New Facebook Sidebar

damn your right, i saw the scroll bar and naturally assumed that would allow me to scroll the chat. well this sucks, wonder how it decides what to show? can't you select people on the left hand sidebar (square pics) or is that the same as chat

edit nevermind, just saw they took the people hub away on the left

damn your right, i saw the scroll bar and naturally assumed that would allow me to scroll the chat. well this sucks, wonder how it decides what to show? can't you select people on the left hand sidebar (square pics) or is that the same as chat

edit nevermind, just saw they took the people hub away on the left

the people hub only appears when you have the sidebar hidden

and no, there's no way to choose the people that are shown in the sidebar

the WHOLE reason no one like the new friends sidebar (besides it taking up extra screen space) is the fact that it completely diminished the whole purpose for the chat list

I got it on my account, it's a welcomed change, the other menu was too small.

ok the script worked for 6 hours and now it doesn't work! I even added all the chat stuff to ABP filter and it still flys out at me!!!! arrrrg hurry up google+ and get some fan pages and brand pages so we can all ditch FB!!!!!

if google plus ever pulls this Imma pop some caps in people's asses LOL.

the people hub only appears when you have the sidebar hidden

ahh i just noticed that .... so you CAN see all the people who are online on a seperate section of the screen, as long as you hide the sidebar ... when the 'people hub' thing first showed up on the left side i thought it was a little bit redundant because there was already a chat thingie, even though it was on the opposite side of the screen ...

now it makes more sense, by showing one or the other... it seems that the sidebar is becoming less of an 'instant messaging' thing and more of an address book , and the chat functions are instead focused on the 'people hub' on the left

if only they would stop labelling the sidebar as 'chat' ....

the friend hub on the left doesn't even show everyone who is online, only up to 20 people

the friend hub on the left doesn't even show everyone who is online, only up to 20 people

ahh in that case, i'll stick with Pidgin until Facebook does something better with their chat system

Don't care for this at all. I want a list of my friends who are online -- nothing else. If they're offline, why would I want to message them? I can just send them a text message or go to their profile and message them. Now it doesn't show me the entirety of who is online, which is annoying as hell. I have no qualms with the placement or addition of the search, but I do have qualms with not being able to see everyone online.

Don't care for this at all. I want a list of my friends who are online -- nothing else. If they're offline, why would I want to message them? I can just send them a text message or go to their profile and message them. Now it doesn't show me the entirety of who is online, which is annoying as hell. I have no qualms with the placement or addition of the search, but I do have qualms with not being able to see everyone online.

I hate the sidebar. It may be the single worst thing Facebook has come up with, and considering all the stupid stuff they have done that's saying a lot.

Isn't there any way to have it display certain friend lists like the old one? Why would they take that feature away o_O? I'd really like to meet some of the people that make these idiotic changes to see why they did the things they did. What the heck.

New chat sidebar is one of the worst designs i have ever seen, if u had the option to customize it then ok...but u dont!! y do u wana c all ur "offline" friends....idea is to c who is ONLINE lol!...muppets!!

I had this for around a couple of hours then it's back to the old one. The next day it's back to this new one >.<

I'm stuck with using the sidebar as the old facebook chat bar.

Eh, I don't really like it that much. Too big and lots of unnecessary information (Friends that aren't online)

Eh, I don't really like it that much. Too big and lots of unnecessary information (Friends that aren't online)

You say it's unnecessary information, but have you wanted to private message some of those that are not online before? That's Facebook's philosophy with this new update; make the people one speaks to most always appear in that sidebar, even if they're offline, because the Chat and Messages systems are pretty much merged. Due to that, if you have wanted to send offline private messages to some of these people before, I wouldn't call offline friends unnecessary information. It's just simply that you don't agree with Facebook's new Chat and Messages philosophy.

A horrible mess. I have no other words to describe it. And Ive never really gone the 'omg!!! they changed facebook , bring it back' way, but damn. this needs to be fixed pronto

A horrible mess. I have no other words to describe it. And Ive never really gone the 'omg!!! they changed facebook , bring it back' way, but damn. this needs to be fixed pronto

Fixed? It's not a bug or problem Facebook didn't desire. 'Fix' is not the correct word to use.

'Improve' may be the better word. I still have 5-6 friends that I do not frequently interact with on that list and those that I always talk to missing (sorry for my bad english)