OS X Lion Golden Master seeded to developers

I have a question: Since OS Lion is rumored to be released tomorrow, can anyone tell me if Panic's coda is compatible with new os?

:).

GM = retail

Apple seeded multiple GM builds of iOS for example before it went public. Hopefully this will be the final build though. :)

I am itching to try this out now....

Definitely do so. The things I like the most about it is the tabs (obviously, but even more so on a laptop screen), the ability to sort by name with folders first and files second, and cut-paste support.

Because it should have always been that way. Most people don't have any business in there

Yet /Library isn't hidden. It makes little sense really... Luckily it's easy to revert things back to Mac OS X Snow Leopard standards. :)

Yet /Library isn't hidden. It makes little sense really... Luckily it's easy to revert things back to Mac OS X Snow Leopard standards. :)

Lion makes it harder to go to the root of the hard drive so most users won't see it

Lion makes it harder to go to the root of the hard drive

How so? I haven't noticed anything different from Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

How so? I haven't noticed anything different from Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

for me, the lion hd was hidden in the finder sidebar by default.

for me, the lion hd was hidden in the finder sidebar by default.

Ah okay. I thought I accidentally dragged it out myself. :laugh:

If anyone wants more screenies, please don't hesitate to ask as it'll help me learn Lion a touch more.

Can you show the final version of iCal? Is it as ugly as they say?

It shouldn't be too hard for someone to mod iCal so it has the default window chrome and buttons.

Real shame Apple didn't fix the window animations in the GM to be consistent throughout apps. I still have no idea why Safari and Disk Utility animate upon launching them, but iCal and Address Book don't.

I've been noticing that Expose and Mission Control don't show the same applications. One shows Finder, while the other doesn't (and the Apps aren't minimized). Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm pretty sure Snow Leopard had the usual "Macintosh HD" on the desktop...no?

Nope, not by default. Nor does Mac OS X Leopard if I remember correctly. Removable drives only.

I've been noticing that Expose and Mission Control don't show the same applications. One shows Finder, while the other doesn't (and the Apps aren't minimized). Anyone else experiencing this?

Mission Control shows everything. The second only all open windows of the active applications (similar to Dock Expos? in Mac OS X Snow Leopard). I'm guessing you're talking about that.