[Official] inFamous 2

Anyone care to look back and reflect on their opinions? Better game than inFamous still? Playing some inFamous off the hard drive the past few days has me in the mood to finally play 2.

Anyone care to look back and reflect on their opinions? Better game than inFamous still? Playing some inFamous off the hard drive the past few days has me in the mood to finally play 2.

Absolutely. Better than the first game in every way. Just do not bother with the User Created Content or whatever it is called. But definitely a really damn good game.

Absolutely. Better than the first game in every way. Just do not bother with the User Created Content or whatever it is called. But definitely a really damn good game.

Awesome (Y)

How long did it take you to finish it? Similar to inFamous?

Still loving just rampaging through the world in this game. I play it every so often still, but Deus Ex and some other games have been taking my attention.

Compared to the first in progress time.... About the same, but you will most likely finish the 2nd one faster, due to it being either more forgiving or just easier in terms of "not dieing". But the 2nd one has more wow moments for sure. Bigger badder boss fights, and the story gets really twisted at the end. Though the first was a great story as well, the 2nd one just fits nicely.

First one took me roughly 12 hours of playing. Second one took roughly 10. But I died a whole lot more in the first one, making me re-run certain sections over and over.

On that... there will be a 3rd for sure, the ending even gives you a hint of it. But I really can't see any improvements that would need to be made to this game, besides AI tweaks. Other than that, Cole's powers and handling of them were just perfect for me.

DLC has been announced:

inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood Drowns PSN in October

Hello there PlayStation.Blog readers! Hopefully, all of you inFAMOUS fans have had a chance to play plenty of the UGC missions since our June launch. Here?s a fun fact: Players have spent a total of 451,251 hours ? or 51 years ? playing those UGC missions. While those missions have kept you entertained, it?s now time for a major DLC announcement.

inFAMOUS 2 Festival of Blood will be a brand new standalone single player DLC for download via PSN. Vampires swarm New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul ? and the city ? he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. Featuring new missions, themed environment settings, plus new characters and enemies, Festival of Blood explores the darker side of the inFAMOUS universe. Previous inFAMOUS games will not be needed to play this DLC.

The DLC will swarm PSN in October, in time for Halloween. In the meantime, here is the first piece of high-res art and a new video teaser trailer during Pyre Night in New Marais. Enjoy!

Source

Agreed. One of my favorite games of the year for sure, and it really does improve upon the original in almost every way. The story was much more fun this time around, and I like the changes they made to Cole's character (i.e. he's not nearly as grouchy this time around). As for completion time, I think I clocked in somewhere around 12-15 hours.

Can't wait for the Festival of Blood DLC :).

I would agree on everything but the story, inFamous 2 spent far too much time around on who I would consider to be the minor bad guy that in the grand scheme of things wasn't that interesting and they didn't do a lot with, and then didn't spend a lot of time on the main bad guy.

That was the only thing that disappointed me in what was very much an all round better experience than the first.

Awesome (Y)

How long did it take you to finish it? Similar to inFamous?

Probably like 16-20 hours if I had to guess. What helped was I had just gotten my 2nd ps3, so was able to play a few hours at night. I did get all the drop boxes and did most if not all of the side missions, so spent a few extra hours doing that stuff.

I would agree on everything but the story, inFamous 2 spent far too much time around on who I would consider to be the minor bad guy that in the grand scheme of things wasn't that interesting and they didn't do a lot with, and then didn't spend a lot of time on the main bad guy.

That was the only thing that disappointed me in what was very much an all round better experience than the first.

Yeah the story probably does suck, I did not pay attention all that much. :laugh:

The story was pretty flimsy in inFamous 2 for sure (

I'm still not entirely sure how or why John became The Beast

), but it just seemed a little more... fun in this game (for lack of a better word). It seemed to take itself a little less seriously, which is always nice. Uninteresting storylines are par for the course when it comes to video games, so I can forgive that :).

The story was pretty flimsy in inFamous 2 for sure (

I'm still not entirely sure how or why John became The Beast

), but it just seemed a little more... fun in this game (for lack of a better word). It seemed to take itself a little less seriously, which is always nice. Uninteresting storylines are par for the course when it comes to video games, so I can forgive that :).

The best was created by you, when you killed John. He was a conduit as well, so when the explosion went off, it revived him, and he was reborn as The Beast. He then goes on a rampage due to just his instincts going crazy as he is being reborn/formed.

I actually liked this story. There was the main story, the best. Then the side story, they ******* trying to take over the city. It kept you sort of in a rushed mode. It seemed to help push you to keep playing. You think, " The beast isn't that far away... but I'm still so ****ed by this one guy... how is this going to pan out!? ". While the 2nd story had some cheesy moments, it helped reinforce the pressure upon you I think.

My question is, Where will the 3rd one start? Both endings are very different. Would they just ignore you finishing bad and go off of the good ending of being brought back to life on the boat? Or will they go off of the evil ending, where you are the beast and it is really just conduits running around...

The best was created by you, when you killed John. He was a conduit as well, so when the explosion went off, it revived him, and he was reborn as The Beast. He then goes on a rampage due to just his instincts going crazy as he is being reborn/formed.

I actually liked this story. There was the main story, the best. Then the side story, they ******* trying to take over the city. It kept you sort of in a rushed mode. It seemed to help push you to keep playing. You think, " The beast isn't that far away... but I'm still so ****ed by this one guy... how is this going to pan out!? ". While the 2nd story had some cheesy moments, it helped reinforce the pressure upon you I think.

My question is, Where will the 3rd one start? Both endings are very different. Would they just ignore you finishing bad and go off of the good ending of being brought back to life on the boat? Or will they go off of the evil ending, where you are the beast and it is really just conduits running around...

Good ending = SP

Bad ending = MP

• 4 months later...

Finally getting into this, was way back in the backlog. God of War inspired start much? :p

Nice graphical upgrade from 1.

I think the cannon ending for both inFamous and inFamous 2 is the evil ending as hinted by the game title itself and the fact that playing as inFamous is always incentivized.