Wii U Console Pics

The idea of this console is original and unique, yes...

Aesthetics wise it looks completely bland, unoriginal and overall uninspired. It looks like it was rushed.

Will it be an eyesore? No. Does it look cool? No. It's in between.

That aside, I can't wait to try it out.

Do you have some insider information we don't have? They haven't even priced the controllers. :|

That big color LCD can't be cheap, certainly not compared to a normal controller.

That big color LCD can't be cheap, certainly not compared to a normal controller.

Still.. saying "controllers costing as much as portable systems" is a bit of a hyperbole don't you think?

Still.. saying "controllers costing as much as portable systems" is a bit of a hyperbole don't you think?

well considering it does kinda look like a portable system I think that's a fair comparison lol.

As unwieldy as it looks at first glance, it sounds like it really isn't. I'm eager to have the opportunity to try it out myself down the road.

Anyone else bothered by the fact that minus the new controller, this is the console we all should have gotten 5+ years ago? Thankfully for me, but not for Nintendo, Sony blew me away with the $249 price-point on the PS Vita. Link that with my PS3 and I've essentially got a Wii U, just in black and with far more games :)

Anyone else bothered by the fact that minus the new controller, this is the console we all should have gotten 5+ years ago? Thankfully for me, but not for Nintendo, Sony blew me away with the $249 price-point on the PS Vita. Link that with my PS3 and I've essentially got a Wii U, just in black and with far more games :)

That's one thing i don't understand. Nintendo releases a handheld at $250 and so many people here are like "OMG $250 is too much for a handheld!1!". Then Sony goes and does the same thing and suddenly $250 is not too much for a handheld console, despite everyones previous crying about that price point. It makes me think the same thing would apply to the Wii U. If it had a Sony or MS logo on it instead, Everyone here would love and worship it without a second thought.

That's one thing i don't understand. Nintendo releases a handheld at $250 and so many people here are like "OMG $250 is too much for a handheld!1!". Then Sony goes and does the same thing and suddenly $250 is not too much for a handheld console, despite everyones previous crying about that price point. It makes me think the same thing would apply to the Wii U. If it had a Sony or MS logo on it instead, Everyone here would love and worship it without a second thought.

If you had followed up on any of the comments, you would have seen that people were in an uproar over the 3DS price because it wasn't offering anything substantially new over the original DS. And now, with the PS Vita, the specs are insane, and for only $249. My problem is Nintendo selling their products at a higher than necessary price. When the Wii launched they were turning a profit from day one...meaning unlike MS and Sony who absorb some of the cost, Nintendo was ripping us, the consumer, off from the beginning.

So when they announced the 3DS and then revealed the ****-poor specs, people were ****ed. Hence its extremely poor sales. Now, I own a DS Lite, as does my fiance, and we like it, but the PS Vita, at $250, is probably the best bang for buck for a new platform release we've ever seen...

It has nothing to do with who is releasing it, granted I'm quite critical of Nintendo these days, but when you try to pass off the 3DS as a $250 machine, when everyone knows it's not, and then Sony brings out the Vita...it's like night and day.

If you had followed up on any of the comments, you would have seen that people were in an uproar over the 3DS price because it wasn't offering anything substantially new over the original DS. And now, with the PS Vita, the specs are insane, and for only $249. My problem is Nintendo selling their products at a higher than necessary price. When the Wii launched they were turning a profit from day one...meaning unlike MS and Sony who absorb some of the cost, Nintendo was ripping us, the consumer, off from the beginning.

So when they announced the 3DS and then revealed the ****-poor specs, people were ****ed. Hence its extremely poor sales. Now, I own a DS Lite, as does my fiance, and we like it, but the PS Vita, at $250, is probably the best bang for buck for a new platform release we've ever seen...

It has nothing to do with who is releasing it, granted I'm quite critical of Nintendo these days, but when you try to pass off the 3DS as a $250 machine, when everyone knows it's not, and then Sony brings out the Vita...it's like night and day.

If Nintendo had a large backing outside of video games, I can see how they would be considered ripping off the consumer. However, since they have nothing but video games (and video game hardware), I fail to see the point. Sony can handle failure. Nintendo can't.

If Nintendo had a large backing outside of video games, I can see how they would be considered ripping off the consumer. However, since they have nothing but video games (and video game hardware), I fail to see the point. Sony can handle failure. Nintendo can't.

True, but with the bank they made off of the Wii they could have released the 3DS at $199 and people (most likely) would have been happy. It's the perceived value that is lacking with that handheld and again, Sony just cleaned up with they showed off the PS Vita and announced it was only going to be $249.

EDIT: Check out the specs for the PS Vita...anyone's name could be on this and I'd be on board, especially with the titles announced to be in development.

11x0127bub435specs.jpg

and the vita will have much better games...

all nintedurp knows how to make is zelda, mario and games that are the kind on facebook. Hell one can find better games on facebook then the wii. pretty damn derp-ressing.

(this is coming from a launch day wii owner!) I've played the hell out of the 6 games I have for my wii long ago and there's no reason for me to add any more. it's sitting in a spare room collecting dust.

all ninendurp did with this was alienate the core gamers all to please the lowest common denominator.... the mainstream crowd. the casual gamers. the n00bs. and they left us hardcore gamers hangin....

this is what fueled the 360s success anf that of the ps3.

and as a matter of fact FYI nintendurp created the competiton they do have....

sony wanted to make an add-on for the snes and the n said no so the s went "fine we will make our own console!' and the s made thier console

microsoft wanted to make halo for thier consoles and the n didnt have any of that so the m made the xbox.

[Text here]

Looks like the Wii U is going to have a lot of PC, PS3, and 360 ports so it seems they're coming back to their senses a bit.

I can see the logic behind the Wii. Nintendo was getting crushed in the console market and needed to make a bold move to get ahead. Looks like they're getting ready to compete again albeit I'm not totally sold on the Wii U yet as I feel there will be yet another round of "Oh crap, how do we showcase the controller in this game?".

are they gonna have titles like as good as skyrim or L4D or fallout or anything like that? if it has the same fate as wii with only crap casual games then the n is gonna be the g.

are they gonna have titles like as good as skyrim or L4D or fallout or anything like that? if it has the same fate as wii with only crap casual games then the n is gonna be the g.

Why would it have Fallout or L4D, those games are old news now (and will be even older in 2012).

also as soon as you said "nintendurp" you lost all credibility and sounded like a complete troll

Why would it have Fallout or L4D, those games are old news now (and will be even older in 2012).

also as soon as you said "nintendurp" you lost all credibility and sounded like a complete troll

I meant games LIKE it.... not the exact titles.... u durped. and QWOPed. and the N did the same thing....

It's gonna have Batman: Arkham City

I'll be very interested to see how this does. One of the strengths of the original Wii was that it was cheap enough and sturdy enough to be a good purchase for young kids but I can't see too many parents wanting to buy a console that relies on an expensive controller that can be easily damaged.