Most Rewarding moment in video game

Getting the "perfect" ending in Chrono Trigger way back on the SNES was pretty awesome. And playing from the point where the game becomes non-linear and finding all the different endings (there were a lot for such a "small" (4MB) game). I don't think another RPG will ever capture my imagination the way Chrono Trigger did.

Why oh why doesn't every RPG have a 'New Game +" feature... :rolleyes:

i beat chrono trigger on the emulator, so it didnt save at the end and i didnt get newgame+ :-( it took me so long to beat lavos, i didnt feel like messing with it

I don't know what emulator you've been using but I transferred my cart to file a long time ago and ran it under ZSNES - it saved fine at the end and I got New Game+ just like on the SNES. Either that or I was using a savestate at the end, not sure really, it was a long time ago. :)

Getting the "perfect" ending in Chrono Trigger way back on the SNES was pretty awesome. And playing from the point where the game becomes non-linear and finding all the different endings (there were a lot for such a "small" (4MB) game). I don't think another RPG will ever capture my imagination the way Chrono Trigger did.

Why oh why doesn't every RPG have a 'New Game +" feature... :rolleyes:

I am just curious, but there are like 20 endings and I wanted to know which one is considered the perfect ending? Also, Chrono Cross has a New Game + also.

I am just curious, but there are like 20 endings and I wanted to know which one is considered the perfect ending? Also, Chrono Cross has a New Game + also.

The 'perfect' one (or at least, the best) would be the one with Chrono and Marle (that was her name wasn't it?) floating away from the Millennial Fair, then hovering over the clouds with the moon in the background. At least that's what I've heard. Then there are several endings which aren't so 'good' such as the one where the royal family are turned into toads and stuff...

And I've started playing Chrono Cross just recently but I have yet to find it as fascinating or enthralling as the first Chrono Trigger. I can only hope it gets better further into the game, or at least that the (hopefully) upcoming Chrono Crisis (or, as it would be, Chrono Break) will be a worthy continuation (or, as it might be, ending) to the series.

And I have yet to see the 'New Game +' feature in a non-Chrono series game, perhaps because the whole concept of doing the same things anew in another order with better exp and powers fits very well into the 'temporal paradox' theme which runs through the games.

The 'perfect' one (or at least, the best) would be the one with Chrono and Marle (that was her name wasn't it?) floating away from the Millennial Fair, then hovering over the clouds with the moon in the background. At least that's what I've heard. Then there are several endings which aren't so 'good' such as the one where the royal family are turned into toads and stuff...

And I've started playing Chrono Cross just recently but I have yet to find it as fascinating or enthralling as the first Chrono Trigger. I can only hope it gets better further into the game, or at least that the (hopefully) upcoming Chrono Crisis (or, as it would be, Chrono Break) will be a worthy continuation (or, as it might be, ending) to the series.

And I have yet to see the 'New Game +' feature in a non-Chrono series game, perhaps because the whole concept of doing the same things anew in another order with better exp and powers fits very well into the 'temporal paradox' theme which runs through the games.

cappuchok, tell me when you beat Viper manor. I found something very interesting there that may give you the willies. Oh and when you reach the dead sea, things get very interesting and by very I mean VERY.

I don't know what emulator you've been using but I transferred my cart to file a long time ago and ran it under ZSNES - it saved fine at the end and I got New Game+ just like on the SNES. Either that or I was using a savestate at the end, not sure really, it was a long time ago. :)

AHHHHHHHH, i beat in in ZSNES and did get new game+ :pinch: :(

about 4 or 5 years ago, i sat in my room for 3 days and played (deus ex), damn good back in the day, well there i woz sitting under me bunkbed wit the blanket hanging over the side, so it woz like really dark under the bed, started play and just could not stop.

i woz so proud of myself when i finnished playing it....

btw Deus Ex - Invisible War comes out soon

http://www.deusex.com/

check it out looks so hot man can't wait to play it

mine was the first time i ever touched a computer.. i played comanche.. and there was this level.. called.. ummmm... jungle something.. and basically like 30 helicopters would come out of nowhere and i killed them all like a pro. was one of best moments.. i was 6 years old :D

both metal gear solid games on the hardest setting, i love those games, both have amazing story lines and IMO MGS2 was one of the best games ever, regardless for the long cut scenes :)

Doom 1 on the PC.....Super Mario 3 on the NES....Zelda:A Link To The Past on GB.....Getting the top score on Tony Hawk 3 (PS)....

The best moment was completing Super Mario 64, my favourite game ever.

When I bought the ps1 in 99 and played Tombraider 1,2, and 3 almost every night all night long.

later realeases of tombraider were ok but not as good as the first three.

On the pc Half-life,nice story and good immersive gameplay.Lots of great memories :) I was a regular

on CS 1.0 but stopped playing a few months after the 1.1 upgrade, back then CS was alot of fun but I lost

my interest after a while. Action Half-Life was one of the best mods IMO especially when you have the right

people, during the beta 4.0 days it was a great time.

Another one was a demo of Ghost Recon and I set up a server,8 people 2 from Germany 1 from Brazil

1 from Australia 2 from Sweden and including me and another from the USA.We all pretty much played all

night(well at at least here in the states :D) I remember we started the map and we set off to the side of the

stone wall and all the sudden the guy from Brazil types :LOOK HUNDREDS OF THEM!!!!: all I seen was

a herd of like 20 maybe more terrorists running towards us,the next thing was guns firing everywhere

we all died lol.I got a good laugh out of that one all that fun just out of a demo.

UT2K3 - "Holy Sh!t!"

Only achieved if you fragged like 10 bots/players in a row within 2 seconds of one another.

You can hear that if you put all your video card settings to the highest. :D

Beating Mike Tyson on Mike Tyson's Punch Out on the original NES.

I still remember the code to get to Mike Tyson... 007 373 5963

Zelda was an accomplishment, but Zelda 2 on NES was a way better feeling after beating Link's Shadow....

I remember that when I was a kid playing me some Zelda... I always thought the dungeon music was kinda scary!

:)

I would have to say... *ponders

The moment when you were about to be whiped off the earth by Ruby Weapon, thinking you could do no more damage, ethers drained, mp drained due to no ethers, knights of the round and mime (seeminly godly materia) trampled to the ground and one someone dead in the sand!@#

Then you hear that SWEET SWEET SOUND...SHSHSHSHSHSHHSHS :blink:

:laugh: , you SCREEM, LAUGH and CRY at the same time.

MY GAWD, IMO also, BGE