Removed features from Mango/Missing Features

So far here are the things I have noticed that have been removed from Mango.

-There is no "Forward" option in Mobile IE9.

-The "Find on this page" option in Mobile IE9 has been removed

-In Bing Maps, you used to be able to click on an address and then swipe over one to see businesses nearby. You can no longer do that.

Bing Features on the iPhone Bing not in Mango yet:

-Transit Directions

-Streetside

-Facebook and Twitter integration into Bing.

-Bing Deals

-Bing Plans

-Bing Movie Trailers

-Bing Shopping

-Foursquare Check-in integration

-Bing Videos

I'm missing the "Find on this page" feature that was in IE too...

Visual voice mail that is to be included in Mango is so far missing...

-There is no "Forward" option in Mobile IE9.

-The "Find on this page" option in Mobile IE9 has been removed

Unfortunately I think those have been removed primarily just for no other reason than UI inconveniences - Microsoft's guidelines state it's preferrable to never have to scroll the application bar menu, but in Mango even with out those options, the menu is slightly too big already. I reckon they removed them just to make it not scroll more. A stupid reason, but seems like a stupid thing they'd do.

I do hope they return though :3

missing features

Forward a contact

Forward a Text

there are basic phone features that should be available out of the box. $30 nokia phones have them

They're limited in the space they have in IE9 mobile, without going back and covering up the website with more chrome which is one thing they don't want to do. I think as far as forward and tabs etc, without going into the menu to get to them that they could use some swipe gestures. We have the big refresh and stop button next to the address bar, maybe if you could swipe from the left you could change it to a forward button (only if you've already went back from a page and can actually go forward) and then after it'd change back to the refresh/stop button. There should be enough room to show a bit of the button so people have an idea it's there (look at the change they did the to copy/paste button in the mango keyboard for an example of what I mean).

As for the tabs, look at the updated UI for IE10 in the Windows 8 start screen. Why not have it like that, and have the option to flick down from the top while in IE to get the tabs switcher to show up? There might be other ways as well to do it from the UI and not the menu so it's up to MS really, it's not like it's not possible.

missing features

Forward a contact

Forward a Text

there are basic phone features that should be available out of the box. $30 nokia phones have them

lolwut? Surely this'd be included when it's forwarded from carriers to users though, since it's such a basic feature? :s

missing features

Forward a contact

Forward a Text

Forwarding a Text is there - just hold down your finger on a text.

Forwarding a contact... well, there's an application or two that can do that for you.

Forwarding a Text is there - just hold down your finger on a text.

Forwarding a contact... well, there's an application or two that can do that for you.

big oops there. was that in nodo too? thanks for the tip.. now

i know, should have been there by default.

The forward a contact thing is a little annoying, but there is a way around it (kinda).

Just hold on the information for the user -> Copy -> Paste into email/SMS etc.

Not perfect, but it gets the job done for most things >.<

GIVE ME MANGOS! (without making me format when it comes out -_-)

Ugh I wish forward was back on the browser. I've pressed the back button by mistake a few times, and i had to dig through history to find where I was.

I reckon there be back in the final given what they are... As someone said it could be removed and put back latter, if there trying to do something new with it and its to soon to run the code out.. Only a guess but then the whole talk about Mango is really sooo lol

Does anyone know if they fixed the fact that when you receive an email that gets sorted to a folder automatically (but remains unread, in hotmail) it does not show up in the unread email count in Live Tiles and the Lock Screen?

Does anyone know if they fixed the fact that when you receive an email that gets sorted to a folder automatically (but remains unread, in hotmail) it does not show up in the unread email count in Live Tiles and the Lock Screen?

That's not an mistake. That's how Outlook works. What they've added is you can now pin one of those folders as a live tile so you'll get the notification for that folder in its live tile.

I wish we could back up a WP7 device in Zune just like an iPhone can be backed up in iTunes.

I wish we could back up a WP7 device in Zune just like an iPhone can be backed up in iTunes.

The only time you need to back up is during an fw upgrade, and it does that. the rest of your data is in the cloud.

The only time you need to back up is during an fw upgrade, and it does that. the rest of your data is in the cloud.

When i added an SD card, I had to flash the device. Lost all texts since there was no option to manually back up.

When i added an SD card, I had to flash the device. Lost all texts since there was no option to manually back up.

yes, but that's an unsupported modification that you're not supposed to do.

Touch Xperience is alright for backing up certain things, but unfortunately has been blocked from Mango installations.

yes, but that's an unsupported modification that you're not supposed to do.

That depends on the phone. The Samsung Focus in particular is advertised by AT&T as being upgradeable. I was considering it yesterday before I found a better deal on an HD7 with T-Mobile.

That depends on the phone. The Samsung Focus in particular is advertised by AT&T as being upgradeable. I was considering it yesterday before I found a better deal on an HD7 with T-Mobile.

This was with my Focus. And regardless, being able to back up the device is important.