Breaking Bad (Spoiler Warning)

The part about the GPS was weak. Walt would have been smart enough to know if the van had GPS.

Thats the things though, he wouldnt have known unless he called up the rental place and asked.  He couldnt do that because Jessie told him not to hang up the phone, but it did ###### me off that he didnt clue in just because Jessie said that.  I think he was freaking out and wasnt thinking straight.  Another thing that ###### me off was when he did realize he led them to the money why not drive off deeper into the dessert? 

Thats the things though, he wouldnt have known unless he called up the rental place and asked.  He couldnt do that because Jessie told him not to hang up the phone, but it did **** me off that he didnt clue in just because Jessie said that.  I think he was freaking out and wasnt thinking straight.  Another thing that ****ed me off was when he did realize he led them to the money why not drive off deeper into the dessert? 

He would have checked and been sure before even using the van in the first place.

• Like 3

Except Jessie sent him a photo and told him there were 7 barrels. There's no way Jessie could have known that unless he'd found them (in Walt's mind at least) so he panicked

• Like 2

Hank is firing straight at the very end prior to the camera cutting to Walt in
the van. Maybe he's firing at a gas tank, which will cause the car/truck to
explode.

I agree that episode was very unrealistic or maybe it wasn't. AMC did their job extremely well by making everyone wonder what will happen in the next episode!

Thats the things though, he wouldnt have known unless he called up the rental place and asked.  He couldnt do that because Jessie told him not to hang up the phone, but it did **** me off that he didnt clue in just because Jessie said that.  I think he was freaking out and wasnt thinking straight.  Another thing that ****ed me off was when he did realize he led them to the money why not drive off deeper into the dessert?

He was definitely freaking out. All he cares about is the money, because it's for the family when he dies. If he loses the money everything he 'worked for' has been for nothing.

He would have checked and been sure before even using the van in the first place.

Huell got the van for him, and Walt was in a rush to dump the money. I think it's reasonable to assume that he was trusting Saul to get things done right, but when Jesse mentioned it he panicked because he didn't check.

He's also been getting increasingly careless as time's gone on.

I actually really enjoyed this episode, certainly better than the previous couple of episodes, which seemed to be mostly filler. I thought that Walt's panic was very well portrayed, especially with the shots of the car racing down the highway. Like others have said though, I take real issue with how horrifically bad the Nazi guys are at shooting.

• Like 2

I actually really enjoyed this episode, certainly better than the previous couple of episodes, which seemed to be mostly filler. I thought that Walt's panic was very well portrayed, especially with the shots of the car racing down the highway. Like others have said though, I take real issue with how horrifically bad the Nazi guys are at shooting.

I agree, these folk are hired hitman with some serious fire power and manage and accuracy of -10000%

• Like 1

I think Jesse and Walt will bond again, they always do.

They are kind of on even ground now...

"I tried to kill brock, you tried to get me arrested...."

, you might be right. I kind of hope you are. Alternatively,

everyone dies except Walt

and I just go...  :o That'd be cool too.

They are kind of on even ground now...

"I tried to kill brock, you tried to get me arrested...."

, you might be right. I kind of hope you are. Alternatively,

everyone dies except Walt

and I just go...  :o That'd be cool too.

Well from the mini-previews we've seen in the first episodes 

Walt buying a gun and then driving to his abadoned home I would think so, either that or they all used the "guy" to disappear

He was definitely freaking out. All he cares about is the money, because it's for the family when he dies. If he loses the money everything he 'worked for' has been for nothing.

Huell got the van for him, and Walt was in a rush to dump the money. I think it's reasonable to assume that he was trusting Saul to get things done right, but when Jesse mentioned it he panicked because he didn't check.

He's also been getting increasingly careless as time's gone on.

I don't agree that it is about the money for his family anymore. I think the money is a physical representation of his pride now. I don't think he cares about his family anymore than he cares about Jesse to be honest. They are a part of who he was, and at one time he probably did care about them, but I have no doubts he could turn on them just like Jesse.

I do agree about the GPS in the van though. He had no reason to doubt Saul or his guys, so he didn't check himself and then he had an "Oh crap!" moment when Jesse mentioned it.

I actually am opposite of you though on this episode verses the previous episodes. I felt like this was the filler and the others actually advanced the story. But to each their own though :)

I think Hank survives though and Gomez is killed (or vice versa). I can't imagine that at least one character isn't killed in that shoot out, they just wanted to save it for the next episode. Jesse, I'm 50-50 on whether he dies. We are at the end of the series, so anyone could go to be honest.

• Like 1

I don't agree that it is about the money for his family anymore. I think the money is a physical representation of his pride now. I don't think he cares about his family anymore than he cares about Jesse to be honest. They are a part of who he was, and at one time he probably did care about them, but I have no doubts he could turn on them just like Jesse.

Interesting, I never thought about it like that. I do agree that the money does represent his pride as a trophy of his accomplishment, but I do still think that there's an element of keeping it for the family. He does seem willing to sell Skyler down the river though, so while I think he does want the money for the family in the long term, he'll do anything to stay ahead of Hank.

