Mac OS X 10.6.8

The 10.6.8 update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:

• Enhance the Mac App Store to get your Mac ready to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion
  • Resolve an issue that may cause Preview to unexpectedly quit
  • Improve support for IPv6
  • Improve VPN reliability
  • Identify and remove known variants of Mac Defender

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4561.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

Download: via Apple Software Update

Good to see IPv6 in the release notes, shows that people are taking action to support it.

Updated my Hackintosh no problem, It knocked my sound out as it replaces AppleHDA.kext - I just reinstalled it using Multibeast.

Updated my Hackintosh no problem, It knocked my sound out as it replaces AppleHDA.kext - I just reinstalled it using Multibeast.

Get rid of that AppleHDA patching crap and let your system breath vanilla by using VoodooHDA.

Also on topic, the App Store is buggy (??) in this version? Flight Control HD update wouldn't disappear from the updates section, it would sit there even after removing the actual app.

I guess the "Enhance the Mac App Store to get your Mac ready to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion" is the new "check for unfinished downloads" option. Nice to see this.

System Profiler also has a Thunderbolt entry now.

After installing 10.6.8 I've noticed a strange plain blue screen that appears for like 2 seconds between entering my password, and my desktop loading

After installing 10.6.8 I've noticed a strange plain blue screen that appears for like 2 seconds between entering my password, and my desktop loading

Is that on the first reboot after installing? That's just where the caches are cleared. If you restart again it should all be back to normal.

• Like 2

iMac Updated using Combo Update. No Issues. Am doing a complete backup to File Server ready for Lion along side my TM Backups.

Did the combo update on my 2011 iMac and MacBook Pro - everything is working beautifully.

I'm excited about Lion and my Drobo server (which arrives next week) as well as moving away from Creative Suite over the next couple of months :D

Did the combo update on my 2011 iMac and MacBook Pro - everything is working beautifully.

I'm excited about Lion and my Drobo server (which arrives next week) as well as moving away from Creative Suite over the next couple of months :D

Drobo... Server?

I used to have a Drobo, fantastic piece of equipment, but just too slow for my performance requirements. I wasn't aware they were making servers now?

No problems updating my VM. :)

Drobo... Server?

I used to have a Drobo, fantastic piece of equipment, but just too slow for my performance requirements. I wasn't aware they were making servers now?

They aren't. He's probably referring to the FS, which is a NAS. I have one... it's great, albeit a little slow on transfers.

They aren't. He's probably referring to the FS, which is a NAS. I have one... it's great, albeit a little slow on transfers.

I had a 2nd Gen /w Firewire 800. We have an FS at work and it's okay, but as you say, neither are particularly fast.

Just updated on '10 MBA, 275 MB. I hope this means Lion's coming soon (June).

They already said it's coming in July. :p

Good, I'll install it on my hackintosh tonight. Hope it doesn't f*ck up my OSX haha 10.6.7 atm

Drobo... Server?

Sorry, I meant NAS - DroboFS :blush:

Is that on the first reboot after installing? That's just where the caches are cleared. If you restart again it should all be back to normal.

I thought that too, but after my now 3rd reboot it's still visible, just for less time

Installed this today and 2010 MBP has crashed twice when closing the shell, when i open it, it hasn't actually gone to sleep. hmm

both times it was doing a backup to my NAS. I've also ran Onyx and installed Steam(not open during time of crash) and Dropbox so i'm not sure what it is? Anyway i can find out?