OS X Lion Golden Master seeded to developers

Aww the little popup dictionary is gone? :( i used that alot

Screen_shot_2011-07-02_at_6.45.46_PM.png

You mean this?

post-86708-0-85571700-1309649529.png

:p

Just tap with three fingers on a word.

Snow Leopard hasn't had xcode for a while.

I don't know about later disc versions but my 10.6 one has it. And an almost 1GB Windows Support partition. So Lion lacking both of those would account for the much smaller size compared to the dual-layer 10.5 and 10.6 releases.

lion also feels snappier to me. looks like they are really getting the hang of program for Intel CPUs now.

also safari is fast...

Aww the little popup dictionary is gone? :( i used that alot

Screen_shot_2011-07-02_at_6.45.46_PM.png

It's still there and even better in Lion. Now, you can just double-tap with three fingers to bring it up, although you can still use the old keyboard shortcut if you prefer.

It's still there and even better in Lion. Now, you can just double-tap with three fingers to bring it up, although you can still use the old keyboard shortcut if you prefer.

Yes, this is really nice and come be very practical to use.

Just me? I think you need to read a little more about the subject in the forums? Since day 1, Launchpad has been a mess, and nothing has been fixed.

Hey, just to tell ya, I?m deleting an app from the Mac App Store with it, and it comes back again and it becomes impossible to delete. Even if I throw it away in the Trash Can, it still shows up in Launchpad. That?s without saying how impossible it is to do a major cleanup in that thing. Just moving apps from page to page takes a while. At least, once it?s done, it?s done. Tell me when you?ve overwritten your official install of Snow Leopard, how good Launchpad is?

I just downloaded an app from the store and could delete it both via Launchpad and Finder. It did not reappear in Launchpad afterwards like you are stating. Are you running a fresh install of the GM?

the more i play around with it the more i like it. safari is great. new trackpad commands are great. i actually like mission control and launchpad. i think the way they integrated everything works great. the new login screen and lock screen are nice new touches. feels like iOS and OSX had a kid and this is it.

new mail.app is great too. also loved in safari is when I went to my gmail page, it automatically asked me if i wanted to set up mail, calendar and ichat with my gmail account, which was cool.

I thought a Golden Master was the copy that was burnt on the DVD, thus the copy the customer receives and installs. At best the testing can only be done to release quick patches or 10.7.1 via Software Update?

Well up until very recently that used to be the case, normally at least. But lately Apple has been known for releasing multiple GM builds so things are a bit more flexible nowadays.

I just installed this thing. LaunchPad is completely horrible. If I showed it to someone who doesn?t know crap about computers, he would never understand how the thing works. It?s so frustrating and? strange. I can?t believe Apple pulls it as their top 5 Lion features. It sucks so much that it doesn?t deserve to be even in top 20. Windows fanboys can take a good laugh at us now.

Launchpad is a disaster. For some reason I'm allowed to manually add applications to it, but can't remove them?? Last time around I was stuck with tons of "?" symbols of applications that no longer existed on my Mac or even duplicates. The only way to correct it was to trash the entire support file. Sigh...

Honestly I still wonder what Mac OS X Lion will really do for me compared to Mac OS X Snow Leopard... :/

I have a mouse though :p so how do I get that to pop up.

In Safari: Right-click the word -> Look up

I'm running Lion now. So far so good. One minor thing I'd like to change but can't seem to find where to change it: How do I make the font in the Finder sidebar smaller again?

Does anyone know how you delete apps from Launchpad (shouldn't it be LaunchPad?) that weren't downloaded from the App Store?

why does iCal look like wood?

It's supposed to look like a leather-bound calendar. They didn't exactly do the best job though.

• Like 2

It's supposed to look like a leather-bound calendar. They didn't exactly do the best job though.

Yeah I'm a bit unsure of that part of Lion - but I like the effect in iOS. Maybe with some tweaks it'll grow on me.

iCal looks like sandpaper if you're sitting away from the screen.

Address Book looks equally bad, if not worse. So completely unnecessary. Come on Apple, you have an almost unified UI, and then you do that...

• Like 3

First impression of Lion after using it for a few hours: It's a nice evolution of Leopard/Snow Leopard. It is by no means revolutionary.

Mission Control works nicely. Launchpad on the other hand is a bad joke and something I will never use.

iCal and Address Book look just awful. What were they thinking?

Safari 5.1 is definitely snappier than previous versions. Bit of a memory hog though.

If you want to have a laugh, launch a dev build of Chrome and switch to fullscreen. Horribly implemented.

First impression of Lion after using it for a few hours: It's a nice evolution of Leopard/Snow Leopard. It is by no means revolutionary.

Mission Control works nicely. Launchpad on the other hand is a bad joke and something I will never use.

iCal and Address Book look just awful. What were they thinking?

Safari 5.1 is definitely snappier than previous versions. Bit of a memory hog though.

If you want to have a laugh, launch a dev build of Chrome and switch to fullscreen. Horribly implemented.

Can you post a video/picture?

post-1302-0-70091800-1309692247.png

Menu bar and toolbar go away when you scroll. Still, when you first look at it you go 'WTF?' I did at least.

So do I :D

Just updated my 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 on AMD :) Working fine!

Hi,

I also have an AMD laptop, which I want to turn into a Hack, what did u use, as I have had no joy at all,

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Badges in Lion SUCK So hard to see vs older versions.

Yeah they are a little hard to see. :/

post-1522-0-20873500-1309701831.png