I don't believe Walt has really turned on Jesse. Jesse

misjudged the meeting and

forced Walt into a corner

because he knew that Jesse couldn't be negotiated with anymore

. I think they did a good job of expressing how much he doesn't want to

kill Jesse in the meeting with the Nazi guys

I wonder if its possible Jesse and Walt are working together to get Hank and Gomez.

I don't believe Walt has really turned on Jesse. Jesse

misjudged the meeting and

forced Walt into a corner

because he knew that Jesse couldn't be negotiated with anymore

. I think they did a good job of expressing how much he doesn't want to

kill Jesse in the meeting with the Nazi guys

That's true, I don't think Walt wants to kill Jesse, but I don't think it is because he cares for him in the sense that two friends would care for each other. Jesse was loyal, like a dog would be in Walt's mind, and I think Walt wants to protect the people that have stuck by him, but only to a degree. But if you get in Walt's way, or threaten his "pride" in any way, Walt will defend himself and clearly at all cost.

What is telling is how he was SCREAMING to the Neo Nazi's that it was OFF!!! I have to wonder why exactly. I don't think it is out of duty to Hank necessarily, but maybe Skyler?

I think Walt is actually conflicted maybe. There's still a part of him that does care, but it is constantly being overruled by the demons he's allowed to take over?

I wonder if its possible Jesse and Walt are working together to get Hank and Gomez.

I don't see that happening. Jesse has been pushed to far from Walt with the poisoning of Brock (sp?) to let Walt get away. Hank may be Jesse's enemy, but I think this is a "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation. Hank is Jesse's only hope of getting justice/revenge on Walt (in Jesse's mind I think).

• Like 2

I think Walt is actually conflicted maybe. There's still a part of him that does care, but it is constantly being overruled by the demons he's allowed to take over?

Definitely agree. I think he's basically losing control of the situation and resorting to ever more extreme "solutions to problems" because he can't work out any easier solutions without him coming out worse off (Jail, poor, etc).

Here are some insights into the future

From the episode Blood Money, it shows Walt returning home from potentially being in New Hampshire. So therefore Walt does escape in To'hajiilee. In the CBS this morning, it shows Walt and his family pack to go somewhere far away, which I believe is New Hamshire. I think someone bad has to have happened for Walt and his family to leave and travel across the country such as Hank dying or something. So I think the clip in Blood Money gives a lot of insight into the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLJfUTVp7ls

What is telling is how he was SCREAMING to the Neo Nazi's that it was OFF!!! I have to wonder why exactly. I don't think it is out of duty to Hank necessarily, but maybe Skyler?

Could he also have been screaming to abort because having two dead DEA agents would bring a lot more attention to the case or that area?

Here is why Hank will die. He called Marie and said cheerfully; "we got him", "it may be a while before I get home" and "I love you". I think that was a hint that he is going to be killed in the next episode.

• Like 2

Here is why Hank will die. He called Marie and said cheerfully; "we got him", "it may be a while before I get home" and "I love you". I think that was a hint that he is going to be killed in the next episode.

That's pretty much what I was thinking as well, since she's all relieved and happy and then Blam-o! Which seems to be how this show works.

Yes, I was thinking exactly the same thing - everything seemed too perfect, too sentimental.  As soon as Hank uttered "I love you" he practically nailed his own coffin.

And of course, there's still five or so episodes left!

Better Call Saul! Breaking Bad spin-off revealing Saul Goodman's past confirmed by AMC

Breaking Bad addicts can cheer up. The series might be coming to an end this month, but its makers have given the go ahead to a one-off prequel episode revealing Saul Goodman?s past.

Better Call Saul, also from American network AMC and producer Sony Pictures, will tell the story of the unflappable Goodman, played by Bob Odenkirk,  in the days before he represented crystal meth cooks.

It will follow the crooked lawyer for Breaking Bad?s high school chemistry teacher-turned-crystal-meth manufacturer, Walter White (Bryan Cranston), in his early days.

AMC confirmed they have reached a licensing agreement for a spinoff of Vince Gilligan?s landmark series, provisionally titled Better Call Saul.

?Plans call for Saul to be a one-hour prequel that will focus on the evolution of the popular Saul Goodman character before he ever became Walter White?s lawyer,? AMC said.

Breaking Bad is set to end this month after a critically acclaimed five seasons.

The final series, which can be watched in full via Netflix, has prompted an outpouring from fans who don?t want the show to end.

The dark, drug-fuelled drama about a man who takes desperate measures to ensure the financial security of his family when he discovers he has terminal cancer, has won a slew of awards during its five series and has been nominated for six Primetime Emmy Awards, including best drama, this year.

Odenkirk, who has been a series regular on the series since the third season, is expected to reprise the role.

The one-off prequel will be developed by Breaking Bad creator Andrew Gilligan and series writer-producer Peter Gould.

Industry website Deadline suggests that, if successful, Better Call Saul could be expanded into a new series.

AMC did not confirm when production would begin, but the series is believed to be chalked up for broadcast next year.

?The pact between AMC and Sony TV came after talks between the two sides came down to the wire, with other outlets, including Netflix, which has had huge success with Breaking Bad, very interested in snatching the spinoff series,? Deadline reports.