Red Snapper tripods - Just got one, seriously impressed!

Last week for ?109 (inc del) I picked up the RS324 alloy tripod which comes with a 3 way panning head and short column and high quality carry case. I was most surprised with the built quality of all the bits included. They felt as high in quality as the Manfrotto/Gitzo etc costing at least double this price and movement of each part was silky smooth as well.

Anyway, I needed a ball head and the 3 way head was a bundled product with the tripod so I ordered the RSH12 ball head at ?50 after reading a blog review on this head.

So all in all I got a high quality tripod with ball head for under ?160 which is a lot lot less than any of the competition which would come with less features/accessories to boot.

I?d definitely recommend anyone looking for a strong tripod that?s relatively lightweight to check them out as they have ones at ?59 as well.

I have a quick video and some pics that should help

With the short column:

redsnapper_tripod_splits.jpg

With the bundled 3 way head (my old Slik Master Classic on the right):

redsnapper_tripod_vs_slik1.jpg

Ball head:

redsnapper_tripod_rs-324_and_rsh-12_ballhead.jpg

I did notice a problem with the 3 way head though, the baseplate where the camera attaches had for some reason stopped locking the plate, like as if the screw thread had gone which was weird as they?re pretty heavy duty stuff so I called the store and they said they?ve never had that before and requested I send the head only back and they?ll send me a replacement with no questions asked.

Someone else had an issue and they also had a similar experience and they got reimbursed postage costs too so customer service looks to be very good too!

Definitely impressed and up until last week I never even heard of this brand before! Browsing around the web it turns out the owner is a photographer himself and wondered why tripods are so expensive so set himself up with his own company and the tripods are also made at the same factory that Manfrotto and others are made.

These looks awesome, I need to invest in a good tripod as my current one is very basic. It was only cheap and was great for me but this looks great!