Mango Beta - Impressions

.. cant you delete the conversation??/

which would make a new one on recieving a new msg?

thats a workaround but since there is no way to back up conversations (that i know of, let me know if there is one) to a pc or skydrive, deleting a conversation that you might need later isnt always an option.

thats a workaround but since there is no way to back up conversations (that i know of, let me know if there is one) to a pc or skydrive, deleting a conversation that you might need later isnt always an option.

You are right about that.

They should take note of this for an update and maybe do msgs like... 1 week old. 2 week old.. different THREADS inside a Name..

Well, true, but deleting a full conversation when they might have said something that you are going to need isn't always ideal. I still think paging makes the most sense...

They should take note of this for an update and maybe do msgs like... 1 week old. 2 week old.. different THREADS inside a Name..

+1 That would be very nice. I'm also hoping for the ability to backup texts at some point too. I do a lot of work via text and don't always want to lose something I might need.

For what it's worth, the History pivot on people's contact cards pretty much works like this in Mango - it groups your texts / communication with that person by days / time, and lets you quickly jump into any point in your message history with them.

Here's a question to those that are playing around with Mango...

Does it page text messages after a certain point? The neverending scroll list kind of becomes unmanageable if you text the person a lot...

I was just curious.

Thanks,

It now doesn't load all the texts with that person when you jump into that thread - it only loads the first 20 or so and loads more only if you scroll up, so better performance too. And again, you can use the history tab to quickly jump to any point you need to.

For what it's worth, the History pivot on people's contact cards pretty much works like this in Mango - it groups your texts / communication with that person by days / time, and lets you quickly jump into any point in your message history with them.

It now doesn't load all the texts with that person when you jump into that thread - it only loads the first 20 or so and loads more only if you scroll up, so better performance too. And again, you can use the history tab to quickly jump to any point you need to.

Awesome! Microsoft has really made a lot of usability improvements in Mango. I can't wait to get it honestly. This update may add a lot of really awesome features, but the news sites should also be covering all of the many tweaks and usability improvements that the update brings. Microsoft sounds to have done a really amazing job with this one. :)

no, sorry, you're right. still no audio and video just images.

Awwww, I got my hopes up for a minute. I hope this gets added soon. I have needed to send a few videos and audio files, and it's a little annoying. Not a huge deal, but it should definitely be there. Maybe it'll make it's way into Mango before final... :)

i think the restrictive size of mms, (300kb?, carrier dependent), may have something to do with it. taking a 1 second video with the phones is larger than that (default settings). as it is now, sharing videos taken with the phone is pretty quick and seamless through the email. snap a vid>share>email>send.

edit: been googling around. i never tried to share a video before but i guess this wasn't possible to share videos through email with nodo??? it is now possible with mango.

looks like its possible with new Mango build that is out .. currently via a pc only tho..

Share music and video via Messenger in Mango

http://www.wpcentral.com/ddttbjnh