Breaking Bad (Spoiler Warning)

Oh.

My.

God!

And everything appeared to be so perfectly resolved!

Ah, what was the reference to the mangled mirror in the hospital toilet?

Did Walt trash it upon first learning he had cancer?

Looking forward to the final 8 episodes in 2013!

i still say one of two things will happen:

1.) this whole thing is a dream and he is on his death bed.

2.) or the cancer comes back.

im going with the dream. all of the sudden he quits and his wife that wants him dead forgives him and all is fine at the end of the show between them? ill also say having to wait until next summer for the finale is a bit ridiculous IMO.

Yes, I'm not a big fan of the wait either.

Have the final eight episodes been filmed already?

Also, where does the opening scene at the beginning of season 5 (with a bearded Walter eating at a diner) fall within the Breaking Bad timeline?

Yes, I'm not a big fan of the wait either.

Have the final eight episodes been filmed already?

Also, where does the opening scene at the beginning of season 5 (with a bearded Walter eating at a diner) fall within the Breaking Bad timeline?

the scene you refer to was Walt's 52nd birthday, we've seen him celebrating his 51st when Jesse gave him the watch as present. so in less tha one year he'll be buying the gun to

kill Hank?

i still say one of two things will happen:

1.) this whole thing is a dream and he is on his death bed.

2.) or the cancer comes back.

im going with the dream. all of the sudden he quits and his wife that wants him dead forgives him and all is fine at the end of the show between them? ill also say having to wait until next summer for the finale is a bit ridiculous IMO.

I'm not buying Walt's line that he quit. He probably said that to get Skyler off his back.

I'm guessing now that the rest of the series will be Hank trying to find evidence besides the book against Walter since just that wouldn't be enough. I also wonder why Walter would leave that around. Did he forget that Gale put that note in there?

I'm not buying Walt's line that he quit. He probably said that to get Skyler off his back.

I'm guessing now that the rest of the series will be Hank trying to find evidence besides the book against Walter since just that wouldn't be enough. I also wonder why Walter would leave that around. Did he forget that Gale put that note in there?

I saw an interesting take on this in an avclub comment:

Here's what I think no one is getting. Gale didn't give the book to Walt. That's my guess anyway. We never actually saw Gale giving him the book. That's the impression they wanted to leave, but I think it was an intentionally misleading impression.

Gale and Walt talked about Leaves of Grass, and then we see Walt reading it. But we don't see Gale giving it to Walt. I think Walt had it already. If you noticed, it looked like a pretty old book; not something Gale would have bought recently and given to Walt (and he certainly wouldn't give Walt his only copy).

Who gave it to him, then? Gretchen. I had to google it, but Gretchen's maiden name was Black. Therefore also G.B.

And the inscription makes sense. And when Walt chuckles when he reads it, he's not chuckling while thinking of Gale; it's a rueful chuckle when he thinks about how he used to work with Gretchen at Gray Matter.

This also explains why Walt wouldn't destroy this book as he did the other evidence of his crimes; Gretchen gave it to him, he knows that, and doesn't think twice about it.

And so the big irony; Hank figures out who Walt is via a clue that shouldn't even have been a clue to begin with.

I had to google it, but Gretchen's maiden name was Black.

Eh, that's a lie. No one knows Gretchen's maiden name. No one. What people are doing is mistaking the fact that her surname (Schwartz) literally means "black" in German with her having a maiden name with the letter "b".

The idea that her maiden name is Black is ridiculous and if the writers actually went with it, I don't think I'd have any respect for them.

Had a hunch that would be the ending, it seemed too neatly tied up towards the end. Long long wait till 2013 now...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Season 5 been pushed back to summer? I thought it was originally supposed to air "early 2013"?

Yeah it was announced some time ago.

Tweet.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

i don't want this show to have a stupid dream ending. Ruins the entire show when they cop out to that, and every show that has has gotten bad reviews. It's a good show, needs an awesome ending.

I dont think the dream ending is going to happen. A show in the 80's ended like that... cant remember the name. On the series finale the camera panned out to someone playing with a snowglobe or somethihng.

Edit - Found it, St. Elsewhere

In the final moments of the show, it?s revealed that the entire series has been imagined by Donald Westphall?s autistic son, Tommy (Chad Allen), as he stares into a snowglobe that contains a tiny hospital. Though the big twist is a shocker and has gone down in history as one of the most memorable finales in television history, most faithful viewers couldn?t help but feel cheated.

Arent you talking about season 6? I'm current watching season 5.

I'm on episode 4. Only a few left then i have to wait til next season with the rest of you. it's going to be the last? that sucks since i only just now started watching this (less then a week ago, caught up that quickly)

Season 5 is the last season, there are 2 parts, part 1 is eps 1-8, part 2 airs next year.

I dont think the dream ending is going to happen. A show in the 80's ended like that... cant remember the name. On the series finale the camera panned out to someone playing with a snowglobe or somethihng.

Edit - Found it, St. Elsewhere

In the final moments of the show, it?s revealed that the entire series has been imagined by Donald Westphall?s autistic son, Tommy (Chad Allen), as he stares into a snowglobe that contains a tiny hospital. Though the big twist is a shocker and has gone down in history as one of the most memorable finales in television history, most faithful viewers couldn?t help but feel cheated.

LOL was bothering me as well, so I just Googled it.

TommyWestphall-TheLastOne-1988.jpg

Arent you talking about season 6? I'm current watching season 5.

I'm on episode 4. Only a few left then i have to wait til next season with the rest of you. it's going to be the last? that sucks since i only just now started watching this (less then a week ago, caught up that quickly), then i wont have many shows to watch since dexter will be on its last season too.

I guess i still have falling skies and walking dead lol

i don't want this show to have a stupid dream ending. Ruins the entire show when they cop out to that, and every show that has has gotten bad reviews. It's a good show, needs an awesome ending.

Same here, I too saw it all in one week, this November.

And yeah, they have maintained a high quality till now, and I don't want a stupid cop put ending. I want them to end the highest note.

I think they made it obvious that the brother in law is now suspicious of him. In a way i kinda want Walt to be caught. he's turning into a crazy douche. i think i liked Gus more now lol.

killing mike kinda made me hate walter.

So the way the first episode this season opened, makes it seem like Walt is on t he run.

Yeah, the final moments of the finale was so great. No background score, just the dialogues, and Hank's face was just great.

Yeah, let's see who the gun is for.

I don't think Walt will care that Hank knows.. he doesn't care about anything: his family, who he hurts, the money, it's all about power and i wouldn't be surprised if he was able to manipulate Hank in some way, at least to carry out the drama for a couple of episodes before the whole show draws to a close, probably with Walter's death.

• 2 weeks later...

i can kinda see his wife doing it.

She's becoming more and more stressed out and weird.

even if she doesn't do that, i think she'll becoming deeper and more involved in the drug stuff with Walt.

rumor has it his cancer will come back. when does the new season premier?