Spanking your kids is a Felony

didn't know California was a country ;) clearly you are unhealthy and maldeveloped not to answer such a simple question correctly :rofl:

Are you really going to troll me when you know that I'm still answering your question?

eh don't listen to what others say, you can parent a child perfectly and they could still act out, its a personality.... I've seen parents that spend every living minute with their kids teaching them, playing with them, being perfect parents, yet they still throw tantrums when they don't get stuff.... its programmed in our minds how to react to some stuff

I agree with that :yes:

eh don't listen to what others say, you can parent a child perfectly and they could still act out, its a personality.... I've seen parents that spend every living minute with their kids teaching them, playing with them, being perfect parents, yet they still throw tantrums when they don't get stuff.... its programmed in our minds how to react to some stuff

Sorry, but you don't know how that child was raised. You aren't watching those parents 24/7.

Corrected that for you, as evidenced by the incredibly out of control kids today as compared to when I was growing up 30+ years ago (when spanking was not only an accepted, but expected form of punishment for children, even in schools). Compare the typical attitudes and behavior of children today with those of 30-40 years ago and you'd see the effects of this PC bull****.

This is a guy who gets it!

+1

Are you really going to troll me when you know that I'm still answering your question?

Sorry, but you don't know how that child was raised. You aren't watching those parents 24/7.

really? one of them is me, 4 kids ages 2 to 10..... all perfect angels, but they still have a time now and then when they dont get what they want and get mad..... EVERYONE DOES IT

and how's it trolling? I asked what COUNTRY do you live in, a U.S. state is not a country... if I did that on a test I'd be told I didn't follow directions, and marked wrong

Oh dear. What is with the replies of some people? Of course I'm aware of that; I have never stated I have a right to put my morals on others. I'm expressing my opinion; it's what these forums are for! Would you post such a reply to someone who is claiming that murder is wrong? I doubt you would. Spanking is against the law where this indicent took place, and I am commenting on the situation. What do you not understand about this?

You keep raising the moral issue, pretty simple.

One thing I learned is that giving them a choice works pretty well. Rather than "Stop that or you'll get a spanking" you can phrase it as "Do you want to be good and [be quiet/keep playing/whatever] or do you want a spanking". The outcome then becomes their own doing in a manner that is much more overt to them. If they get a spanking its because they chose to get one.

So even though I've stated I don't like people physically harming others, you assume I wouldn't try to help people in danger. You are very wrong, and I'd love to know how you came to that conclusion. It was only the other day I was telling one of my friends that I'd take a bullet for a stranger, if someone tried to hurt them, and I would. I'd always risk my life to save others.

It worked on me because I learnt to behave. It's as simple as that.

The conclusion is pretty simple you mention mommy allot but no mention of daddy and based on your posts I have concluded you are a soft individual. Ooooooh you told a friend you would take a bullet, thanks for the laugh.

I've pointed out that confiscating things doesn't always work, but I've also said I don't believe violence is ever right. There will be ways to teach a 2 year old how to behave without physically harming it (I've not yet looked into those ways because I'm not expecting to be a parent any time soon; I just know there are ways).

Your level of ignorance is astounding, you do not have kids you have ZERO clue about what you are talking about, ZERO.

Very soon you can give birth to the child and hand them over to the state who will then employ people like Callum to take care of them.

I bet he will take care of them :whistle:

Not only that, but one doesn't have to be a parent to know how to be a good one.

bull****. Come back and read that statement once you have grown up and have some kids of your own. Until then, I am going to suggest that anyone who is not a parent please shut the **** up in this thread, since you have ZERO experience with the topic. Goodbye.

You call my replies stupid, yet you assume my children will misbehave just because I'll bring them up without physically harming them? I don't think I even need to reply to that. . . .

After you called everyone else's replies stupid? Yeah, yours are right in the mix. Also, don't ever tell me what I assume. No where in this thread have I suggested physically harming a child is a winning strategy and for you to even hint as such puts an even darker tint on your very own childhood development and 'up-bringing'.

Spanking your child is never, ever a felony.

and how's it trolling? I asked what COUNTRY do you live in, a U.S. state is not a country... if I did that on a test I'd be told I didn't follow directions, and marked wrong

I don't believe you're an adult because you are making a big deal out of something so plainly obviously meant to further narrow down my answer for the purposes of trolling me. Just stop already. It's pathetic.

