Nikon D3100 Memory Card

Hello guys,

So around a month and a half I bought a Nikon D3100 DSLR. I bought some cheap memory card with it and the capacity is only 8GB. I'm looking to purchase a fast 16GB or 32GB one. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Crazysah

Agreed with Crazzy...

Why do you need 16 or 32 GB, is the card you have right now not quick enough to shoot movies? Or are you finding it incapable of keeping up with burst mode? Or do you just not like waiting to upload your pics?...

I personally feel class 10 is overkill, a good class 6 would probably be good *enough* depending on what it is you SPECIFICALLY need a faster card for.

I have one 16GB class sandisk ultra II that I use for when I need more space, then an 8 GB card that I usually have in my camera that is higher speed... The thing is I rarely fill it, so my 16GB isn't used that often

That being said I do not shoot videos... you probably do, and being that the 3100 shoots 1920x1080 I am guessing that is why you want a bigger card, and a decent speed one (to keep up with the video)... which from what I have just read through google, class 10 may be a decent solution after all haha (if full HD video is what you are after of course)

I'll be buying from the USA. I need 16GB or 32GB for space and I need a high speed one for burst mode and videos. I'm looking for one under like $40 if possible.

I'll be buying from the USA. I need 16GB or 32GB for space and I need a high speed one for burst mode and videos. I'm looking for one under like $40 if possible.

D3100's burst mode doesn't require that high speed; it's Nikon's entry level camera.

D3100's burst mode doesn't require that high speed; it's Nikon's entry level camera.

But it's still 14 mp... Which is a large photo size, especially if shooting raw, so regardless it will help (even at 3fps), and he does mention video, which is at full 1080p.

It's $5 more than what you wanted, and shipping I imagine would be quite a bit to your location (I have amazon prime personally - not that it would help you)... but this is a great card made by a great company for a great price.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-Video-Memory-SDSDRX3-016G-A21/dp/B003D5MY5I/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1310881485&sr=8-8

16GB class 10 for $45 regular $110

PS: one left in stock (as of right now)

It's $5 more than what you wanted, and shipping I imagine would be quite a bit to your location (I have amazon prime personally - not that it would help you)... but this is a great card made by a great company for a great price.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-Video-Memory-SDSDRX3-016G-A21/dp/B003D5MY5I/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1310881485&sr=8-8

16GB class 10 for $45 regular $110

PS: one left in stock (as of right now)

Nah. I'm seriously looking for under $40. How's this one instead? http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-Flash-memory-card/dp/B001L27D5Q/ref=sr_1_9?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1311196307&sr=1-9 Or something similar to that?

Nah. I'm seriously looking for under $40. How's this one instead? http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-Flash-memory-card/dp/B001L27D5Q/ref=sr_1_9?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1311196307&sr=1-9 Or something similar to that?

It's class 4, so it'l be much slower to write the data which will affect how many photos you can take before the buffer fills up and you have to wait while doing burst photos.

it may also affect your ability to record HD video.