OS X Lion Golden Master seeded to developers

Just read all the previous replies on this thread, seems that the general consensus is that Launchpad is a major screw up... :whistle:

To me it would have been fine if it could have been set as my desktop instead of a separate app

I just hope the upgrade doesn't screw me over when I do install Lion. I've had really bad experiences from upgrading OSes especially Windows :angry:

I actually rather like Lion so far. I'm very fond of the minor UI changes (I personally think they're improvements). I even like the Launchpad, although I think I'm going to have to upgrade the RAM in my machine as 2GB doesn't seem to be enough for groups to work smoothly. Other than that, I don't have any complaints.

I just hope the upgrade doesn't screw me over when I do install Lion. I've had really bad experiences from upgrading OSes especially Windows :angry:

It is not advised to upgrade OSX better of doing a clean install...bad stuff goes down with upgrades.

It is not advised to upgrade OSX better of doing a clean install...bad stuff goes down with upgrades.

Never had an issue doing an upgrade of OSX (can't say the same with Windows)

• Like 2

Why does Safari open the last page that was open before it was closed ?

Haha that sucks when.... erm.... shopping for presents... :shifty:

If you close all the tabs AND the window using cmd-w and THEN quit it will start fresh

or

cmd-shift-q

Nothing wrong with upgrades in Mac OS X or Windows. People are too paranoid over upgrades. That is silly.

Backup your data as you should do on clean or upgrade installs. If you have a problem, THEN you should do a clean install. The thing is designed to be upgraded, so stop being a paranoid geek. :no:

I don't know if anyone's noticed ? I haven't followed the thread closely and I haven't checked the web browser forums in a while, but Google Chrome has Lion scrollbars now.

Interesting I didn't know about the repeating characters. While I like this new feature I understand some people might need it so they give an option somewhere in the settings.

Just read all the previous replies on this thread, seems that the general consensus is that Launchpad is a major screw up... :whistle:

I really like Launchpad, I've got to the point now where I use it as my main way of launching apps. I have it set to the top right corner making it really quick to access. It could be because I'm on a 13" MBP so can use gestures and have the dock auto hiding to save space but it really fits in the way I work. Anything I don't want to see I just stick in a folder and move to the next space along so I can forget about them.

The only real issue I have is that apps stay on it even if I've deleted them, it needs a way to manually remove them or to refresh it. They seem to have been caught between having it as a shortcut launcher, where it could be fully customised with stuff added and removed, which people seem to want or as a replacement for the applications folder where if you remove something it would uninstall it like it does with anything downloaded off the App Store.

I don't know if anyone's noticed ? I haven't followed the thread closely and I haven't checked the web browser forums in a while, but Google Chrome has Lion scrollbars now.

Yep, but it's hacked together. looks crappy to me, and still no native fullscreen API's.

Yep, but it's hacked together. looks crappy to me, and still no native fullscreen API's.

Hmm, to be it is 100% native behaviour apart from the bouncing. Are you on the dev channel?

So how do I arrange spaces now? I found out how to create them which wasn't very intuitive but I want to arrange them in a grid and not side by side.

I think this is the first time I've ever had to search help to figure something out on a Mac and still couldn't find how to arrange them.

So how do I arrange spaces now? I found out how to create them which wasn't very intuitive but I want to arrange them in a grid and not side by side.

I think this is the first time I've ever had to search help to figure something out on a Mac and still couldn't find how to arrange them.

I don't think there is a way to arrange them.

As for intuitive or not, I found it pretty easy - I moved my cursor over to the right and saw the plus sign appear - came to the conclusion it must be to make another space, clicked on it and found I was right, hardly what I would call unintuitive.

If you close all the tabs AND the window using cmd-w and THEN quit it will start fresh

or

cmd-shift-q

Or rather Cmd+Opt+Q ;)

I don't think there is a way to arrange them.

As for intuitive or not, I found it pretty easy - I moved my cursor over to the right and saw the plus sign appear - came to the conclusion it must be to make another space, clicked on it and found I was right, hardly what I would call unintuitive.

Well I guess if you just randomly move your cursor around the entire screen and happen to see the plus sign pop out then it's intuitive.

I don't usually just move my cursor all around the desktop hoping for something to pop out at me so I would say it's unintuitive if you don't know about it.

I can't find the Lion installer. It gets deleted after you install Lion?

Mine didn't?

I can't find the Lion installer. It gets deleted after you install Lion?

Correct, if you leave it in /Applications.

Hmm, to be it is 100% native behaviour apart from the bouncing. Are you on the dev channel?

Nope, regular Chromeage! And it doesn't take it's own 'Space' it just fills the space it's currently in. Which is pointless.