Weapons? What do you own?

What did you end up getting for her? I'm in a similar situation with my wife. She finds the XDm slide too hard to rack and it won't be good for a self defense scenario for her. I was considering looking at a sub compact XD, but if it is the same then that isn't encouraging.

I just got a double action revolver, a Taurus 605 in .357 magnum.  We share that one though.  When she leaves the house she takes it and most of the time I have my rifle with me, but I'd like to get her a slimmer one in .38 special or something that would be easy to tuck into her pants or something because that what she's asked for because the Taurus, even though it's a small pistol, makes a noticeable bulge in her pants while she's at work.

• 4 weeks later...

Just traded an old laptop of mine that I wasn't using and a printer to this Harrington & Richardson Topper Model 158, 12 gauge shotgun.  It's a lot like my other, regular Topper model in that it takes both 2 3/4" and 3" magnum shells.  It's a single shot, break action.  This one has definitely seen better days though.  They had the foregrip held on with electrical tape because it was loose, there's no shortage of rust on the outside, lots of powder fouling in the bore, and one spot of surface rust inside the bore I'm gonna try to get out.  It's even got some marring around some of the pins where somebody tried to work on it before without the proper tools.  The action though seems to function just fine, which isn't very surprising given that these guns are incredibly simple and reliable.  The bore looks good for the most part (a little rust) with no bulges or cracks.  The vast majority of its issues appear to be cosmetic.  I've removed the tape and used some solvent to get most of the sticky residue off, I'm gonna see about taking some steel wool to it in the morning to knock off the rest of the rust and then paint it, re-finish the wooden parts, and it'll be a real nice shotgun.  I don't really have a need for it since I already have a Topper model that is in much better condition that I kind of have a sentimental attachment to, but I'll keep it for a rainy day since guns are as good as cash money around here.  Eventually somebody will have something I want, and this shotgun might come in handy as a trade item.  Heck I may even give it as a gift to somebody for Christmas or a birthday or something.  I'm still figuring out exactly what I'm gonna do with it.  Oh well, just thought I'd share.

Just brought it in the door here.

post-125978-0-91347100-1391073482.jpg

Got it taken apart, finished wiping down the barrel a bit, but I'm tired so I'm going to bed.  I'll work on it some more tomorrow.

post-125978-0-22324300-1391073491.jpg

Grew up in a house full of shotguns and rifles. Don't own one anymore but I'm into chemistry and I have plenty of materials to make things go kablooey. I also own a 150mw green laser. Honestly that scares me more than a gun. It isn't lethal but it will absolutely permanently blind you. :-O

Also also a baseball bat and a wooden sword and a full set of golf clubs plus a machete. :D

post-424241-0-72793400-1391123745.jpg

Just got done re-bluing the barrel on that shotgun I picked up the other day (refer to my last post a few places up on this topic).  I just used fine grit sandpaper to gently remove all the rust and get the original bluing mostly taken off until the barrel was totally silver, and then washed it with cold water, patted it dry, then started laying on the Birchwood Casey Perma Blue.  One coat, sit for 60 seconds, rinse with cold water, pat dry, repeat, just like the bottle said.  There's a splotch or two in a place under the foregrip because I ran out of bluing liquid before I got done, since I only had half a bottle left when I started, but I think it looks pretty decent.  At least compared to the rusty mess it was before.  I just kept swabbing the rag up and down it until it was dry to get it as even as I could.  Oh well, it's an old gun, a little bit of splotching in the blue won't kill anybody, :p

7P9tWeozAcTMFtl3E20fAp

If you count a kitchen knife as a weapon, then sure.

Hi-Point C9 9mm (works great)

Fired one once and didn't have any problems out of it.  I was surprised since a lot of people talk smack about Hi-Point, but it was a good little pistol.

Going to be assembling two AR's soon, whenever I get the uppers in. 

post-435544-0-99324900-1391828147.jpg

And this one.

post-435544-0-53242200-1391828247.jpg

Ive got one lower on the way i'll be ordering another soon. Can't wait!

Not my rifle but  the top upper will look like this when finished except im going to change the butt stock and put a bipod on it. 

post-435544-0-98280900-1391828413.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I used to fire a Beretta M9 9mm pistol all the time when I was in the Army.  But until recently I hadn't fired a weapon since 1998.  A month ago I finally bought my first pistol.  A Beretta PX4 Storm Compact 9mm.

It fires quite nicely..

11637414565_02d566c34b_c.jpg

This is at 10 meters.  Not so shabby for someone that hasn't fired in 15 years.  

1538935_10201896977164847_1812916796_n.j

I used to fire a Beretta M9 9mm pistol all the time when I was in the Army.  But until recently I hadn't fired a weapon since 1998.  A month ago I finally bought my first pistol.  A Beretta PX4 Storm Compact 9mm.

I love that one. Especially it's grip.

I recently got a good bow, but haven't had a chance to take a picture of it yet.  Have actually never bow hunted, so it will be interesting to give it a shot next deer season.

• Like 1

Not good enough, does this mean you also hide ugly member of your real family when taking family pics?

POST THE GLOCK :angry:

I'm doing a project with it. Well First of all i screwed it up with a duracoat job lol so I took it off sorta lol and ive gave it a grip reduction and im still doing a stippling job on it. the glock is my least favorite gun so i have it as my experiment gun that i dont care about lol.

• Like 1

I'm doing a project with it. Well First of all i screwed it up with a duracoat job lol so I took it off sorta lol and ive gave it a grip reduction and im still doing a stippling job on it. the glock is my least favorite gun so i have it as my experiment gun that i dont care about lol.

That's ok dude, sometimes, late at night, I pretend I have a .357 Colt Python in my lap and stroke it, then I realise THAT's not a gun I'm stroking. :blush:

That's ok dude, sometimes, late at night, I pretend I have a .357 Colt Python in my lap and stroke it, then I realise THAT's not a gun I'm stroking. 

No I do have a glock im just to embarrassed to show it lol. I do have pics of it in its non molested form though lol.

15q9ci1.jpg

No I do have a glock im just to embarrassed to show it lol. I do have pics of it in its non molested form though lol.

15q9ci1.jpg

Wait! a .22 with Hollow Points?

(those are hollow points, right?)