New Facebook Sidebar

Hello,

Has anyone seen the new Facebook sidebar? The one that keeps a refreshing news feed along with the chat?

I have one problem. How do I see all the people who are online? I can't seem to do that.

Also, another problem is, I can't see the birthdays/events next to the sidebar anymore? What's up with that?

Crazysah

Hello,

Has anyone seen the new Facebook sidebar? The one that keeps a refreshing news feed along with the chat?

I have one problem. How do I see all the people who are online? I can't seem to do that.

Also, another problem is, I can't see the birthdays/events next to the sidebar anymore? What's up with that?

Crazysah

The people online should be the little picture boxes on the left bar.

Nope. With the new interface, I'm not getting that anymore.

would you mind taking a screenshot? (smudging out the names of course)

i haven't seen the new interface on my end yet so...

Stupid thing about this sidebar - it only shows a PORTION of you online friends, and then fills the rest of it with offline friends. There doesn't appear to be anyway to see all your online friends anymore.

Frankly, this is probably the dumbest change Facebook have ever made.

is pretty poor tbh.. I don't like this idea that the people that appear in the list are people I actually connect with when they're most likely not.

Stupid thing about this sidebar - it only shows a PORTION of you online friends, and then fills the rest of it with offline friends. There doesn't appear to be anyway to see all your online friends anymore.

Frankly, this is probably the dumbest change Facebook have ever made.

Precisely. You can search for a friend and then see if they are online, but you can't just look at a list of all your online friends.

Plus the birthdays and the events and people you may know is gone.

I'm not bothered with change but this sidebar is ugly and it's not straightforward.

Also the new chatboxes, they are still buggy like in the meta data for tabs someone has messaged you still sticks.

With the new chatboxes is that to minimize it you not need to click the blue bar at the top before you could click the top of the blue bit at the bottom.

You can't click the persons name on the chatbox anymore to go to their profile.

It's very bad

what I hate about it is that get the Facebook contents to the left which very annoying to me

the old chat-box was much better

I don't know whey the didn't add the appearing offline with viewing who's offline without this stupid bar

mabye someone's made a stylish script of greasemonkey script to fix it....

There must be a way to see all online friends at once.

Yep, there is an option to hide the sidebar at the bottom that returns it to the old style.

I was wondering which sidebar you meant - until I fullscreened the browser.

With the browser window being only 1250 px wide I don't get the permanent sidebar.

They are digging their own grave :/ New messages , this chat(with group chat) now , photo theater , everything sucks so bad. I don't mind using G+ at all now!

post-293012-0-57695600-1310119038.png

Yep, there is an option to hide the sidebar at the bottom that returns it to the old style.

Sure it hides the sidebar, but when you click the chat button again it just opens up the sidebar, without all your online friends in it :/

This new sidebar is badly designed - the old chat box was much better.

Someone already mentioned, you can't see all of your online friends with this new sidebar.

And not only that, it uses too much space.

heh new sidebar comes on... is like.. You are not allowed to do this...

Me totally confused.. What am I not allowed to do?