[Problem] Coolant flow problem

A brief history:

Fixed the intake manifold gasket about 2 months ago due to massive coolant leakage. full coolant system would be empty by the time i got to work 30 miles away, costing me $18 a day to refill the coolant alone. Checked head gaskets when we replaced the intake gasket. Also replaced thermostat even though it looked fine because we had already bought one.

Present day:

Car is approaching dangerous temperature levels (reached just under the red zone before i pulled over). Reservoir tank was at the top, almost overflowing and the radiator was empty, a few days later I had taken my car over to my dad's house and we proceeded to drain and flush the coolant out, took the reservoir tank off and cleaned it out by hand and used an air compressor on the small hose connecting it to the radiator to ensure there was no blockage. After flushing the system clear, we reattached the tank, all the hoses and refilled the tank. A new symptom arises, interior of the car fogs up heavily. I suspected the heater core was to blame but the passenger and center floor was dry. I turned on the defroster to attempt to dry the window and it instantly made it worse. The reservoir tank reaching the very top and radiator being empty situation still happens. Checked the oil, its still black-ish like normal, no milky or otherwise discolored look.

What I think it is:

Heater core or a connection to the heater core on the interior of the car somewhere has a crack causing a depressurization of the coolant system, resulting in an inability for the coolant to flow out the hose, up and back into the radiator.

---

Wondering if that sounds dumb or if it sounds about right.