Powertoy Audio Player (Crasher)

I can not seem to get the Audio Player to work. It shows up on my task bar just fine. Everytime I try to play something... Explorer terminates and restarts itself. Anyone else seent his?

I want to play music from my taskbar too.

J

That's what i'm running, rc2, 2526.

Have ytou had any other problems related to explorer, and the rc2 install, was it a fresh install or an upgrade from another os?

My rc2, is a fresh rc1, followed by a rc2 upgrade.

Fresh install of RC2 into D partition. Have not had any problems. I also did some more testing with the player and can play WMA files ok. I also tested a MP3 at 64kbp and it would not play but also would not crash system. Starting to think this is a codec issue of some sort.

Any idea for a good MP3 codec which supports ASM?

Thanks for the replies

I have notied this with the player, that it seems to be very picky to what kind of MP3's I dragged and dropped onto it's little taskbar window.

Maybe it's something with the mp3 decoder, possibly try a few different mp3's and see if you can find a pattern, maybe it does not like mp3's over a certain bitrate or having id3 tags OR maybe it's Microsoft's way of telling you that MP3 is shite and WMA is the best thing since bread!

I have not had any of my MP3's not work on the player, but then again, I've only got it installed a day or so, I've not thrown my huge mp3 collection at it so it will fall over in misbelief!

As to an MP3 codec which supports ASM, have a look on good olde Google, it usually works for me!

i haven't had any problems with mine... currently i use 2535 and the audio player powertoy with no problems, just drag n' drop and that's it. maybe it's an issue with earlier builds? =p

Well after just annoying me to no get out I finally have that nifty little tool working. What I found was that Xing had an encoder and decoder listed in common files under program groups. This created a conflict. Once I removed them all is right with the world. Thanks to all for your replies. :cool: