[Official] Deus Ex Human Revolution

Wow, this game completely left my radar when it got delayed out of the spring release and they said maybe fall into 2012. But those early reviews and the greenman gaming deal put it back in the spot light for me and it might be a surprise GOTY.

Also if we got Deus Ex from a different site how do we get to the bonus features like the soundtrack?

i believe its downloaded with the pre-load on steam.

I got my key from greenmangaming yesterday and its all preloaded :)

Same here. Got my key on Fri and preloaded.

I jumped off the bridge by preordering Dead Island as well at the same price of $34. Game looks fun.

Excellent site for preordering games at a great discount. That's if you don't care about all those TF2 Hats...

Opinions regarding PC vs PS3 or XBOX ? Any reviews saying which is best ?

Been wondering the same thing, was hoping for a demo but had read not long ago that they said they wouldn't be releasing one for this game. Given how much I loved the first game and that was for PC I'll likely just pick it up for that, not to mention it's a bit cheaper as well which is nice.

I ordered this for the 360 fully knowing it'd look less good etc, I want my cheevos and I also want to play on my big screen vs my 24" monitor.

So, why haven't any reviews come out yet besides the stupid PC Gamer magazine one? (which I can't/won't read since I would have to buy the magazine) I can't imagine that PC Gamer Magazine owns ALL videogame websites, so why hasn't anyone else released a review yet?

Ugh, that's retarded. I hate it when publishers do that. Like it's going to make any difference at all. Some people will wait to buy the game until after they read the reviews, and some people (mostly parents) don't even read reviews and will buy the game anyways. The rest will have been following the game through it's development and know every little tid bit of info about the game. They'll have already made up their mind on whether to buy the game or not. So what the hell good does a NDA do?

(If you can't tell, I'm getting impatient to play the game. I was hoping to read reviews to sate my brain for Deus Ex stuff, but this NDA nonsense is ruining it.)

All pre-loaded and ready to go :)

VPN at the ready for early unlock, as I'm not waiting till 26th here in UK ;)

Speaking of VPN: I was thinking paying for a one day VPN access just for that same early unlocking, but then someone told me that I'll have to login to the Steam account using the VPN until the 25th (when the game unlocks over here on Steam). Because if I'll login without the VPN, then Steam will lock the game again.

Was he right?

How does using a VPN get you early access to the game? I thought VPN's just create a secure connection to an outside network. How would that fake Steam into thinking your'e in another region?

How does using a VPN get you early access to the game? I thought VPN's just create a secure connection to an outside network. How would that fake Steam into thinking your'e in another region?

It gives me an IP from the good old US of A ;) Do it all the time, works like a charm.

Tested VPN earlier, and it changed release date on steam to 23rd. You then just set Steam to 'offline' mode once files are unlocked :)

It gives me an IP from the good old US of A ;) Do it all the time, works like a charm.

Tested VPN earlier, and it changed release date on steam to 23rd. You then just set Steam to 'offline' mode once files are unlocked :)

Ah nice. I didn't realize VPNs spoofed location too. Good luck with that. I hope it works for you. (Y) It sucks that Europe has to wait until the 26th. Seems silly.

Speaking of VPN: I was thinking paying for a one day VPN access just for that same early unlocking, but then someone told me that I'll have to login to the Steam account using the VPN until the 25th (when the game unlocks over here on Steam). Because if I'll login without the VPN, then Steam will lock the game again.

Was he right?

http://usaip.eu/en/free_vpn.php

Simple as opening the downloaded file, selecting a US server, unlock the game, disconnect the VPN and you're done. It will let you log on for free, for a Max 7 mins at a time, more than enough time to unlock files.

I think its funny that people want to VPN to get a game 3 days early than what is being released in their country. Really? Its 3 days, not 3 years. ;)

I think its funny that people want to VPN to get a game 3 days early than what is being released in their country. Really? Its 3 days, not 3 years. ;)

If you are able to get it early who cares? Some people want to play it rather than wait.

Nothing wrong with that. It's not like I'm pirating the game to play it earlier.

The Good

• A Deus Ex game, and a very good one at that
  • Wonderful use of both first- and third-person views
  • E-mails and news reports do a great job of building the world, and are often funny
  • Many side-quests, and choices that matter as the game progresses
  • Varied weapons
  • Augmentation system means everyone can play in their own style
  • Multiple ways to complete each mission
  • The hacking minigame remains fun through the entirety of the game
  • Impossible to see everything the first time you play
  • A lengthy single-player experience: I put in around 25 hours and can't wait to play again
  • Standard branching conversations are enhanced with higher-stakes conversations that change how the story plays out
  • Adam Jensen is a mirror for the other characters in the game: some see a monster, others see the future

The Bad

• The transitions between the game and its cutscenes can be jarring
  • Lack of support for NVIDIA's 3D Vision technology (3D fans can only use AMD's HD3D)
  • The voice acting can be spotty in places
  • The conspiracy can get a little thick at times, and a lot is thrown at you near the end of the game

The Ugly

• The game has a quick-save ability, and I admit to using it every now and again, but abusing saves to see the "right" way through conversations will harm your enjoyment of the game. The "Ugly" tag is for people too cowardly to live by their own in-game decisions. And I mean that in a nice way.
  • An early mission in a police station can be exceedingly tedious if you tackle it at the wrong time, which is a design flaw in a game of this type

Verdict: Buy

-----------------------------------------------

i'm broker then a joke right now and have a ton of games to play from the steam sale so i'll wait until this goes on sale later on in the year before i pick it up. definitely can't wait to do it though!