Aaannnd just another reason why I'm not having kids. If I can't even raise them properly, and they're doomed to grow up as spoiled and entitled and with no sense of boundaries as the rest of this generation, no thanks.

What is the world coming to? I am so glad my mother disciplined me properly when I was younger, and that I grew up before it was illegal for her to do so. :rolleyes:

This is a guy who gets!

+1

That is because:

1. I was spanked as a child, and learned manners, right and wrong, etc.

2. I (unlike many of the anti-spanking posters here) actually have children (2 and 5 year old boys)

and most importantly

3. I'm not a PC brainwashed idiot who thinks that taking things away from a child is actually a form of punishment

I don't believe you're an adult because you are making a big deal out of something so plainly obviously meant to further narrow down my answer for the purposes of trolling me. Just stop already. It's pathetic.

I'm sure my mortgage company would love to know I'm not an adult, or my employers.... oh heck you caught me, I'm a 12yr old that gets spanked daily while eating my twinkies for dinner

Hitting kids, whether it's with an open hand to the side of the head or a baseball bat, is still hitting them. As they grow older, they will see violence as a means of resolving disputes, as well as hitting their own children.

Those kids should be taught to hurt only those who mean others harm, not to hurt those who need corrective measures.

Because giving a kid a sharp spank on the butt as a punishment is totally the same is slapping them on the face or hitting them with a bat.

How do people draw these kinds of connections? Are you a single child? Do you not have any young kids in your family that you ever have to spend time around? Do you know how kids learn from the ages of 0 to 5 or so? Because I can assure you, they don't learn by being talked to. They learn by seeing, doing, and experiencing.

I wouldn't say that anyone who is not a parent should not contribute at all. Parenting is complicated. For not many things I will say this, but parenting is one life experience that you truly will not know how you'd handle without actually going through it. Even then, every child is different. Psychology and study of human behavior is invaluable when raising children. It gives you the knowledge to counter common problems constructively. With that, much intelligent discussion can be had between those of said knowledge and actual parents.

Nonconstructive discussion comes from when non-parents and parents alike are stead fast in their views of black and white. Destructive conversation comes from non-parents who think they know the best and only way to raise a child. That is just arrogance.

That is because:

2. I (unlike many of the anti-spanking posters here) actually have children (2 and 5 year old boys)

and most importantly

3. I'm not a PC brainwashed idiot who thinks that taking things away from a child is actually a form of punishment

Its nice to know sanity does exist on Neowin!!

That is because:

and most importantly

but did you ever eat a Ho-Ho as a kid? if so watch out!!!!!!!

Destructive conversation comes from non-parents who think they know the best and only way to raise a child. That is just arrogance.

Well said. And I'd be willing to bet that the judge in this case was not a parent.

Corrected that for you, as evidenced by the incredibly out of control kids today as compared to when I was growing up 30+ years ago (when spanking was not only an accepted, but expected form of punishment for children, even in schools). Compare the typical attitudes and behavior of children today with those of 30-40 years ago and you'd see the effects of this PC bull****.

That was a joke, its a quote from a movie. Hence the last part of it.

Im Pro-spanking.

Because give a kid a sharp spank on the butt as a punishment is totally the same is slapping them on the face or hitting them with a bat.

How do people draw these kinds of connections? Are you a single child? Do you not have any young kids in your family that you ever have to spend time around? Do you know how kids learn from the ages of 0 to 5 or so? Because I can assure you, they don't learn by being talked to. They learn by seeing, doing, and experiencing.

I'm really not sure where people get these ideas. Children's brains don't develop the ability to feel 'empathy' until something like age 6 or 7, so trying to talk to them and make them understand the consequences of their actions is really pointless until then. And by that age (at least for me and my brothers), we knew that when Mom warned us that she would spank us if we did <insert thing we aren't supposed to do here>, she would definitely follow through with it, so just the threat was enough to deter us and make us behave. You teach the way to act when they are young, and they grow to understand why later. It's just how humans develop.

Hitting kids, whether it's with an open hand to the side of the head or a baseball bat, is still hitting them. As they grow older, they will see violence as a means of resolving disputes, as well as hitting their own children.

Those kids should be taught to hurt only those who mean others harm, not to hurt those who need corrective measures.

Wrong, i was 'spanked' and i dont use violence to settle disputes.