OS X Lion Golden Master seeded to developers

This may have been said before but can you burn a disk with Lion on once downloaded from the app store?

yeah you can. right click the lion.app and select "show package contents". then go contents -> shared support and then burn the "InstallESD.dmg" file

Yup. Or copy it to a flash drive.

you can't just copy it to USB, you need to "restore" it to USB

Their are LOADS of people with dev accounts here isn't there.

Yup.

By the way, can GM turn into the retail OS X release? Meaning if we have a dev account we don't need to purchase OS X Lion?

Yup.

By the way, can GM turn into the retail OS X release? Meaning if we have a dev account we don't need to purchase OS X Lion?

it's always been the same copy in the past....

Unless a showstopper bug pops up?

in the past it wouldn't matter, they would push out an update ASAP to fix it because the GM always got sent to the printers/burners to get printed and distributed. but with the way they are doing it now with the app store who knows?

in the past it wouldn't matter, they would push out an update ASAP to fix it because the GM always got sent to the printers/burners to get printed and distributed. but with the way they are doing it now with the app store who knows?

Exactly, so far the only GM2 I've seen was for iOS (since the OS isn't as easy to push updates to)

Their are LOADS of people with dev accounts here isn't there.

Yup, I have a bunch of apps I wrote personally and also work for Spotify :p

Exactly, so far the only GM2 I've seen was for iOS (since the OS isn't as easy to push updates to)

I think Xcode 4 had multiple GMs too.

Offtopic: A lot of Mac and iOS devs in my Twitter feed now make all sorts of snarky remarks about Apple's GM policy every since they released more than one. What's worse though, is those who feel it's clever to make "secret" names to brag about working on NDA'ed stuff - ROARDACTED, iOSDACTED all get thrown around frequently. It drives me up the wall! The fact that it's called Lion/iOS5 isn't under NDA!!! :angry:

Day 2 with my GM install. The inverted scrolling took some getting used to but when you think about it, if feels like it makes sense even if you have been programmed all the time with other way up mouse usage.

Glims was the only software item that's incompatible.

I've thrown Xslimmer at the re installed mac apps and again happy to report that they are all working fine.

Theres lots of little OS design features like when using a browser you get a small glow behind the cursor. In finder gone is all the color for things like applications, documents etc which I kinda miss.

Whats really nice is the f3 spaces key. I have 2 monitors and can use virtual desktops on each. Workflow wise this really helps me out with window clutter

Viewing all files on the Finder view on the right has a concertina effect on the right hand side.

Mac-OS-X-Lion-Finder.jpg

Yup, I have a bunch of apps I wrote personally and also work for Spotify :p

Dude, then PLEASE for gods sakes do something so that I can use it in germany. Those GEMA-********s here prevent me from willingly paying for my music. :angry:

I assumed if you had Parallels before the clean install, you?ll want to reinstall it after the clean install too. So yeah, LaunchPad is going to be messed up. A clean install won?t do the trick. Just delete the physical folder and you?ll be fine.

I had uninstalled windows/parallels/bootcamp as I ditched the platform alltogether. The issue was with Parallels not fully uninstallinv itself.

Just did a Clean install on my 2008 imac over my upgraded version ( went from SL -> DP1 -> DP2 ->DP4 -> GM).

I must say, clean install makes a HUGE difference for me. Chrome especially feels much nicer to use, I used to get a 1/10 second lag on clicking links. Animations are a lot smoother aswell - i guess it left some debugging code lying about the place somewhere ?