[Android Noob] Can all Android phones connect to Wi-Fi networks?

Hey everyone, I figure here would be the best place to ask, but can all Android phones connect to Wi-Fi networks?

I don't have a data plan, but I would still like to be able to check my email, browse, and so forth on my phone while I'm at someone else's house using their wireless internet.

While I have your attention: I'm currently a T-mobile user, are there any specific Android GSM phones you recommend?

My price range for a phone (without contract) is up to ~$200, and I would like a screen that is at least 3.5" diagonal just to make it easier for me to text.

$200 is a low budget I know, which is why I am also considering purchasing used models from places like eBay.

[EDIT: added that my budget is for the phone only, not with a contract]

[EDIT: added that I would prefer a phone with at least a 3.5" diagonal screen]

Nearly all can yes, my brother doesn't use data on his handed down from me htc desire he uses data only on wireless.

Is your price range for just the device or including a plan/contract ?

Just the device, a low budget I know, hence my willingness to purchase used models off of places like eBay haha

For low buget, I would suggest HTC Wildfire

For low buget, I would suggest HTC Wildfire

I'll keep that one in mind, although I prefer an Android phone with at least a 3.5" diagonal screen. I'm currently texting on a 3" diagonal screen (samsung highlight) and it is awfully cramped.

Thanks for the reply!

I'll keep that one in mind, although I prefer an Android phone with at least a 3.5" diagonal screen. I'm currently texting on a 3" diagonal screen (samsung highlight) and it is awfully cramped.

Thanks for the reply!

HTC Desire then? The new model (Desire S) is out, so the older one should have lower price now. I have it and it's excellent, it will also be available for upgrade to Gingerbread by the end of July.

As long as you remember that cheap Android phones are just fancy feature phone and not smart phones you should be fine.

If you are on T-Mobile, it might take some arguing to get them to not add a data plan, all the providers pretty much insist on a data plan for "smart phones" so used or e-bay might be your only options if T-Mobile will not budge on the data plan bit

I'd suggest one of the entry/mid level samsung's like the galaxy ace or LG optimus one or as mentioned the wildfire but I'd suggest avoiding HTC too.

I'd suggest avoiding HTC too.

Why? HTC has some of the best android devices on the market.