dev..... thought I'd toss that out there as well.