Most Rewarding moment in video game

Old school.

The original Castlevania. Kept the NES on all night at that cheap ****** Dracula, only to have to fight a demon of exponential difficulty afterwards.

Man that was tough. My NES was pretty darn warm to the touch too.

GibMonkey

Most rewarding PC game moment: After seemingly hours of autoexec.bat and config.sys tweaking finally getting to play Terra Nova, quite possibly the best pc game ever made.

Most rewarding videogame moment: Turning on Robotech:Battlecry and hearing the Robotech music, which 15 minutes later also happened to be my biggest dissapointment when I realised the game wasn't that fun.

I remember beating Super Mario Bros. 3 when I was a kid, it was a good time. I never used to be able to complete the first game, so I was psyched when I did it.

Ocarina of Time gave me a nice sense of achivement too.

Being able to play Shenmue...soon as i put the disc in and started it up i knew it was going to be an epic adventure..played it for 2 day straight no sleep after that. Then Shenmue II rolled around and i didn't believe they could somehow outdo themselves on the second title but AM2 managed to do it and make it like 10x bigger quality!

Please let them make a Shenmue III :)

Playing "Online" for the very first time. It was with Doom I believe over 2400 dialup. (Whatever the direct connect option was).

Oh yes, I remember when I played doom with my friend modem to modem. Those were good days :D

It had to have been when I first beat Super Mario Bros. 3 when I was 6. I played it from beginning to end without using the warp whistle. That was pretty big for me.

Completing Final Fantasy 7.... Brings a tear to my eye.... :( I miss FF7.... Must admit, one of the best, if not the best FF ever.

Yeah.... Emerald and Ruby were annoying little guys.

IMO, Final Fantasy VII is the best game.

The day Steet Fighter 2 clicked for me.

I sucked big time at it, untill 1 afternoon, where I went from complete crap (anyone could beat me) to equal to the best player out of the 2 local high schools.

During the lunchtimes of both the high school I went to and the other nearby high school, who both went to the same mall to SF2 at lunch, there was 1 guy from my school, nobody could beat. One afternoon after school I went to play, not expecting anyone to be there, but he was there. 5 dollars later something in me clicked and all of a sudden I beat him, and not by just hitting random buttons hoping for the best. then I beat him again and again and again. 4 times in a row. He didn't let me win either, he is one of those people who took GREAT pride in being unbeaten. Next day at lunch I was cleanin up and nobody could believe it. And when he arrived at lunch he even admitted that he was beaten by me. I been friends with him since and even to this day we are fairly much equal when it comes to video game, luckily since thoughout the years, its not been fun to play against other friends since I can eat them alive in those games!

playing Resident Evil (1) for the first time.. i fired up the game at 12:00am sometime in 1999, and turned off all the lights.. i still remember seeing that creepy intro video, and the characters getting in the house.. :omg:

and then going into the famous hallway with dogs jumping through the window.. i nearly pis*ed meh pants.. :angry:

still, one of the most intense gaming experiences for me..

oh and also playing Silent Hill all the way through.. thats some scary sh*t.. to this day, its THE scariest game ever, quickly followed by Clock Tower (if any of you remember that game)..

but satisfying in the not-scary sense of the word? i'd probably say playing Need for Speed 2 on PS1 for the first time in... oh '97 i think it was.. also getting immersed in Driver (1) was a joy as well..

MANY good moments to mention anyway..

not really rewarding... but most memorable was probably in The Legend of Zelda (nes), i was playing with a friend of mine, we randomely decided to burn this bush and it opened a hole and we got 100 rupees.... we both shouted "One Huundred?!" at the same time and thought we were very, very special for finding this 'secret' in the game. how little did we know ;) anyway... a very fond memory :)

Destroying metal gear rex after the ****** killed gray fox

Killing lizbeth in Clive Barker's Undying

Killing Koeshkin in System Shock 2 "ARROGANT B4STARD" :D

Killing the monarh in Half-Life

completing DooM 1/2/Ultimate last summer. it felt so good!!!! i couldnt complete it before espeicaly last level in DooM2.

also beating Commandos Beyong the call of duty without arousing alarm.