Weapons? What do you own?

I prefer electronic protection at the range and in the woodshop. Honeywell Howard Leight R-01902.

My English longbow was made using power tools, a band saw etc, but John is old-school.

Bowyer John Neeman - Birth of a Weapon. About 15 min

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DocM said:

I prefer electronic protection at the range and in the woodshop. Honeywell Howard Leight R-01902.

My English longbow was made using power tools, a band saw etc, but John is old-school.

Bowyer John Neeman - Birth of a Weapon. About 15 min

But is it an English Longbow?

Surely If it has been made in America, it's an American Longbow :p 

It's a design, not a sourcing location. With a high rate of fire, long range, and an ability to penetrate armor it was the AK-47 of its day - and it's still deadly.

Wood: yew or box wood

Length: 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m) long,

Average draw: 105 lbf (470 N)

Tips: laminated horn

String: hemp, flax or silk

Range: 400 meters

They've been making them since about 2600 BC, and until firearms several Kings required all able bodied men to be skilled in their use as part of the military reserves.

• 2 weeks later...

My fists which have served me very well when called on...

I live in a generally poor American city and never felt the need to own a gun. Why does it seem most people who live in rural places live in more fear? Weird...

Edited by oldtimefighter

3 hours ago, oldtimefighter said:

My fists which have served me very well when called on...

I live in a generally poor American city and never felt the need to own a gun. Why does it seem most people who live in rural places live in more fear? Weird...

What you call fear, I call  preparedness. I live by the safety in numbers rule. 1-11 in my .45.

• 4 months later...