Mac OS X Lion Bugs

This thread may be informative to people considering an upgrade to Lion and want to know what prevalent bugs exist in the release of Lion.

I came across a bug with Safari 5.1 (7534.48.3). When there are multiple Safari windows opened in desktop mode, sometimes pinch to zoom (or double-tap to zoom) adjusts the zoom of a background window and not the window that has focus. Clicking on the desktop and then back to the window I was working in seems to "fix" this problem.

This is on an upgrade install of OS X Lion.

Another bug in Safari 5.1: The 'Safari Web Content' process (i.e. the WebKit2 renderer) is using up a lot of resources - it's not uncommon for it to use upwards of 1.1 GB of RAM out of 4 GB on my machine, and that's with only 8 - 10 tabs open. Every once in a while said process is restarted seemingly out of the blue. I can't reproduce what triggers the restart though.

Cisco Clean Access Agent (if you connect to wireless that requires login through Cisco clean access software) doesn't work with OS X 10.7

(I blame cisco in this case)

Every once in a while said process is restarted seemingly out of the blue. I can't reproduce what triggers the restart though.

I'm not sure if the Safari Web Content process flags itself for automatic termination in Lion, but that would be my guess.

Edit: Doesn't look like it does. I guess it's just crashing then?

Vectorized cursors are not, in fact, vectorized. It still requires a click outside of System Preferences to actually "de-fuzz," Safari doesn't seem to support them at all (although I'm positive it's a WebKit issue) and a lot of the cursors, like the camera icon that appears when doing screenshots, are simply not vectorized at all.

There is a bug with Safari 5.1 and File Quarantine on both Snow Leopard and Lion. If you download a DMG containing an application using Safari, then open the .app it states that "WebProcess downloaded the file" instead of "Safari downloaded the file".

Cant access my NAS, so i dont have non of my backups and can't backup... this is QNAPs fault, they only released a statement yesterday saying an update will be out within the next few weeks, they obviously didn't test it with Lion beta.

Magic Mouse cursor sometimes jumped to the other side of the screen, i've googled this and it looks like it's limited to the magic mouse

So far no other issues, all my other software works great.. including Adobe :)

Cant access my NAS, so i dont have non of my backups and can't backup... this is QNAPs fault, they only released a statement yesterday saying an update will be out within the next few weeks, they obviously didn't test it with Lion beta.

Magic Mouse cursor sometimes jumped to the other side of the screen, i've googled this and it looks like it's limited to the magic mouse

So far no other issues, all my other software works great.. including Adobe :)

It's because of protocol updates that your NAS doesn't support

nm I read the rest of your post :pinch:

Not sure whether this is a 'bug' or a feature, but when I activate Mission Control via the Dock icon I can't click the icon again to close it. Seems strange considering Launchpad works that way.

Not sure whether this is a 'bug' or a feature, but when I activate Mission Control via the Dock icon I can't click the icon again to close it. Seems strange considering Launchpad works that way.

I can close Mission Control with the Dock icon.

"It just works" :p

Sorry, as per normal had to be done :p

So how is the update? Is it as big and awesome an update as they have been decreeing? Just curious >.<

I've always wanted to run a hackintosh so I could spend some serious time playing with Mac OS >.<

So how is the update? Is it as big and awesome an update as they have been decreeing? Just curious >.<

Have you completely missed everything on the internet about Lion? The reviews all say the same thing.

bug: ever since i installed lion, there's a faint whine coming from the area in the top left of the keyboard (under the Esc key). it's like coil whine from a desktop psu, but maybe not as loud.

it's annoying as hell late at night when everything else is silent.

Search in the finder doesn't work for me on my Server which shares files over Samba

Search in Mail is broken and doesn't give me all results for something I query but I can view the emails I'm looking for if I browse for them manually.

I'm not sure why the Search is buggy for me but it is. Not been able to solve it as yet.

Sometimes the UI just lags up and any video playing loses frames, and I'm unable to control any applications for 4-5 seconds until everything comes back to normal.

When I have an External Display Hooked up I'm unable to turn off the keyboard Backlighting on my MacBook Pro, but when I unplug the External Display I can blink.gif

Upgrade Bug:

I use my iMac as a file server for my network as well as a workstations. After the upgrade i had to recreate all shares as other machines couldn't log on. After the recreation everything worked fine.

Vectorized cursors are not, in fact, vectorized. It still requires a click outside of System Preferences to actually "de-fuzz," Safari doesn't seem to support them at all (although I'm positive it's a WebKit issue) and a lot of the cursors, like the camera icon that appears when doing screenshots, are simply not vectorized at all.

Vectorized cursors? what where? How?

Vectorized cursors? what where? How?

post-119000-0-08267400-1311367821.png

As you increase the size of the cursor, they are supposed to look smooth, not pixelated. But in reality, they're still pixelated a lot of the time.

bug: ever since i installed lion, there's a faint whine coming from the area in the top left of the keyboard (under the Esc key). it's like coil whine from a desktop psu, but maybe not as loud.

it's annoying as hell late at night when everything else is silent.

What Mac are you talking about here? My old Core Duo Black MacBook had that problem but Apple said it was an Intel chip design problem, and they even offered to replace my logic board to see if it would work (with the disclaimer that it probably wouldn't), and sure enough it didn't.

I'm surprised that yours has randomly started doing that now. Does it do that while the battery is charging? Or while it's at a "not charging" state?

What Mac are you talking about here? My old Core Duo Black MacBook had that problem but Apple said it was an Intel chip design problem, and they even offered to replace my logic board to see if it would work (with the disclaimer that it probably wouldn't), and sure enough it didn't.

I'm surprised that yours has randomly started doing that now. Does it do that while the battery is charging? Or while it's at a "not charging" state?

it's a macbook unibody (late 2008, early 2009). and yeah, definately started happening the moment it restarted after upgrading to lion. happens when plugged in or on battery.

don't get me wrong, it's not loud, but loud enough to be an annoyance when in a silent room. it's not even noticeable with the tv on the background.

it's a macbook unibody (late 2008, early 2009). and yeah, definately started happening the moment it restarted after upgrading to lion. happens when plugged in or on battery.

don't get me wrong, it's not loud, but loud enough to be an annoyance when in a silent room. it's not even noticeable with the tv on the background.

Definitely sounds like the same problem I had... I'd have long study sessions in silence and that noise would drive me absolutely mad.

I don't know what to say. It seems unlikely that Lion somehow drives a different frequency or current of energy that would cause that noise to show up. I'd try a PRAM reset just because you can, and if it doesn't ever go away then you can always bring it up at the Apple Store and see what they say.

- When your screen is zoomed in and you open Launchpad, you can?t move around in the screen and you can?t zoom in and out either. You need to get rid of Launchpad first.

- When zoomed on the screen, you can drag a window outside the top boundary of the space (beyond the menu bar). It has been present since? forever.

I can close Mission Control with the Dock icon.

I have the same issue as ynnoj. It is kind of strange. But when Mission Control is opened, and I click the dock icon for Mission control then Mission control briefly goes away and re-appears.

I have a similar bug with opening Launchpad from the dock sometimes the dock keeps its "magnification" on the Launchpad icon. Briefly moving my cursor over the dock releases it. Small visual bug.