Show us your Workstations - 2011 Edition

I have that same desk... it has cable management stuff built into it... did you loose it? there's little clamps for the cables. They clamp onto the back of the desk. I loved that. It actually came as a suprise since I had no clue it had it. LOL.

Yeah I have it still on the back.. Problem is all this stuff I just added, so I haven't gotten back there to start putting them in it. .

I have that same chair LOL.... and the same speakers!!!! ^_^

Just got my new Eyefinity setup, had to switch sides on my desk so there was enough room for my monitors.

<snip>

<snip>

I want your zombie outbreak notice :woot: its brilliant.

On another note, why don't we have a zombie smiley?

its a comfy chair! and the speakers are awesome for being 50 bucks huh?

Its comfy :). Picked up the speakers for $50 at walmart a while back.

Where did the chair come from and how much was it? I am looking for a new chair, and I like ones with cloth on the arms

I got mine at officemax... don't remember the price though.

My setup...been wanting to post this for a long time.

95vors.jpg

30i9oqp.jpg

30tigzc.jpg

Computer is about two years old, so not bad for the age. Will be upgrading several components in the future. Want an eyefinity setup with 3 22" monitors. Need a Blu-Ray burner and a 4TB NAS. Maybe a CPU and RAM. upgrade eventually too.

Antec Skeleton case

Core i7 CPU 920 @2.67GHz

Gigabyte EX58 - UD5 Motherboard

Corsair (3 x 2GB RAM) DDR3 (PC3 - 10700)

ASUS nVidia GeForce GTX 285

2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint HDDs

LG 27" Monitor

Saitek Cyborg Keyboard

Logitech G9x Mouse

Logitech G930 Wireless Headphones

Logitech THX-5500 speakers (not pictured...on tv setup at the moment)

And this is the work setup. Dell Dimension M6400 for the work laptop (on the right two monitors) and my HP Pavilion DM1 on the left (pushed to the left monitor). Monitors are Dell 22"'s.

205aaog.jpg

Where did the chair come from and how much was it? I am looking for a new chair, and I like ones with cloth on the arms

not sure if its the exact same one but i know i got it from office depot.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/111405/Realspace-Zuretta-High-Back-Vinyl-Chair/?cm_cat=2000000361

My setup...been wanting to post this for a long time.

Love the case. Can't do that here in Oklahoma though. Too much dust in the air. If I didn't have to open the windows to save on electricity every now and then, I'd be all over a case like that.

My set up. Just moved up to 4 monitors last week.

What do you use all them monitors for? it doesn't look very practical to me, but i'm sure you have your reasons.

how do you guys keep your houses so clean????

LOL, OMG -not saying she doesn't keep her place clean but it's so typical of women (that i know) these days. They come to my place and they go, "WOW!, you're place is so clean for a guy." It seems the rolls have switched as when I was a kid I was the biggest slob ever and girls were always perfectly neat and tidy. Now I go to my female friends bedrooms (the rest of the house is fine) and it looks like a tornado went thru there! There's clothes and crap everywhere!!

And oooooh i want that Samsung Monitor (the one with the lighting behind it - and yes i know it's not built in :D)

What do you use all them monitors for? it doesn't look very practical to me, but i'm sure you have your reasons.

solitaire.......

Usually I have the two outside ones turned off when not in use. When all are on, its general for when I am either working on college work or doing some web design/development. Dreamweaver, Photoshop or Flash, and browser to test all get one monitor each. Last monitor is reserved for chat clients, music player, solitaire....

not sure if its the exact same one but i know i got it from office depot.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/111405/Realspace-Zuretta-High-Back-Vinyl-Chair/?cm_cat=2000000361

Love the case. Can't do that here in Oklahoma though. Too much dust in the air. If I didn't have to open the windows to save on electricity every now and then, I'd be all over a case like that.

Thanks...it is deathly quiet...which is the best part. Just blow it out with some compressed air every once in a while and you're good. My dog's loose hair is the worse problem. :)

LOL, OMG -not saying she doesn't keep her place clean but it's so typical of women (that i know) these days. They come to my place and they go, "WOW!, you're place is so clean for a guy." It seems the rolls have switched as when I was a kid I was the biggest slob ever and girls were always perfectly neat and tidy. Now I go to my female friends bedrooms (the rest of the house is fine) and it looks like a tornado went thru there! There's clothes and crap everywhere!!

And oooooh i want that Samsung Monitor (the one with the lighting behind it - and yes i know it's not built in :D)

my hubby is way cleaner than I am... I kinda can't do much since I sprained the hell outta my ankle.... been hurting for 2 weeks.... O i gotta be pitiful for a while.... it's getting worse too! :( I think I damaged some nerves realllly baaaad.

That looks really good :D... I have been thinking about doing the backlightning stuff myself, but have not found anything good.... Did you buy the LED strips in Ikea and can it change color?

That looks really good :D... I have been thinking about doing the backlightning stuff myself, but have not found anything good.... Did you buy the LED strips in Ikea and can it change color?

how much did the lighting cost??? looks UBER cool!

Haha, thanks :)

Yep, I used a set of DIODER lights from Ikea. $39 CAD for a set of four strips! There's a small dial that allows you to change the colour.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50192365

There's also two buttons on the dial that allow you to set it to automatically flip and fade between colours.