OS X Lion Golden Master seeded to developers

PS I wonder if Apple will update the App Store DMG to include updates (update it to 10.7.1, 10.7.2, etc.).

I never asked myself the question, assuming it would be updated of course? We?ll see if I?m right or wrong in the next few *days* I hope?

It will serve a purpose on the new computers shipping with Lion (customize will be used to select or deselect things like iLife components)

My iMac that shipped with iLife doesn't have those options anymore when installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard. You have to pop in disc 2 yourself. Apple now suddenly returned it? Even in the past when iLife was still part of the Mac OS X installation with a brand new Mac it was different from the retail discs which didn't present those options.

So far, I?m really staggered by the positive critics Lion is getting from everywhere, even the Mac App Store.

What?s wrong with us guys, are we too picky about it? Did we expect too much? blink.gif

Now THAT is an interesting question, one that I suspect will only be answered when 10.7.1 is released.

I'm really hoping they will. And more importantly that we'll be able to download it without downgrading to Mac OS X Snow Leopard...

So far, I?m really staggered by the positive critics Lion is getting from everywhere, even the Mac App Store.

What?s wrong with us guys, are we too picky about it? Did we expect too much? blink.gif

You know I've been extremely critical about Mac OS X Lion. But honestly overall I do like it. IMO it's still a much nicer and more user-friendlier operating system than Windows will ever be. I just think it lacks a certain polish we're used to from Apple. However it's still better than anything Microsoft has been able to come up with in recent years on the PC platform when it comes to detail and consistency. When I criticize Apple it's on their level, hardly ever in comparison to the competition. There are exceptions of course.

But yeah, I'm very picky and fully realize that some details I complain about most will never ever notice. I won't deny that. When I was still a Windows user I never complained about stuff like this, but that was only because I had so many other fundamental other issues with Microsoft's operating system. I don't have those with Mac OS X.

So, the build being pushed through the App Store is actually an older build than the GM, or it's exactly the same? It was brought up earlier but I didn't get all the info on the situation.

So, the build being pushed through the App Store is actually an older build than the GM, or it's exactly the same? It was brought up earlier but I didn't get all the info on the situation.

It's the same.

Good, that's what I figured.

I think we might see 10.7.1 pretty soon, though. Maybe within a week or two. As you noted earlier, will be interesting if Apple will update the App Store file to the latest version, or if they'll continue to use Software Update.

Good, that's what I figured.

I think we might see 10.7.1 pretty soon, though. Maybe within a week or two. As you noted earlier, will be interesting if Apple will update the App Store file to the latest version, or if they'll continue to use Software Update.

They'll continue through Software Update like always. I'm just wondering if they'll update the App Store installer app/DMG to match.

I just read the "Make bootable USB stick" in this forum, how do I download the Lion contents again since I have lion installed already?

it's still there. it's in your application folder.

Not sure if I posted this earlier or if anyone's interested; but I install QuickTime 7 Pro from my Mac OS X Snow Leopard disc via the "Optional Installs" folder and to my relief it works perfectly. No hacks or whatever are required. Install, register and go.

post-128385-0-33923300-1311208022.png

it's still there. it's in your application folder.
I thought the InstallerESD got deleted once you install from /Applications? Thus the reason to make the bootable BEFORE doing an install (over your main OS, that is). Could be wrong though.I just played around with it, having installed it to my external drive. Didn't migrate anything over but did get my MobileMe synced. Launchpad is as bad as I thought it would be - look, if you have a touchscreen it's probably the shizzle but other than that, using Spotlight or even Stacks is much easier. I don't understand the need to change the scrolling? Didn't feel 'natural' to me at all! Also think the iCal/Address Book UI looks atrocious but the OS itself looks really good. Same with the scrollbars, very cool. Think I'll wait to see what .1 brings before I kill SL, though. Anyone noticed the benefits of iTunes going 64-bit?

Just tried doing some HTML work in TextEdit - nevermind about the scrollbars. Their disappearing act is ANNOYING when trying to work through tons of text. Just read about being able to turn that off though. As long as Apple continues to let us turn stuff on or off and change some behaviors, good. But methinks OS X is going the way of iOS = Apple did it this way, deal with it!

to all the sparrow users, it's now fully updated to work with Lion :)

the more i use lion the more i am liking it, but at the same time, i miss the "real" expos? :(

If it is, I sure don't see it.

you installed it from the Apple App Store? It should still be in the Applications folder... I installed mine from DVD, so mine wasn't there.

Am I going colourblind or are does the highlighting for the right click menus on a dock icon look very slightly purple?

i think you be colourblind...

you installed it from the Apple App Store? It should still be in the Applications folder... I installed mine from DVD, so mine wasn't there.

Yes I bought it from the app store, and the installer is nowhere to be seen.

i think you be colourblind...

Maybe I am, lol.

It just looks like an odd blue to me and sometimes out of the corner of my eye it looks purple, ah well, strange. :rofl:

Maybe I am, lol.

It just looks like an odd blue to me and sometimes out of the corner of my eye it looks purple, ah well, strange. :rofl:

i think your eyes need a break corris... too much xbox.

Yes I bought it from the app store, and the installer is nowhere to be seen.

try going into the app store, and redownload the app, if it redownloads, then yeah definitely not there, if not. it's there somewhere.

I have no idea how to redownload an app.... it just gives me "copy link" when I go to the app store and I click on Lion

Go to the Purchases tab and it will show up there to re-download.

Am I going colourblind or are does the highlighting for the right click menus on a dock icon look very slightly purple?

No, you?re not color blind, it?s more blue than purple, but it does have a shade of purple. I even checked in Pixelmator with the color pick tool.

• Like 2