'Unrelenting' Heat Wave Hits 17 States

I'm currently in Middle TN - I love the hot weather and the humidity isn't that bad. Try South Carolina and Georgia to get a good feel for the heat/humidity combination. I would much rather be hot than cold. :) That and I get out in the elements more than most...so I'm used to it.

A friend of mine had a estimate done recently and they want $3900 to install central heat/air. In my opinion, if you have a well insulated house it's worth every penny of it. That's what I told him and I think he's glad he has it now.

I already have forced heat though including duct work, so I would just need the A/C unit installed. $3600 for just a unit plus install is mad steep.

It's so humid here that it's difficult to breathe.

I met with a client from NASA last night and he said it was worse up here than it is back in Florida. Now that's saying something.

Interesting. Here in Oregon it was raining yesterday and today it'll barely be 80.

Did it actually hit 80 yesterday(the 18th) I was wearing a heavy wool jacket till noon or so. Woke up today to it raining like crazy.

The thing is it's easier to bundle up when it's cold. when it;s hot you can only do so much!!

Went out to shop for a few items and it was kinda hot, but the freakin' humidity was brutal.

Started up the vehicle, set the A/C to Max/Recirculate and froze my butt off to the store. Fast turnaround there, came back home and scooted back into the house which was a nice, cool, 68F :)

I already have forced heat though including duct work, so I would just need the A/C unit installed. $3600 for just a unit plus install is mad steep.

Sounds about right. Thats what i got quoted to replace my forced air unit that is with my heat. You still need the coils piping to the coils and the outside unit. Plus electric and other work

Sounds about right. Thats what i got quoted to replace my forced air unit that is with my heat. You still need the coils piping to the coils and the outside unit. Plus electric and other work

the ductwork would be hard for my place we have 4 vents downstairs and only 1 vent upstairs and no way to use the existing upstairs framework and just branch off a main line cause the main line is nowhere near the 3 upstairs bedrooms that need it.

we would also need electrical work done and our house only has 100 amp service and not the 200 that most houses now a days have. we do have a newer breaker box though. the furnace would need to be replaced as well.

:::: sigh :::::

imma sit in the tub and be on ice if it gets any worse... or just buy a cheap android tablet or netbook of some sort and find a "cooling center" and stay there. (got any suggestions on one under 300 let me know!)

and my poor cat is shedding all her beautiful fur off :-( poor girl was panting today....

(and omg i'm cryin right now becuase of all this... and also becuase borders is closing I love that place)

Thursday is expected to set all time records in Toronto.

Raw temperature of 37C (99F) but it will feel like 48C (118F) when the actual temperature and relative humidity are combined.

Canada calls this process the Humidex while the U.S. calls their equivalent the Heat Index. Either way, the point being is that hot and humid feels a lot worse than hot and dry. On Thursday it will feel like we're wrapped in a blanket while wading through soup.

Thursday is expected to set all time records in Toronto.

Raw temperature of 37C (99F) but it will feel like 48C (118F) when the actual temperature and relative humidity are combined.

Canada calls this process the Humidex while the U.S. calls their equivalent the Heat Index. Either way, the point being is that hot and humid feels a lot worse than hot and dry. On Thursday it will feel like we're wrapped in a blanket while wading through soup.

While I love Toronto in the winter, I hate it in the summer, humid sticky ,.. bah .... if summer Toronto would be a person, I would chain it with a concrete uranium block and send it to the Mariana Trentch

While I love Toronto in the winter, I hate it in the summer, humid sticky ,.. bah .... if summer Toronto would be a person, I would chain it with a concrete uranium block and send it to the Mariana Trentch

(Y)

I hate summers, no matter what city I'm in, some just happen to be more bearable than others. Fall/Winter is the best time for me.

accuweather calls it RealFeel and it's at 98!!!! HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

the heat index for tomorrow is supposed to be near 120 where i live :(

East central Nebraska near the flooding Missouri River - current temp 99 - heat index 108 - humidy has dropped to 42% - hot wind out of the SSW and in the evening the giant bugs begin their attacks!

• Like 1