Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection witho

Keep getting this is chrome rather annoying when you write a post because the info does not get saved so you have to try and write it again.

Its only happening on this forum and another forum, ive brought this up in the past just too lazy to go through posts.

No data received

Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.

Here are some suggestions:

Reload this web page later.

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Keep getting this is chrome rather annoying when you write a post because the info does not get saved so you have to try and write it again.

Its only happening on this forum and another forum, ive brought this up in the past just too lazy to go through posts.

I am getting this error for months now ( you and I aren't the only one with this problem) and posted it in Site & Forum Issues, too: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/982832-neowins-chrome-compatibility/page__st__15__p__593814966__hl__neowin+chrome+support__fromsearch__1#entry593814966

Replying in Chrome 14.0.797.0 dev-m

Well that worked fine!

I only have a Twitter extension though called "Chrowety" nothing else

I got this as well last night but has not done it since! Chromium 12.0.742.100 (88853) Ubuntu 11.04 Extensions: Adblock, Gmail Notifier and ESPN Cricinfo Notifier

This version of Chromium is in the main repository and is stable!

Chromes' 324 error is caused by a cache error from the way chrome is trying to load the page, so to put it short this is an error out of our control :/

if you are still getting this error, try emptying the cache and reload the page

My cache is stored in ram (moved it from hard disc) as for extensions:

Mail Checker Plus for Google Mail?

Adblock

Lastpass

Google Translate

DivX

Chrome is up to date as normal, been getting it for months now, its annoying when i write something and then have to re-write then possibly re-re-write because i get this error.

@The Protagonist, if its a problem with chrome then why is it only Neowin and another forum i use have this issue? Every other site i use does not get this error once yet neowin and another site i can get it multiple times within minutes even seconds.

Alex, i reported this issue a while ago, after which the issue seemed to disappear on this site, all of a sudden its come back without any warning, i was trying to comment on my own topic and got the error message, i pressed back to recall my message and it was gone so re-wrote it and it happened again after which i couldn't be bothered and made this thread. I totally disagree with The Protagonist in him saying its a chrome issue, as you have said alex you visit many sites just like me and its mainly this site and another site i use that get this issue. If it was something to do with cache we would get it on more sites, not just this and that other site i use.

Probably related to the issues I (and others) have been having with pages simply timing out or taking forever to load in Chrome. And yes, this ONLY seems to happen here on Neowin for me.

Probably related to the issues I (and others) have been having with pages simply timing out or taking forever to load in Chrome. And yes, this ONLY seems to happen here on Neowin for me.

It's slower because we've lost a database server.

If you think back im sure you will remember where you lost it :p lol

Being slower doesn't bother me, all sites are slow at some point and im only on a 10mb line because i refuse to pay an activation fee for an upgrade. The annoying this is when you write something get the error mentioned and have to re-write it, if you have wrote a full page or something then your pulling your hair out and shouting at the computer lol

As peopl have mentioned it only seems to be with this site and one other i just got banned from for noticing they allowed "scammers" on there website.

I think that pages load slow because there are too many (at least 15) scripts connecting to outside services/sites like Google, Twitter, Facebook..... which slow loading considerably while waiting for connections.

I was getting this error on Neowin since the earliest 13.0.x dev releases (I think, could be earlier even). Out of the other daily sites, Neowin is the only one to create this error so often. Every once in awhile, CNN.com will do it, too. For now I have switched back to Firefox.

I agree with alex, seems more and more sites are sending out more connections to more and more stuff which in the end is bottle netting peoples connections and the site with so many requests.

As for switching back to firefox, already tried that i use a web based game thats flash based and chrome works best for it.

I was getting this error on Neowin since the earliest 13.0.x dev releases (I think, could be earlier even). Out of the other daily sites, Neowin is the only one to create this error so often. Every once in awhile, CNN.com will do it, too. For now I have switched back to Firefox.

We can rule out the ads causing it then, because you don't get them! :p