OS X Lion Golden Master seeded to developers

Does anyone else have to press (click) their trackpad to turn the screen back on once the display has gone to sleep whereas in Snow Leopard and before it just required a tap? - macbook pro mid 2009

Lion is very buggy at this point but that's expected, cannot wait till official release and 10.7.1

no you are not the only one. i noticed that too. I can't just move the mouse around anymore either. I have to physically click the button on my mouse or trackpad to wake it back up.

So what are the chances of the Golden Master actually becoming the App Store version? Are there any show-stopping bugs?

i would say 99 percent. in the past GM always meant final copy. and i haven't noticed any show stopping bugs...

no you are not the only one. i noticed that too. I can't just move the mouse around anymore either. I have to physically click the button on my mouse or trackpad to wake it back up.

Think it is by design as it stops accidental movements starting up the mac - even slight movements used to turn mine on when I wasn't near it at times.

Think it is by design as it stops accidental movements starting up the mac - even slight movements used to turn mine on when I wasn't near it at times.

no i actually like it. my windows machine likes to wake itself back up because i have a gaming mouse that's super sensitive and a gust of wind will wake the computer back up...

I have to say, needing a physical click to wake the screen (and computer) back up is a good feature, it's weird at first as I wondered why my hack's screen wasn't waking up, It'll take a while to get used to that one!

+1 and I think it's a good move

I bought a Macbbok Pro last week. Do you know anything about a potential free upgrade from snow leo? If I remeber correctly, Apple offered something like this when snow leo came out.

If you call customer support on the issue and have valid receipt that documents when you purchased your Mac, they will probably give you the OS for free. I thought it was more like 30 days prior to release, but it could be 15... (that seems short to me, considering Windows free upgrade time went on for like 3 months prior to 7's release).

When I purchased my first Mac Mini (the first Mac Mini) it came with 10.3 Panther installed. I think Tiger came out like 2 or 3 weeks afterwards. I went back to the same store that I purchased the Mac at and they just handed me a copy of Tiger.

I've had good luck with Apple Support, so try them. I've had some problems with them when trying to get my iPhone dock replaced because it had a manufacturer defect. They tried to hard-line me with "that's not our product, some 3rd party manufacturer makes it for us"... yes, but ummmm, it has Apple logos all over it, the Warranty states this "", and I purchased it through Apple's online Store. If you keep pressing them they will eventually give in (which has been my experience).

The two-finger swipe thing to go back and forth in browsers windows works for me fine in Safari but it doesn't work for Finder windows whereas it did in SL. Anyone else? :blink:

The two-finger swipe thing to go back and forth in browsers windows works for me fine in Safari but it doesn't work for Finder windows whereas it did in SL. Anyone else? :blink:

Yeah, same here!

These gestures are going to take a little bit to get used to as well as the scrolling. I also don't like this "Upgrade" that it did, so I'm going to have to do a fresh install.

Can someone let me know how to remove apps from Launchpad that weren't downloaded from the Mac App Store? At the moment I have 9 pages listed. All my apps in my Applications as well as all may apps on my Windows 7 partition. Also, Launchpad has taken the apps out of subfolders in the Applications folder and just randomly chucked them everywhere. :blink:

Yea, the scroll-to-navigate gestures don't work in Finder and other apps that depended on the old motions. If you set the gestures back to the original ones, they work again.

Can someone let me know how to remove apps from Launchpad that weren't downloaded from the Mac App Store? At the moment I have 9 pages listed. All my apps in my Applications as well as all may apps on my Windows 7 partition. Also, Launchpad has taken the apps out of subfolders in the Applications folder and just randomly chucked them everywhere. :blink:

Yeah, same problem. and no, you can't remove anything from launchpad (as in delete...) Launchpad is useful (IMO) but a mess....

Yeah, same problem. and no, you can't remove anything from launchpad (as in delete...) Launchpad is useful (IMO) but a mess....

But you can remove apps downloaded from the the App Store. Is that by design? Launchpad is of no use whatsoever if you can't delete apps you don't want visible. If would have been great to have just a few of the most recently used apps available in Launchpad. The fact it shows Windows apps to is just pants. :rolleyes:

But you can remove apps downloaded from the the App Store. Is that by design? Launchpad is of no use whatsoever if you can't delete apps you don't want visible. If would have been great to have just a few of the most recently used apps available in Launchpad. The fact it shows Windows apps to is just pants. :rolleyes:

It shows Windows apps because Parallels litters your system with app shortcuts from its VMs.

It shows Windows apps because Parallels litters your system with app shortcuts from its VMs.

Surely Launchpad should only show apps that reside in the Applications folder.

yeah, how do you fix that?

I wish I could tell you. I seem to remember there was an ability to turn that feature off, but I haven't used Parallels in a long time.

Surely Launchpad should only show apps that reside in the Applications folder.

Nope. It scours your system for .app files. For instance, on my computer it's showing Steam shortcuts from ~/Applications, developer tools from /Developer, and applications in /Applications.

I was really hoping for a top tabs in Safari.

Same here. I liked how it was implemented in the Safari 4 beta. I do wish it had been retained or at least made a user-selectable option.

Another question about Launchpad... Do I seriously have to move apps one at a time? There is no way to lasso select a bunch of them at once? Because moving them one-by-one across a 27'' monitor is very annoying.

I wish I could tell you. I seem to remember there was an ability to turn that feature off, but I haven't used Parallels in a long time.

that's my problem. i don't even have parallels on my computer anymore. i removed it via the uninstaller too... what's sucks even more i did a clean install of lion but i guess my TM backup had those files/shortcuts stored somewhere...

Same here. I liked how it was implemented in the Safari 4 beta. I do wish it had been retained or at least made a user-selectable option.

Another question about Launchpad... Do I seriously have to move apps one at a time? There is no way to lasso select a bunch of them at once? Because moving them one-by-one across a 27'' monitor is very annoying.

i had to do that with my 24 inch... I just made all the apps I'm going to use and put them into folder, and moved everything else into the second page...

that's my problem. i don't even have parallels on my computer anymore. i removed it via the uninstaller too... what's sucks even more i did a clean install of lion but i guess my TM backup had those files/shortcuts stored somewhere...

Check your ~/Library/Application Support folder. There's probably a Parallels folder in there. My guess is that's where it's storing the apps.

Check your ~/Library/Application Support folder. There's probably a Parallels folder in there. My guess is that's where it's storing the apps.

thanks for making the library folder hidden in Lion apple by default...

(and yeah i tried that already, thanks though!)

also i have been reading reports of people being able to install Lion on Core Duo machines...

thanks for making the library folder hidden in Lion apple by default...

Actually, I'm glad they did. Way too much possibility for a luddite to mess things up when the Library folders were visible. It's also pretty easy to switch it back (in Terminal: chflags nohidden ~/Library).

• Like 2