How bad is your eyesight?

20/20 in both eyes. This also after having focussing lens implants installed 18 months ago due to radiation induced cataracts.

Unlike the usual fixed focus or multi-focal lens implants these optical grade silicone versions attach to the natural cilliary muscles and focus like a natural lens - with the added plus of built-in UV filtration and high end optical properties.

When the patch came off the first eye it was like, WHOA BABY!! Colors were day-glow, especially LCD monitors which it almost hurt to look at for a week or two, and after recovery I could see traffic lights change well over a mile away.

No degradation since, and all I need is reading glasses having opted for mid-to-long range optics.

I'm assuming that's a lot more expensive then laser surgery? :p

-7 in both eyes.

Whoo, someone worse then me!

My eyes are screwed, always had a lazy right eye (my brain favors the left eye), never got my eyes properly sorted at all and haven't worn glasses in 5 years. God only knows what an optician would say to me now!

ah ok, I think I'm -2 it's not that bad. I don't really feel the need to wear glasses...

Your fellow drivers may disagree, lol.

20/20 in both eyes. This also after having focussing lens implants installed 18 months ago due to radiation induced cataracts.

Unlike the usual fixed focus or multi-focal lens implants these optical grade silicone versions attach to the natural cilliary muscles and focus like a natural lens - with the added plus of built-in UV filtration and high end optical properties.

Now you just need a good shine-job.

Was just suggested my primary doctor to see an eye doctor once a year, since I am a Type 1 Diabetic. When I went, they said I had 20/15 vision. I have always had amazing vision which is one of the many reasons I keep my glucose where it needs to be, so they do not suffer any lasting damage.

ah ok, I think I'm -2 it's not that bad. I don't really feel the need to wear glasses...

Do you wear glasses while driving? If not you're probably driving illegally, I'm -1.25 / -1.00 and I'm required (just) to wear glasses while driving.

My eyesight is fine, apart from a small parallax error causing me to see double every once in a while.

used to be 20/20. But, every since i started coding my eyesight has got worse. Havn't got an eyetest in years, i should. I need glasses to see fine detail more than like 100-200 feet away. Maybe between 10/10 and 15/15 now?

My eyesight is fine, apart from a small parallax error causing me to see double every once in a while.

That's called alcohol buddy ;-)

I was fine up to 6 months ago, then every time I was using the PC it would be out of focus, and a few hours later the headache would start. At the insistence of my wife I'd had them tested and I now have to wear glassed when using the PC, guy said it was just old age...........gee thanks dude......I don't need to get them tested for another few years.

I need glasses to see stuff far away clearly, close up stuff is fine. it all blurs if I remove my specs, mainly text. My hearing on the other hand is pretty good, I can hear the noise from those Cat Deterrent things people put in their gardens which is weird.

You know that old joke, what is the first thing you put on in the morning? Answer is your feet ON the floor.

Not me. I'm putting my glasses on first, otherwise I'd miss the floor!!

Is that bad, or what?!!

Do you wear glasses while driving? If not you're probably driving illegally, I'm -1.25 / -1.00 and I'm required (just) to wear glasses while driving.

I don't drive yet. Another one of those things that I don't really feel the need for at this point. But if I did I'd have to wear glasses yeah. I have glasses now I just don't wear them lol. Gonna get the surgery as soon as possible.

In my Left eye i'm shorted sighted, and in my right eye I have PHPV, meaning I have very little sight in my right eye :(

Someone mentioned NHS eye tests - they're only free if you're under 16, in full time education, have an underlying eye condition, or in receipt of state benefits. If you work, you pay.

That said, my last eye test, from July 1st 2010 says that I'm:

Right: -3.25 | Left: -3.25

Which isn't as bad as some people, but personally I couldn't do without my glasses - I can't see anything in focus, without them. As a reference, I've just taken my glasses off, and am now typing this looking at the screen, without glasses - it's just a contunuous line of black.

• 1 year later...

You all need to stop complaining... I'm only 15 and my vision is -10.50 in one eye and -9.75 in the other, with an astigmitism. Oh and my vision is expected to get worse.