The most well-known hacker group, Anonymous, uploaded a video message to youtube yesterday calling for Fed Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to resign, among other things. It's embedded below.

The video begins with Bernanke saying he is 100% confident of his ability to control the income disparity in the U.S. -- the largest of any industrialized country in the world -- on 60 Minutes.

Then it says:

"Democrats have failed us, Republicans have failed us... It is time for us to stand up for ourselves... We must fight back against the organized criminal class... We must launch "operation Empire State rebellion. The operation will commence on June 14th...Operation Empire State Rebellion Engaged."

Anonymous first called for Bernanke to resign on March 12.

http://anonops.blogspot.com/

A link for those of you who want more detail:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/anonymous-threatens-federal-reserve-calls-for-revolution/

Hacktivist group Anonymous has officially launched "Operation Empire State Rebellion," an attempt at revolution aimed at taking down the Federal Reserve.

Undeterred by the recent arrests of 35 alleged members in Spain and Turkey, hacker group Anonymous has officially launched a campaign against the Federal Reserve. According to the group, the United States? central financial institution has ?deliberately? driven millions into poverty in order to enrich the nation?s wealthiest, along with a slew of equally-damning populist grievances.

i hope they do, guy is an idiot and the federal reserve is the biggest scam in human history (well second... religion is number one)

lulz can be caught cause they seem to be a private group but anon cant be stopped cause if one got caught, another one will took his place... 'till no one in world wants to do what they do, there will be always a replacer

Anonymous first called for Bernanke to resign on March 12.

and he didnt resign... the nerve of some people. :pinch:

I wonder if "Operation Empire State Rebellion" will be better than when they tried to protest Sony and one member bought a Sony TV.

I don't think hackers is the right term for Anonymous. I think they're simply internet activists, meaning that the causes they defend are more important in their eyes than the act of hacking which is just a means to an end. It's like calling demonstrators "road blockers".

i hope they do, guy is an idiot and the federal reserve is the biggest scam in human history (well second... religion is number one)

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

+11110002526546415152152100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

**** Bernanke and the Fed. Just keep printing money and helping inflation. you dirty scumbags.

burn em to the ground

I think a bigger scam is the guy that decided a shiny rock he found in the ground should become the global standard for wealth.

I think a bigger scam is the guy that decided a shiny rock he found in the ground should become the global standard for wealth.

no, not at all. because that shiny rock has value. those pieces of paper they print out have absolutely none, well they did when you could redeem those pieces of paper for that shiny rock, but know you can't.

If you are paying any credit card bills Anonymous want you to screw your unsecured credit card provided by paying only $19.13 and the min. payment until the problems are fixed :laugh:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=215659122039078971677.0004a3a944bafe3a247b7&ll=41.508577,-98.085937&spn=36.78851,52.910156&z=3&source=embed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwDGVFbhGR8&feature=player_embedded

Didn't the Fed say they were above the government too? Screw the fed. Can't hide behind a weak structure forever. :shiftyninja:

Didn't the Fed say they were above the government too? Screw the fed. Can't hide behind a weak structure forever. :shiftyninja:

well they are giving the government money so i would say they are.

no, not at all. because that shiny rock has value. those pieces of paper they print out have absolutely none, well they did when you could redeem those pieces of paper for that shiny rock, but know you can't.

What value does a shiny rock have? Oh wait, it only has value because we, as society, decided it has value. The inherent value in shiny rock is minimal. I guess you could use it as a paper weight or something, but it has no inherent value more than say, any other rock.

Same with paper money. It has value because we, as a society, decided it has value. Sure, paper has inherent value. You can burn it for warmth. You can sew a bunch together to make a shirt.

And you still can redeem money for shiny rocks. Go to a mall and you can easily give them your paper money and receive shiny rock!

How money is created, the policies by which it is governed, and how it truly affects society are unregistered interests of the great majority of the population.

What value does a shiny rock have? Oh wait, it only has value because we, as society, decided it has value. The inherent value in shiny rock is minimal. I guess you could use it as a paper weight or something, but it has no inherent value more than say, any other rock.

Same with paper money. It has value because we, as a society, decided it has value. Sure, paper has inherent value. You can burn it for warmth. You can sew a bunch together to make a shirt.

And you still can redeem money for shiny rocks. Go to a mall and you can easily give them your paper money and receive shiny rock!

Rocks have value when their relative abundance is low or they have exceptional material properties.

In gold's case, it has a fairly low abundance and it's chemical inactivity makes it a perfect store of weath.

gold, precious metals, have value. paper, doesn't. hear, obviously as a Canadian i need to educate you on how the American money system has changed.

new bills (after the 60s i think, not sure on that one)

234734637.jpg

old bills

992634854.jpg

the old bills are backed by something of value, of something real. the new bills, aren't, which make them absolutely worthless whenever the federal reserve feels like it.

The more scarce something is, the more valuable it is. It is in the interests of corporations to make things scarce, to maximize profits.

The fact that private banks can create money out of thin air is far worse.

I can't speak to other precious metals, but gold actually is a very useful metal. Because it resists corrosion and is ductile, malleable, and conductive, it is perfect for use in electronics. Even a small amount of gold can be stretched and can go a long way. In fact, even with it's high cost, chances are you probably have some gold in the computer you're using right now!

the_more_you_know.jpg