E3 2011: Sony Press Conference

Damn, I may finally have found my 3D TV. :laugh:

Wish it was a bit less, $400 I could have asked for it for X Mas.

I like how he avoided the question about cheaper 3D glasses by saying $499 bundle. How about just the 3D glasses for movie watching with more people?

EA has a lot of work to do to for an NBA game now :laugh:

I like how he avoided the question about cheaper 3D glasses by saying $499 bundle. How about just the 3D glasses for movie watching with more people?

EA has a lot of work to do to for an NBA game now :laugh:

He said $60 (or $69?). Not really a great deal for the bundle, but the co-op idea is the only incentive I know of for a 3D TV.

He said $60 (or $69?). Not really a great deal for the bundle, but the co-op idea is the only incentive I know of for a 3D TV.

Ok i missed that. Not a good price to me but its a start I guess.

Infamous 2 looks good. I played the demo then got the first game. There is a big jump in the visuals from 1 to 2, I think someone here called it the Uncharted 2 jump in the graphics and I agree.

Yep he said $69

And actually the bundle is a pretty decent deal. An Asus 23" 3D Monitor is $499 alone on Newegg right now, so as long as the specs are similar or better on this Sony one, including the glasses and a game seems like a fairly decent deal to me.

I am almost positive it is what I will be asking for for Christmas (have my wife pitch in with my parents). I have wanted a 3D TV for awhile, but she is not going to go for a full fledged one, so it is a good in-between for me.

Also I see no reason why I could not use this monitor on my PC as well with my Nvidia cards, may just need other glasses, but the way I see it is HDMI is HDMI, unless they put some kind of stupid proprietary connection.

Going from Uncharted and Resistance to the Kobe fail and this stuff wasn't very smart.

Yeah, not the best pacing at all. :laugh:

.Also I see no reason why I could not use this monitor on my PC as well with my Nvidia cards, may just need other glasses, but the way I see it is HDMI is HDMI, unless they put some kind of stupid proprietary connection.

It should work fine.

The front page news should just link the Sony E3 Press story here where all the post are in :laugh:'

Oh Bioshock. Not a console FPS fan so PC for me.

Dust and EVE online combined?? what? :woot:

Yeah not my thing but just based on the popularity of Eve (which I had no idea how big it was until I read an article in PC Gamer magazine this past month), should be pretty popular.

I honestly did not realize Bioshock Infinite had such stylized visuals until this trailer. The characters have an almost anime look to them which definitely deviates from the first game.

Ok, I thought Sony would trounce Microsoft, but it's been all downhill since Uncharted 3. Whichever console you prefer you'll probably think did better based on this conference so far.

Ok, I thought Sony would trounce Microsoft, but it's been all downhill since Uncharted 3. Whichever console you prefer you'll probably think did better based on this conference so far.

Absolutely not.

I own both consoles, prefer neither, and this conference has already trumped MS's from a gamers standpoint. No question about it. Even with Move, which I am not a huge fan of at all, the games are at least more or less aimed towards core gamers.

And now they are introducing a whole new gaming device?

Yeah, no way the MS conference is even comparable to this one, again, from a gaming stand point.

Absolutely not.

I own both consoles, prefer neither, and this conference has already trumped MS's from a gamers standpoint. No question about it. Even with Move, which I am not a huge fan of at all, the games are at least more or less aimed towards core gamers.

Don't even remotely agree with you, but to each his own.

I think so far the Sony conference edges out the MS one. They are pushing move but they are not ramming it down one's throat unlike what MS were doing with Kinect and for that I am quite happy. Theres a decent balance with Sony's conference but the MS was on dominated by Kinect.

Hmm I was hoping Resistance 3 would up the ante but after watching the gameplay video, still not feeling it. I pushed my way through the second game because I was sure it had to be better than the first, and I'm starting to have the same feelings about the third. Almost wish it would just go away at this point along with the Move.

Interested to see the Bioshock for NGP but sadly it looks like it will be a long time before that happens. At least the launch lineup "should" be better than that of the PSP.

What a huge, huge misstep partnering with AT&T.