Show us your Workstations - 2011 Edition

I was just looking at a chair just like that one the other day. I am so rough on chairs I am thinking about getting one of thoe fiber, breathable material ones like that. How do you like it?

It's ok. I've been using it like 5+ hours a day (Yeah I use my comp a lot :p ) since July 2007 and it's been good.

The funny thing is I don't have a single NVIDIA part in my NVIDIA case :laugh: Probably picking up a GTX 570 next week though, so might have it finally!

I was just looking at a chair just like that one the other day. I am so rough on chairs I am thinking about getting one of thoe fiber, breathable material ones like that. How do you like it?

I have the same chair.... and same as chconline, it's a good chair but nothing spectacular

Haha, thanks :)

Yep, I used a set of DIODER lights from Ikea. $39 CAD for a set of four strips! There's a small dial that allows you to change the colour.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50192365

There's also two buttons on the dial that allow you to set it to automatically flip and fade between colours.

Does anyone know if you can get these anywhere but IKEA? They look brilliant

Updated workstation after making a trip to IKEA :p I added some Dioder light strips behind my desk and monitor for some nice backlighting.

And a few more pictures:

Hello I didn?t want to take up space quoting the images in response but could you tell me how/where the lighting strip is attached I can?t see on your Flickr all I can see it doesn?t look like it?s under your desk on the cable tray and it?s not on top of the desk? Just wondering how these attach may get some, and does your Flickr state the name of your monitor planning to get a tri monitor setup for my first desktop. Loving your design choices its elegant love it.

img20110728123855.jpg

A bit cleaner than what I have posted in January of this year

(monitors and keyboard all connected the hp dv5z laptop)

(picture taken from my hd2)

What table is that?

It's a custom table from IKEA. Vika Amon table top with Vika Moliden table legs. :)

Does anyone know if you can get these anywhere but IKEA? They look brilliant

I think someone mentioned you can buy similar lights at ThinkGeek.com? I can't seem to find them though.

Hello I didn?t want to take up space quoting the images in response but could you tell me how/where the lighting strip is attached I can?t see on your Flickr all I can see it doesn?t look like it?s under your desk on the cable tray and it?s not on top of the desk? Just wondering how these attach may get some, and does your Flickr state the name of your monitor planning to get a tri monitor setup for my first desktop. Loving your design choices its elegant love it.

I have two strips attached to the back edge of my desk, and two attached behind my monitor. They're simply mounted using double-sided sticky pads.

The monitor is a Samsung PX2370. As I've told others, it's a fantastic looking monitor, but has a fairly horrible panel. It has magnificent colours but it also has horrendous backlight bleed which also results in terrible viewing angles when viewing dark/black images. They must have changed panels at some time because earlier reviews for this model were good, but now... I'd recommend you look elsewhere. I plan on replacing mine soon.

It's a custom table from IKEA. Vika Amon table top with Vika Moliden table legs. :)

I think someone mentioned you can buy similar lights at ThinkGeek.com? I can't seem to find them though.

I have two strips attached to the back edge of my desk, and two attached behind my monitor. They're simply mounted using double-sided sticky pads.

The monitor is a Samsung PX2370. As I've told others, it's a fantastic looking monitor, but has a fairly horrible panel. It has magnificent colours but it also has horrendous backlight bleed which also results in terrible viewing angles when viewing dark/black images. They must have changed panels at some time because earlier reviews for this model were good, but now... I'd recommend you look elsewhere. I plan on replacing mine soon.

Thanks for your response any chance in hell you could take some pics for me? Just the IKEA specs show screws and it?s had me baffled for days? I just got get how you can mount stuff to double sided sticky pads lol I know sounds stupid but never heard of using them for back lighting installation. As for your monitor sigh that was one of my front runners after seeing in on your Fickr (hope that doesn?t sound creepy just going to be setting up my office properly after a long period of redecoration and getting my first desktop since I was a child so monitors are now a consideration) any input you could give here for me would be great https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1015750-monitor-shootout-for-new-system-samsung-vs-asus-vs-lg-thoughts/ what are you thinking of replacing it with I hear its direct successor fell short?

is the trackball a real replacement for the generic mouse :whistle: ? I see more and more owners round here..

I wouldn?t call it a replacement but it comes in really handy if you work with CAD or Photoshop where you need really precision control over your cursor, I have the wired version

I'd like to thank Another Canuck, the screen he displayed encouraged me to get it too, been looking for a good one in a while.

5900246933_b68ebd93b0_b_d.jpg

I'd like to thank Another Canuck, the screen he displayed encouraged me to get it too, been looking for a good one in a while.

I know it?s lovely but as he said in another post he doesn?t rate it very highly would to know from him among my other question pre-crash, what it will be replaced with because that?s stunning.

P1000866.jpg

P1000865.jpg

P1000864.jpg

P1000863.jpg

P1000862.jpg

P1000861.jpg

P1000860.jpg

P1000859.jpg

P1000857.jpg

P1000856.jpg

P1000867.jpg

Built a new PC:

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

? CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W Power Supply

? MSI P67A-C43 (B3) Motherboard

? ASUS ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti Video Card

? Corsair Obsidian Series 650D (CC650DW-1) Case

? OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive

? CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

? Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s

? Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost)

? LITE-ON DVD Burner SATA Model iHAS124-04

how do you guys keep your houses so clean????

They just clean enough for the picture to be taken. If the camera was turned around the other way, it would be a right mess!

All it takes its a thread like this, an vual?... House (mostly picture area) mint clean! :whistle:

They just clean enough for the picture to be taken. If the camera was turned around the other way, it would be a right mess!

LOL yeah. Hard to keep my house clean with the foot problem I got LOL.

I moved my stuff 90? today, so this was 'fresh setup' *L*.

1000174c.th.jpg

uhhh you don't gotta baby do yah? yellow rooms make babies cry very loudly!!!

THAT room would make one SCREAM BLOODY MURDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!