Apple Phasing Out White MacBook in Favor of Entry-Level MacBook Air?

Let see how this balances out.

Where the Air is better:

SSD

Size/weight

Where the MacBook was better:

battery

optical drive

screen size

GPU

CPU

upgradeable RAM

Upgradeable HDD

HDD capacity

2GB RAM stock and upgradeable to 8GB

Both for the same price. I'll be buying a MacBook after work just to make sure I get one before they are gone.

Let see how this balances out.

Where the Air is better:

SSD

Size/weight

Where the MacBook was better:

battery

optical drive

screen size

GPU

CPU

upgradeable RAM

Upgradeable HDD

HDD capacity

2GB RAM stock and upgradeable to 8GB

Both for the same price. I'll be buying a MacBook after work just to make sure I get one before they are gone.

good call (Y)

For the last year and a half, Microcenter has been selling 13'' Macbook Pros for $999. I see no reason to buy a Macbook

• Like 3

Watch billions of students buy the 11" one and say "less screen is NO Problem when I'm with Apple". :whistle: :whistle:

The vast majority of students I see walking around the building have a MacBook Pro.

entry level macbook air? isnt the macbook air an equivalent to a $250 pc net book? how more entry can it get?

$250 netbook = JUNK

$999 Mac Air = genius product.

entry level macbook air? isnt the macbook air an equivalent to a $250 pc net book? how more entry can it get?

windows equivalent is the samsung.... CNET review quote

The bad: The Series 9's way-too-high sticker price makes the MacBook Air look downright affordable by comparison; the flexy case design doesn't feel as good as the MacBook Air's, either.

and that's comparing the old macbook air... not the new lower priced ones.

my point: all ultra thin latops are under powered and over priced.

So is Apple's unibody aluminum design patented so no one else can manufacture something equivalent?

Better question yet: Why would other companies suddenly feel the need produce notebooks with a similar design only after Apple released it?

Better question yet: Why would other companies suddenly feel the need produce notebooks with a similar design only after Apple released it?

cause wether the haters admit it or not, apple starts trends.

more like makes existing trends/ideas more popular.

Like how HP suddenly started releasing aluminum-grey laptops (only made out of plastic of course) with a black rim around the screen only after Apple released their new MacBook Pro design, right? Sure, it's all pure coincidence! ;)

Like how HP suddenly started releasing grey laptops with a black rim around the screen only after Apple released their new MacBook Pro design right? ;)

don't forget how their were tons of phones from HTC, Samsung and LG that were only a glass screen that was fully based on multi touch pinch.gif

So if other companies can't help but copy Apple's design, they should just go out of business. Then we will have 1 PC manufacturer in the world and that will be FAN-tastic. :wacko:

So if other companies can't help but copy Apple's design, they should just go out of business. Then we will have 1 PC manufacturer in the world and that will be FAN-tastic. :wacko:

who said that?

who said that?

That's what Apple fanatics desire. A world where every PC is a Mac.

Don't you know that every innovative concept the last 10 years has come out of Apple? All the other companies' designers are sub-morons who couldn't design their way out of a paper bag.

That's what Apple fanatics desire. A world where every PC is a Mac.

Don't you know that every innovative concept the last 10 years has come out of Apple? All the other companies' designers are sub-morons who couldn't design their way out of a paper bag.

i guess... and that second part isn't true at all. unless that is sarcasm then well done. if not, solid trolling.

Jonathan Ive is single handedly a better designer then all the other PC designers put together. The proof is Mac sales outpacing PC the last 21 straight quarters. Nobody really wants a Windows PC anymore, it's more out of necessity because you either can't afford even a $1000 Mac or you need Windows for some applications.

Jonathan Ive is single handedly a better designer then all the other PC designers put together. The proof is Mac sales outpacing PC the last 21 straight quarters. Nobody really wants a Windows PC anymore, it's more out of necessity because you either can't afford even a $1000 Mac or you need Windows for some applications.

there is so much fail in that sentence i don't even know where to begin... you speak for everyone now?

there is so much fail in that sentence i don't even know where to begin... you speak for everyone now?

Objectively - why would anyone want a HP/Asus/Dell box over a beautiful iMac?

Nobody really wants a Windows PC anymore, it's more out of necessity because you either can't afford even a $1000 Mac or you need Windows for some applications.
Objectively - why would anyone want a HP/Asus/Dell box over a beautiful iMac?

Because they like having a lot more choices in what they get under the hood? They don't want to run OSX? They want to stay compatible with what they're already using? Although to be honest I'm a fan of "none of the above" and prefer to build them myself. Insinuating they don't have one because they're either too poor or too stupid is frankly just insulting and rather narrow minded. There's absolutely nothing "objective" about that.

Jonathan Ive is single handedly a better designer then all the other PC designers put together.

Ive's its nothing without Dieter Rams' design style.