'Unrelenting' Heat Wave Hits 17 States

Heat index was 118F yesterday here in london, ontario....and it was one of the cooler places, Toronto, windsor and Hamilton all had higher temperatures.

Currently 84f heat index 95F

Jeez. Once in a while it reaches 110 F in states and people go crazy. But in gulf countries like Saudi Arabia and tropical countries like India, it reaches well about 120F every year.

when it's above avg. for a long time like this is why people are like this.

Hey quick question, in these places where it is getting super hot, 40C +, what is the lowest temp they will see in winter?

Below 0 Fahrenheit in winter storms.

Michigan goes WAY below 0?C/32?F - more like -33?C/-10?F in late Jan or early Feb, with wind chills in my memory as low as -51?C/-60?F. Freeze your arse off.

That usually happens when we get an Alberta Clipper - high winds that come straight from the polar region through Canada to the Great Lakes.

at my childhood home we once had -40F (actual temp NOT WIND CHILL)!!!

Hey quick question, in these places where it is getting super hot, 40C +, what is the lowest temp they will see in winter?

It's been -10 to -20 F before in the winter time here in chicago. Take the wind chill on top of that. We do get both extremes here in chicago.

God you are a pack of babies.. :whistle:

Try living in Australia :p

We start commenting that it's hot when we see tar melting on the road :p

Haha, that's right! I saw a report on out news about it last night an had a bit of a chuckle! =P

The worst thing with this heat wave is the power outages (due to increased electric demand). My transformer blew on Friday at 2 A.M.

Man it sure got hot in my house (90s), and my power company never started working on to fix the outage until almost 10 A.M. :(

go buy tons of ice from the grocery store or gas station and soak in it LOL.