http://www.utorrent.com/

Release notes: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=98500

Release Highlights:

• ?Torrent Web for zero-conf, secure remote access
  • Torrent Ratings
  • Drop files to send
  • Streaming
  • Webseeding fixes
  • Portable mode (when run in standalone mode off a removable drive)
  • Simplified view

Changelog:

-- 2011-06-23: Version 3.0 Stable (build 25406)

- No changes from RC8

Src: http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/software/39366/torrent-now-version-30-brings-streaming-ratings-remote-access

Looks very nice! Too bad I don't use Windows or torrents much anymore, I kinda want to try it out, haha.

This version doesn't want to open files dictated by chrome/firefox - says that it cannot find the file specified, I had to manually add the torrent from %TEMP%

Something is odd.

This version doesn't want to open files dictated by chrome/firefox - says that it cannot find the file specified, I had to manually add the torrent from %TEMP%

Something is odd.

Have you tried re-associating the program with your torrents? I think there's an option in the Preferences to check filetype associations on startup.

I went back to 2.x, because when I was using 3.x beta it seemed to be much slower in working with a large number of download/uploads at once.. Anyone notice if this one seems snappy?

Have you tried re-associating the program with your torrents? I think there's an option in the Preferences to check filetype associations on startup.

It only happens with ';'

That is "totally;legit.torrent" will not load.

actually then it might have been an issue with 2.x as well...

It's very ugly.

How can I get the graph background back to blue

How can I remove the sidebar to the left? I can minimize it but not hide it :/

How can I hide the Progress bar in the background of the Status column? Disabling gui.graphic_progress doesn't do it.

Damn it, they've screwed up sorting by status, before it was [queued][downloading, low% -> high%][seeding] which was fine, now it's [downloading, high% -> low%][seeding][queued] which is in some ways better, but why the hell is [seeding] in the middle, it should be last...

And there's no way to get rid of that stupid bar on the left, I like to keep things clean and simple, I hate useless clutter :crazy:

been running 3.0 since the early betas

it runs fine for me, the bar on the side doesn't really bother me, in a collapsed state it doesn't take up all that much space

Utorrent v3.0 works fine for me. After a bit of tweaking with the columns in 3.0, the UI looks like it did in 2.x which is what I wanted. Only minor thing I don't like is the status column/bar, which has green for seeding and a just slightly darker green for ready (not seeding). Makes it hard to quickly see which torrents are stopped and which are seeding.

Preferences --> Advanced --> gui.enable_sidebar_buttons

Cheers,

James

x

I've been using it for a while (out of curiosity mostly) and even tho the GUI seems a little bit heavier than previous versions (lost some of its simplicity) the downloads speed seems pretty much the same for me.

There's also that DNA thingy there that its supposed to be another source to download which in theory speeds up the downloads.

It's very ugly.

How can I get the graph background back to blue

How can I hide the Progress bar in the background of the Status column? Disabling gui.graphic_progress doesn't do it.

In advanced options, change "gui.enable_enable_sidebar_buttons" to "false" and then hide the category list with F7. As for the graph background, rafi posted a skin on the utorrent forums that changes some stuff back to 2.x colors http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=98500&p=29

Tweaking the advanced options and columns a little bit allowed me to make it look almost like version 2.x which is the look that I prefer. I'm using custom toolbar graphics from 2.x versions and there's extra buttons that aren't skinned but it's no big deal. So far so good 3.0 works fine for me. I don't notice any real performance loss or improvements from 1.8.x or 2.x versions but maybe that's just me.

edit: found the thread with rafi's tweaks http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=74820

Preferences --> Advanced --> gui.enable_sidebar_buttons

Cheers,

James

x

Thanks for the tip, James. :) I also wanted to get rid of that sidebar.

I went back to 2.x, because when I was using 3.x beta it seemed to be much slower in working with a large number of download/uploads at once.. Anyone notice if this one seems snappy?

I have ~ 400 torrents and its just as fast as 2.